LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

If you want just change the X in x.com to twitter it'll link again until they update the software. 

And it's conditional picks we get a 6th give up a 7th. For now. 

Thanks I appreciate it! Still not popping up as a tweet but y’all get it lol 

Wonder what it can turn into. Probably a 5 at best? 

We didn't have a game day thread for Colts (sad), but wanted to share some of my perspectives.

-Offense looks great when we run the ball.

-Defense is an edge rusher away from being a legit problem. Hats off to Raheem Morris for what he's doing with this young group. Doesn't get enough credit.

-Matt Stafford needs MVP considerations. He's taken a rookie 4th rounder, a 2nd rounder many labeled as a bust, and Kyren Williams and turned them into a top 5 offense in the league. It's absurd. And yesterday his leadership playing through injury is just the stuff you want to see in your QB.

-Please go sign Carson Wentz. We can't run the risk of Brett Rypien being our backup if Stafford gets seriously injured. Not sure what's going on with Stetson Bennett but we need a guy who can move the football cause this defense without our points on the board could have issues.

We're 2-2, but should be 3-1. Eagles will likely be a loss, but then win against Cards puts us back at 3-3. Just stay in the hunt come December and a wild card spot is a real possiblity. 

Really good win. The 2nd half wasn't great but Stafford being hobbled really lost all the momentum. I was really impressed with the OL and the running game. I thought we had to sign a back but Rivers really impressed me in his role. Might be okay there. 

Stafford brought it this game. Was going to be on pace for a complete game before the injury. But his toughness carried us when we needed it. Great effort from him. The defense started letting up at the end but they certainly played well enough for us to win. I like that the secondary is playing more physical this year. The penalties are frustrating but I'd rather see chances taken than easy catches. 

It didn't cost us today, but I would be looking for another kicker. I just have never had confidence in Maher. 

58 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We're 2-2, but should be 3-1. Eagles will likely be a loss, but then win against Cards puts us back at 3-3. Just stay in the hunt come December and a wild card spot is a real possiblity. 

I agree but I think it was a huge advantage playing Steichen's Colts right before the Eagles game. Has to help at least a little bit with schemes and preparing for the QB run game. 

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I agree but I think it was a huge advantage playing Steichen's Colts right before the Eagles game. Has to help at least a little bit with schemes and preparing for the QB run game. 

I think the big criticism of Philly this season (if there even is one) was that they lack identity since Steichen left. Hurts is not running as between the 20's, they're more run dependent. I don't think its the same offense as last season.

43 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think the big criticism of Philly this season (if there even is one) was that they lack identity since Steichen left. Hurts is not running as between the 20's, they're more run dependent. I don't think its the same offense as last season.

That might be true. I was thinking more with how you rush and play coverage with a mobile guy that can extend plays. Because even yesterday, there were only maybe 5 QB runs. But where Richardson really took advantage was creating out of structure. Hurts isn't as good of a runner but the OL is significantly better. 

I thought before the season that 3-6 would be an okay mark before the bye. To think we have a shot to be 5-4 is incredible as our schedule really loosens up post-bye. 

• Like 1

The game should have been won easily but Mcvay decided to manage the game at the beginning of the 2nd half. Luckily for us, we won the game but it was almost a disaster. 

Positive point, Noteboom at LT and we finally saw Dotson played. The OL was good enough. Mcvay this time decide to call run ! Puka OMG another monster game ! Rivers had some pretty good run. Stafford, that guy is a warrior ! 

In defense, Young start to have impact. Hoecht, i don't know why in some play he's in man coverage or down the field... ?

The pass rush was a little bit better. 

maybe its time for a full time job for lake? he looks great and fuller is a free agent next year, so the rams will get nothing for him if they invest big time in free agents. maybe holmes is still in love with fuller. the lions lost a starting saftey, right?

i also think the rams will trade van jefferson. getting a seventh rounder in 2025 via trade is better than not getting that 5th comp pick the panthers would spend on him next offseason.

• Like 1