LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

10 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I hope that’s the case. Who’s going to be available in the off season? 

Got this off a list online. Obviously we’re talking edge here but I included interior as well since it was there. 

EDGE: 

• Marcus Davenport, New Orleans Saints
  • J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
  • Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles
  • Markus Golden, Arizona Cardinals 
  • Jordan Phillips, Buffalo Bills
  • Matthew Ionnidis, Carolina Panthers
  • Trey Flowers, Miami Dolphins
  • Jadeveon Clowney, Cleveland Browns
  • Arden Key, Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Rasheem Green, Houston Texans
  • Carlos Dunlap, Kansas City Chiefs
  • Dean Lowry, Green Bay Packers 
  • Kyle Van Noy, Los Angeles Chargers 
  • Akiem Hicks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Chase Winovich, Cleveland Browns 
  • Dawuane Smoot, Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Melvin Ingram, Miami Dolphins 
  • Kemoko Turay, free agent
  • William Gholston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Justin Houston, Baltimore Ravens
  • L.J. Collier, Seattle Seahawks 
  • DeMarcus Walker, Tennessee Titans 
  • Dante Fowler Jr., Dallas Cowboys
  • Kerry Hyder, San Francisco 49ers
  • Shaq Lawson, Buffalo Bills
  • Samson Ebukam, San Francisco 49ers 
  • Clelin Ferrell, Las Vegas Raiders

DT: 

• Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia Eagles
  • Jarran Reed, Green Bay Packers
  • Jerry Tillery, Las Vegas Raiders
  • Dalvin Tomlinson, Minnesota Vikings
  • Chris Wormley, Pittsburgh Steelers 
  • Sheldon Rankins, New York Jets 
  • Derrick Nnadi, Kansas City Chiefs
  • Tyquan Lewis, Indianapolis Colts
  • Hassan Ridgeway, San Francisco 49ers 
  • Johnathan Hankins, Dallas Cowboys
  • David Onyemata, New Orleans Saints
  • A’Shawn Robinson, Los Angeles Rams
  • Larry Ogunjobi, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Poona Ford, Seattle Seahawks
  • Malcom Brown, Jacksonville Jaguars 
  • Greg Gaines, Los Angeles Rams

Some names not listed are Robert Quinn,  Ngakoue, and Daron Payne

Definitely some rushers to choose from that can be way better than what we’ve had. I assume a trade is always an option as well. I have no idea what to expect but it feels something will be done to make sure AD isn’t the only threat to rush the QB. 

The Rams-Chargers game should remain on SNF only because if the Chargers win next week, a win in the battle of LA could put them in the playoffs. Late season SNF games typically have playoff implications even if just one of the teams in a given game is in serious contention (case in point 2009 Vikings-Panthers, a game which started a 3-game win streak for the latter team to give them an 8-8 record on the season).

On 12/16/2022 at 5:50 PM, MDY10 said:

Something tells me they’re going to make a big splash at the position in the off-season 

Honest question though, outside of Von - who is/was a unique type of both athlete and positional diversity - does Morris even use the OLB's the same way a lot of us are expecting him to (i.e. the same way that Staley, Wade, etc. did)?

Morris' roots are in that Kiffin Tampa-2 scheme that constantly utilized undersized OLB's who were more quick-close and sure-tackle than the run-the-arc guys we'd been trying to put on the field for Wade and, to some degree, Staley.

Also, almost as much as Von (who we only had for part of a season last year), our defense has arguably missed Morgan Fox as much or more, which was really more of that DL capable of playing outside-in, which complements AD incredibly because of his ability to play inside-out. 

12 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

You can only laugh at this point.

I would have benched everyone 4 weeks ago. It's a throw away season and a large slice of humble pie for everyone in the organization.

We get healthy, we become underdogs again, we make the most of FA and the draft, and we come back with a vengeance next season. Stafford confirmed he is not going anywhere. McVay was confirmed through a comment Peter Shraeger made in late November. Aaron Donald is the only piece in question and I can't see him going out like this. 

rahim morris plays this defense because mcvay wants him to play this defense.
charles robinson said that after wade was kicked out.

so i don't believe it matters at all what style of defense morris prefers.

now with stafforld being 100% back we can invest our early second and third 20223
and our first and second 2024 into an edge and a cb.
we need these two positions upgraded big time.

every corner they drafted is complete trash.

The Rams just became the first defending Super Bowl champion to be flexed out of the Sunday night slot. McVay should be fired for that. And as a fan of the Browns, seeing Steelers-Ravens flexed into SNF disgusts me, especially since the Browns had been above the Steelers in the AFC North standings up until this week. It has not been since 1989 that the Browns finished above the Steelers, which was also their last division title. The Browns are currently the only NFL team that has not won their division in their lifetime.

Edited by pf9

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

The Rams just became the first defending Super Bowl champion to be flexed out of the Sunday night slot. McVay should be fired for that. And as a fan of the Browns, seeing Steelers-Ravens flexed into SNF disgusts me, especially since the Browns had been above the Steelers in the AFC North standings up until this week. It has not been since 1989 that the Browns finished above the Steelers, which was also their last division title. The Browns are currently the only NFL team that has not won their division in their lifetime.

First losing season and has been to a Super Bowl in 2 of his few years and you want him fired? Lol come on now. That’s pretty wild. I’m not sure there’s a coach in history that is making playoffs with these LITERAL bench warmers. 

Not to mention, there’s not many coaches that can be eliminated and be THIS injured and have as many personalities as this team has and get them to actually show up and fight hard for games that don’t matter 

Edited by MDY10

If the Rams and Chargers both do good in 2025, they should try again at putting the game between them on SNF. But this time, it should be within the first four weeks of the season so it has no chance of being flexed out (SNF flex scheduling doesn't begin until week 5, and through week 10 only two of the SNF games can be changed). There will be no Sundays (outside the first four weeks) where the SNF game can't be changed in the 2026 season. If both teams not only do good in 2025 but the Rams win the Super Bowl, it should be the kickoff game in 2026 as the Rams will be the home team.

Of course, they have a chance of meeting in 2024 if the Chargers and Rams finish in the same position in 2023. And if they do that and both teams are coming off playoff seasons, then it should be on SNF between weeks 1-4, with it being the Kickoff game if the Rams are the defending champions (this would be because NFC teams get 9 home games in even-numbered years).

Edited by pf9

Adding insult to injury, the 49ers won the division this year despite recent history dictating that they would miss the playoffs this year because they beat the Packers in the playoffs last year (this had happened in 2014 and 2020). As a Packers fan, I am extremely disappointed that this did not pan out, while at the same time, we now need a lot of things to happen in order to return to the playoffs this year. The Packers might have defended their division title if they had decided they had had enough of Aaron Rodgers because of his inability to beat the 49ers when it mattered (currently 0-4 against them in the playoffs, 2 of the losses coming at home including last year where the weather was much to the Packers' advantage).

Edited by pf9

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

fresh-prince.gif

• Like 1