LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

• 2 weeks later...

The Rams should have gained the Cardinals as a division rival back in 1988 when the latter team first played in the Phoenix area, as part of a realignment that would have put the Steelers in the AFC East, the Chiefs and Colts in the AFC Central, the Buccaneers and Falcons in the NFC East, the Saints in the NFC Central, and the Cardinals and Cowboys in the NFC West.

Having the Cowboys as a division rival could have increased the exposure of the Rams in the late 80s-early 90s.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

This upcoming season I'll be doing a weekly show for DownTown Rams{DOWNTOWN RAMS NETWORK - YouTube} on their YouTube channel centering around sports betting. It will be focused on the best way to bet on the Rams games each week (sides, totals, player props, touchdown scorers) etc. It may not always be in the Rams favor, but the goal is to be profitable while watching our favorite team. I'm toying with names, but "Gamble RAMblings" comes to mind.

I'm also a handicapper for a site called Pickswise and have been featured on Sirius XM & NBC Sports Edge this past season. Check me out if you get the chance (@propHolliday)

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 1:41 PM, jrry32 said:

I already get way too mad watching the Rams play. I don't think adding money into the mix is a good idea for me. 😂

Imagine Cooper Kupp scoring two TDs....now imagine you bet $50 to win $300 because he scored two TDs. Compounding pleasure. 

23 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Imagine Cooper Kupp scoring two TDs....now imagine you bet $50 to win $300 because he scored two TDs. Compounding pleasure. 

As somebody who doesn't have state income tax because of gambling please by all means keep promoting it :D

• Like 1

So, most of us are familiar with the relative regularity of the guys that Les targets in the draft being guys brought in for visits, being Senior/Shrine Bowl invitees, etc.  Granted, I've also been convinced over the past couple years that other front offices are aware of this as well, and usually use it as an indicator as to whether they should try to trade in front of us for a particular prospect of mutual-liking (see Seattle trading above us to swoop Dewayne Eskridge in 2021).

TST compiled the running list of who all we've had in for visits thus far (I've added in, where I can - and I'll continue to update as I get time - the post-season games these guys participated in, if relevant):

Meeting 1: DL Desjuan Johnson / Toledo (Feb 24) - Shrine

Meeting 2: WR Jake Bobo / UCLA (Mar 3) - Ironically, the popular comp I've seen for him is BenSko

Meeting 3: OLB Nolan Smith / Georgia (Mar 3)

Meeting 4: WR Tank Dell / Alabama A&M (Mar 5)

Meeting 5: DL Elijah Green / NW Missouri State (Feb 13)

Meeting 6: DB Cory Trice / Purdue (Mar 9) - I have to think we're looking at him more as a safety than a CB, because he's a more natural zone coverage corner whose pretty legit in press, but his strength in man coverage at the next level is really going to be his ability to match up on TE's.

Meeting 7: QB Aiden O’Connell / Purdue (Mar 9) - Shrine

Meeting 8: TE Payne Durham / Purdue (Mar 10) - Senior Bowl

Meeting 9: K BT Potter / Clemson(Mar 14)

Meeting 10: DL Adetomiwa Adebawore / Northwestern (Mar 18) - Shrine/Senior Bowl

Meeting 11: TE Luke Schoonmaker / Michigan (Mar 18) - Shrine

Meeting 12: OLB Will McDonald IV / Iowa State (Mar 21) - Senior Bowl

Meeting 13: DL MJ Anderson / Iowa State (Mar 21)

Meeting 14: WR Trey Palmer / Nebraska (Mar 23) - Shrine

Meeting 15: DB Julius Brents / Kansas State (Combine) - Shrine

Meeting 16: QB Jaren Hall / BYU (Mar 24) - Shrine

Meeting 17: CB Carrington Valentine / Kentucky (Mar 26)

Recent Meetings:

Meeting 18: DB Anthony Kendall / Baldwin Wallace (Mar 27) - D3 guy, but his testing numbers are pretty dope, especially his jumps

Meeting 19: WR Tre Tucker / Maryland (Mar 28) - Senior Bowl

Meeting 20: WR Tyler Scott / Maryland (Mar 28) - I don't really care what the stop watches say,this dude flat out plays fast and has legit afterburners in pads.  Popular comps I've seen have ranged between TY Hilton and Tyler Lockett.

Meeting 21: IOL Grant Gibson / NC State (Mar 28)

Meeting 22: RB Izzy Abanikanda / Pittsburgh (Mar 29)

Meeting 23: IOL O’Cyrus Torrence / Florida (Mar 29) - Senior Bowl

Meeting 24: DL Calijah Kancey  / Pittsburgh (Mar 30)

Meeting 25: DB Cole Coleman / Elon (Apr 3)

Meeting 26: QB Clayton Tune / Baylor (Apr 4) - Senior Bowl

Meeting 27: TE Zack Kuntz / Old Dominion (Apr 4)

Meeting 28: OL Nick Saldiveri / Old Dominion (Apr 5) - Senior Bowl

Meeting 29: QB Jaren Hall / BYU (Apr 5) - Second Visit

Meeting 30: RB Kendre Miller / TCU (Apr 6)

Meeting 31: OL Tyler Beach / Wisconsin (Apr 7)

Meeting 32: OLB Derick Hall / Auburn (Apr 7) - Senior Bowl

Meeting 33: DL Darel Middleton / Bethel (Apr 7) - formerly at West Virginia

Meeting 34: S Aaron Maddox / Campbell (Apr 8) - double transfer from Southern Illinois and Colorado

Meeting 35: OL BJ Wilson / Quincy (Apr 9)

If I'm not mistaken the last couple of years that trend has lessened. Still a pretty good barometer but not quite as sure of a bet lately. That could be due to many factors though so it's hard to tell. Senior Bowl visits were almost a sure bet in the early years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

If I'm not mistaken the last couple of years that trend has lessened. Still a pretty good barometer but not quite as sure of a bet lately. That could be due to many factors though so it's hard to tell. Senior Bowl visits were almost a sure bet in the early years. 

Like I said, we became more than a little predictable.  The amount to which McVay and Les were gaga for Eskridge was written in a  giant neon sign.  By and large the last couple years, it's more been a case of a number of the guys we held SB and Shrine visits with were scooped up before we even had picks on the board.

Now, I have serious doubts that Les is going to efforts to try and meta-game and throw opposing war rooms off, but the programs that these guys are coming out of (the decent likelihood that we were looking at one guy from that program but then on further inspection of said guy determined we should probably be looking at one of his teammates on the same side of the ball) and the general type of player we've gone after, with respect to certain positions, they do seem to line up pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 4:58 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Hey Guys,

This upcoming season I'll be doing a weekly show for DownTown Rams{DOWNTOWN RAMS NETWORK - YouTube} on their YouTube channel centering around sports betting. It will be focused on the best way to bet on the Rams games each week (sides, totals, player props, touchdown scorers) etc. It may not always be in the Rams favor, but the goal is to be profitable while watching our favorite team. I'm toying with names, but "Gamble RAMblings" comes to mind.

I'm also a handicapper for a site called Pickswise and have been featured on Sirius XM & NBC Sports Edge this past season. Check me out if you get the chance (@propHolliday)

Happy for you brother I’ll be watching. Degens for life 

• Like 1

As frustrating of a draft as it was to watch with all of the trade downs, we did alright. The potential was there to do A LOT better, but I'll take it. 

Still think they abuse the art of trading down though. At some point, you have enough late picks that most likely won't amount to anything and need to get some difference makers. 

the rams have the worst edge starters and by far the worst corners.
durant is a nickle corner and with tomlinson now at nickel he must move to outside. great. not.
duant played one game on the outside. against the bengals ps in preseason week 3.
he was horrible.

but kendrick is waaaaaaaay worse. and rochell can't even pass kendrick.
no idea how these guys are suppose to stop a drive.

• 2 weeks later...