LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I talked alot of $hit about Raheem, but he was well respected in the building. He did a damn good job this season all things considered. Happy we would grab two 3rd round picks (I believe) 

Gotta believe that Dungy's say still holds a strong amount of sway in that building and with Irsay, and Raheem came up under Dungy.  So it's not hard to connect the dots.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I talked alot of $hit about Raheem, but he was well respected in the building. He did a damn good job this season all things considered. Happy we would grab two 3rd round picks (I believe) 

Yeah nobody was happy with the defense most of the year. A lot of that I blame on McSnead not replacing Von at all and who we did and didn't have at #2 CB. It could be a case of be careful of what you wish for.  But I'll take some comp picks for sure. Just curious who replaces him.

On 1/17/2023 at 4:25 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Yeah nobody was happy with the defense most of the year. A lot of that I blame on McSnead not replacing Von at all and who we did and didn't have at #2 CB. It could be a case of be careful of what you wish for.  But I'll take some comp picks for sure. Just curious who replaces him.

Definitely think he earned some of the criticism in my opinion. There was a few games (like Tampa) where he simply was too hard headed to change anything and called the one defense that begged teams to just walk down field. That said, a bend but don't break defense was effective. This team was VERY good inside the redzone. Was also awesome at not allowing big plays and teams had to work their way closer. Can only remember a couple allowed all year. I wish there was a way to keep him around since he is SOO respected but with the track record McVay has in finding DCs, ill take the picks. 

Another thing, I love that Jalen was a top run defender in the whole league... but how can a player be such a good run defender AND be a shutdown corner? Not possible in my opinion. I think Raheems scheme for Jalen hurt him in coverage. Gave a corner even more to think about aside from having the hardest position in football. 

10 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

after jourdan talked about evero being the next dc, if raheem gets a hc job, now albert breer talks about him too.

plus breer says the rams could bring in bill callahan as next ol coach.

Greer says the Rams would like to add those two. I’m pretty sure most teams would like to add those two but both are currently under contract I believe. 

34 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Greer says the Rams would like to add those two. I’m pretty sure most teams would like to add those two but both are currently under contract I believe. 

Andy the Broncos already blocked one club from interviewing Ejiro for their DC position - on the spec that whoever they hire as their new HC might want to retain him.

When i read article about there will be no major haul with the Oline in offseason and when i saw teams like Eagles, Chiefs, Niners, Boys, Bills and Bengals where they had invest in their Oline and looked solid.

I'm confused and worried by Snead comment...he didn't learn a thing about what happened this year. 

I mean ok, there's injury, but this oline was nowhere good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flounch said:

When i read article about there will be no major haul with the Oline in offseason and when i saw teams like Eagles, Chiefs, Niners, Boys, Bills and Bengals where they had invest in their Oline and looked solid.

I'm confused and worried by Snead comment...he didn't learn a thing about what happened this year. 

I mean ok, there's injury, but this oline was nowhere good. 

This is where I take issue with anyone that just blames injuries as the reason the season went south. The line was fully healthy for the Bills game and was a complete disaster. Sure the Bills have a good front but we went into the season with the expectations that we'd be competitive with teams in the Bills class and we clearly were not. 

the oline is set. and it was edwards playing g against the bills.

it will be jackson and anchrum next season.
i would like to get nsekhe on the ps, like the colts did. him on the ps plus noteboom, havenstein and jackson at t. - done.
allen and shelton at c - done.
jackson, anchrum, bruss and the guy from the bears at g - done.

sure allen or shelton could be gone and the rams will pick up some guy on day three.
but jesus christ, its the same bs we went through after the first year we missed the playoffs under mcvay.
the world was ending: our oline, our oline...
next season the same crew was back at being a top 5 oline, because THEY WERE ALL INJURED THAT YEAR  BEFORE!

they need edge and corner.

Edited by Rrrrrrrams

On 1/22/2023 at 8:22 AM, LeotheLion said:

This is where I take issue with anyone that just blames injuries as the reason the season went south. The line was fully healthy for the Bills game and was a complete disaster. Sure the Bills have a good front but we went into the season with the expectations that we'd be competitive with teams in the Bills class and we clearly were not. 

I'm not sure if that's bad play/players or that was their first real action. I'm hoping that McVay gives the starting OL more snaps and more work in camp/preseason game. I still want to draft an IOL or two and maybe a tackle if the right one is there but I'm thinking the Bills game was more due to McVay and his preseason habits. 

9 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm not sure if that's bad play/players or that was their first real action. I'm hoping that McVay gives the starting OL more snaps and more work in camp/preseason game. I still want to draft an IOL or two and maybe a tackle if the right one is there but I'm thinking the Bills game was more due to McVay and his preseason habits. 

There's probably some of that + the Bills DL at that point with Von was a real force. I just cannot get by the idea that the OL's only issues this year was injuries.

If we went into next year with: Jackson, Bruss/Edwards/Anchrum, Allen, Shelton, Havenstein - that can work. None of those players are anything worse than mediocre, there's just not really a high end talent. I'm not as smart as the people that will make the decisions but next season is basically riding on McVay/the front office being certain that the OL won't ruin the entire offense. Injuries or not, they have to get it right. A new OL coach is probably a good start at the very least. Ideally keeping Brown and building off the rushing success will also take pressure off them to always win in must pass situations. 

• Like 2