LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

Ughhhh did I think our approach with going all in would eventually bite us in the ***? Yes, 100%. 

Did I think it was going to happen heading into 2023? F'No.

I'm fulling preparing for a gut job. McVay leaves, Ramsey sold off for picks. We need to retool, not rebuild, but this is LA and the fans don't take kindly to mediocrity.

I'm just going to watch re-runs of the superbowl all offseason to suppress the depression. 

6 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ughhhh did I think our approach with going all in would eventually bite us in the ***? Yes, 100%. 

Did I think it was going to happen heading into 2023? F'No.

I'm fulling preparing for a gut job. McVay leaves, Ramsey sold off for picks. We need to retool, not rebuild, but this is LA and the fans don't take kindly to mediocrity.

I'm just going to watch re-runs of the superbowl all offseason to suppress the depression. 

Now with Mcvay coming back…. I still think Jalen is gone. We need assets and Cap space. If Donald retires that could change, but I think we are losing one of the big five for sure. And it ain’t gonna be Stafford or Kupp

I figured McVay wasnt leaving. I was always in the camp of Ill believe it when I see it. Like I couldnt see McVay leaving like he did with the worst season of his coaching career with the Rams. He could leave after next season though when the Rams bounce back due to health and an active offseason improving their roster. The Rams will more than likely win 11+ games next season either win the division or grab the 5th or 6th seed and then do what they always do and thats at least get to the divisional round. Thats when I can see McVay stepping aside more likely.

As for Ramsey, I read that his tweet wasnt talking about getting traded or wanting out with the Rams. It was due to him being a pro bowl alternate and hoping that will change. He played like an all-pro so he shouldnt be a pro bowl alternate. The Rams arent going to trade their heart and soul on not just the defense but the team. Jalen has that dog in him that gives the team that swag. He just turned 28 not even 4 months ago so out of the core players (Stafford, Kupp, Donald, and Wagner) he is the youngest one of them all. So why trade still the best corner in the NFL who is still in his prime that just turned 28? Its not like he is 30 yet. Plus McVay is back. He didnt come back to make the team worse with trading his core talent especially with a young secondary who needs Jalen in the worse way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Waouh, it didn't took long to think about it....i thought he would wait longer...Maybe after superbowl...

Yeah I never thought McVay was really leaving. He was considering it years ago so it wasnt something that just popped up like most will have you to think. McVay has a plan and so does the organization. I think moving forward will help McVay get through with what he is dealing with that made him think about stepping away. Plus McVay dont like losing so I just couldnt see him leaving after the worst season he has had in his coaching career. The core is all locked up and when the Rams get healthy they will be contending next season. I could see an 11+ win season and at least getting to the divisional round. After that then I could see McVay stepping aside more likely bc he is going on a better note.

I wonder whether certain guys he's aware he can collaborate with and mesh well hitting the market as potential assistants accelerated his decision.  I genuinely do believe he had concerns about taking some of the pressure off his plate - it's something his wife noted in an interview that she and he have discussed and she was having to "learn to live with" (which any of us with wives know is code for: "we're putting a pin in this and circling back to it").  Sean is also very Type A and so he needs someone he has an established trust with before he's going to relinquish any of the steering wheel.

The unlikely-but-possible scenario: He spoke with Frank Reich and had a really productive conversation that reenergized him.

A more likely scenario: Kingsbury and Mike LaFleur got canned - and he has history with both (limited in Mike's case, but Sean has worked with his brother and MLF's mentor closely in the past) - and would be more inclined to have said trust with either or both.

Edited by Dr LBC

6 hours ago, Riftty said:

Now with Mcvay coming back…. I still think Jalen is gone. We need assets and Cap space. If Donald retires that could change, but I think we are losing one of the big five for sure. And it ain’t gonna be Stafford or Kupp

Our cap situation will be fine. We'll just keep kicking the can down the road. As for assets, Ramsey is more of an asset than whatever he'll bring back in a trade. I don't see us dealing him. McVay is coming back to go after another ring. Ramsey is a central part of that.

• Like 1

Relieved that McVay is coming back. Glad to see it. Wonder if he does a whole Phil Jackson last dance speech before the season that we won't know about until a few years later on the 30 for 30.

If Staley loses today, I'd love to see him come back as DC or steal Vic Fangio from Payton.

Kliff Kingsbury I think would be great as a OC, he's just not HC material, but a genius offensive mind and would help take some workload off McVay from a play calling standpoint.

I really dont want to see Thomas Brown go. He would have been my in-house choice to replace McVay.

And Ramsey is top 3 CB in the league, do NOT trade him.