LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

On 11/19/2022 at 8:02 AM, Flounch said:

Yes i don't know what he's thinking...

And it looks like he will let Stafford play behind this line....

And now there's a rumor floating around that Stafford may call it a career after the season because of the head injuries.

6 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

a rumor is floating around....because some guy on ramsondemand made a post.

i mean i could see him retire, but thats not a reliable source.

His wife has been talking about how she’s very worried about it so I assume if it’s true, she’s a big reason why

19 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Let's be hypothetical. Stafford retires unexpectedly at the end of the season.

Could we trade our 2023 2nd and 2024 1st to move into the end of the 1st round next year for Hendon Hooker/Tanner Mckee/Anthony Richardson?

Yes but not positive it would take that much as our 2nd rounder is looking to be in the low 30s at this point. It may not even be a terrible move to try and target Richardson regardless. 

I love Hooker as a college QB but would definitely not trade up for him. His age + injury would just be a no go. Cannot comment on McKee as I've only see highlights. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Let's be hypothetical. Stafford retires unexpectedly at the end of the season.

Could we trade our 2023 2nd and 2024 1st to move into the end of the 1st round next year for Hendon Hooker/Tanner Mckee/Anthony Richardson?

Could we do that? Yes. Should we do that? Hell no. Hendon Hooker just tore his ACL, is already 24 years old (will be 25 before the NFL season), and plays in a gimmicky system. Anthony Richardson is not remotely ready to be a NFL starting QB and may never be. Tanner McKee isn't playing particularly well this year.

I'd rather take my shot on a reclamation project (Baker Mayfield, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Jameis Winston, etc.) and go after a QB with our 2024 first if it doesn't pan out than trade our 2024 first for a project QB. If we keep sucking, we'll be picking near the top of the second anyways.

13 hours ago, MDY10 said:

His wife has been talking about how she’s very worried about it so I assume if it’s true, she’s a big reason why

oh sure, like i said, i can see him retire but right now its based on a post on a rams forum. meh.

and if he retires the rams will not pick up a guy like baker to be their starter. they will trade for aaron rodgers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Could we do that? Yes. Should we do that? Hell no. Hendon Hooker just tore his ACL, is already 24 years old (will be 25 before the NFL season), and plays in a gimmicky system. Anthony Richardson is not remotely ready to be a NFL starting QB and may never be. Tanner McKee isn't playing particularly well this year.

I'd rather take my shot on a reclamation project (Baker Mayfield, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Jameis Winston, etc.) and go after a QB with our 2024 first if it doesn't pan out than trade our 2024 first for a project QB. If we keep sucking, we'll be picking near the top of the second anyways.

Yes i agree with this, Mcvay already showed that he can work with average QB and make them better. 

• Like 1