LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

22 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

This is what I don't understand. Our offense has sucked and struggles to get first downs. We'd LOVE it if we played a defense that always let us have smoke routes, screens, and outs so we can get in a rhythm and pick up yardage. And we'd especially love it because our struggling offensive line doesn't even need to be good. The ball will get out so quickly that the offensive line becomes irrelevant. 

Agreed. And teams do what they can to take that away from the Rams offense and it absolutely shuts them down. Why can’t we play Raheem every week. 

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Has nothing to do with wanting "exciting" plays... I want my defensive coordinator to show he has a modicum of ability to analyze a situation and make adjustments accordingly, or... you know... intelligence and humility.  The D can play their butts off, but if the coordinator refuses to adapt according to situational instances, he's setting them up to fail and that's as big of an FU to them as the offense failing to uphold their part.

Sorry man nothing but respect for you but if you read people they disagree with you even ones giving you likes. It's not flashy enough for them. For me it comes down to two things.

One McVay, and the offensive players, continually tell us the D is doing a great job. Even with us not agreeing with them even with us wanting that last drive done differently McVay thinks they're doing a good job.

Two he's calling the defense the way McVay wants it and McVay has told us this countless times but people ignore him or say it's coach speak he's just protecting his buddy.

I don't like the soft coverages either but I get it with the personnel we have. I'd really have liked two straight goal line stands so our defense could have kept bailing out the offense but it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Currently the Rams pass offense ranks 21st in DVOA. The pass defense is 22nd. The defense leads the NFL in average cushion and opposing QBs have the fastest time to throw. With that fastest time to throw, the defense also has the worst pressure rate in the NFL while having a top 5-10 pass rush win rate. If this was an effective method of pass defense, the DVOA would be higher. 

What we have seen is our rush defense has been incredibly strong and we have benefitted from playing 2 backup QBs (Cooper Rush, PJ Walker). The performance against Brady was great minus the last 2 drives. Any defensive criticism extends beyond 1 game. Aaron Donald is being neutralized by our own scheme. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Start Perkins. The season is slipping away, we have nothing to lose at this point. See what the kid looks like.

I think both have pluses for them. Wolford can better work the play action boots but Perkins can maybe give the running game a spark. I would assume we are going with Wolford but it's not like either guy has shown anything to warrant 1 or the other.

8 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

so jackson and brewer are out too now. i guess it's time to talk about the ol coach.
i have a hard time to believe this fiasco is just bad luck.

and wtf, mcvay says nobody told him if stafford has a concussion? what? he is the headcoach!

It’s mind blowing. How is this possible lol

On the plus side, It seems like every time we make the SB we miss the playoffs the year after before being back in contention for about 3 years. If that’s the case, I don’t care about missing playoffs this year. The core is signed for 3 more years so I believe this off-season will be a great one for us. Just going to have to suck up this horrible play for the rest of the year and get solid draft picks. At this rate we will probably end up with pick 35-40ish in the second. I assume the Oline will be addressed through that or FA. 

That said, I keep thinking OBJ might want to actually come back now that Kupp is done. He’s going to get all the targets Kupp gets. Who wouldn’t want that? We will be Contenders in the coming years so why not? If he doesn’t sign in La, I truly think he stays away from SF out of respect to the Rams and Mcvay.