LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

9 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

@Rrrrrrrams is a wizard, confirmed!

It’s a shame he didn’t quite work out. There was definitely some excitement about him since he was drafted and it just never really turned into anything. Wish him the best. I’d compare his time as a Ran about the same as Reynolds 

Frank Clark to the Rams would make sense. Especially after the injury to Bobby Brown. If we’d only have to pay about 800k for him the rest of this season and only give up a late rounder then I don’t know how this doesn’t get done 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Frank Clark to the Rams would make sense. Especially after the injury to Bobby Brown. If we’d only have to pay about 800k for him the rest of this season and only give up a late rounder then I don’t know how this doesn’t get done 

I think at this point we need to realize the Rams arent going to possibly make these types of moves bc its not part of their plan. I was listening to 11 personnel podcast and Jourdain Rodriguez said how the Rams are trading players like Van for late round picks to compensate for knowing they wont get comp picks bc they are going to be aggressive in FA the next two offseasons. So they want to get those late round picks still in other ways if they know they wont get them via compensatory. So why would they trade a late round pick for Clark if they know they arent going to get a comp pick and they lose a late pick that they clearly want to have?

And I know we are are frustrated the Rams didnt go trade for Gregory and now Clark could be had but again after listening to the podcast I realize its by design. Unless the Rams go after a big name like Burns or Young which will move the needle bigger for now and long term then I just dont see us giving up late round picks for players like Clark. 

Frustrating game yesterday. Big losers are Maher and Kendrick. Stafford close behind. This was a game we had in hand prior to that idiotic pick. 

Kendrick gives up a huge play a game that leads to a TD. I don't know why we haven't given someone else a shot. It was inexcusable to at least not make a tackle on Johnson there. And Maher has to be done. I don't know why we signed him in the first place but we cannot have him losing us another game. 

The refs sucked yesterday. The PI call bothers me more than the spot. Pittsburgh was physical all day with our WRs and they decided that Witherspoon's slight nudge rose to the level of PI? Absolutely insane ending. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Frustrating game yesterday. Big losers are Maher and Kendrick. Stafford close behind. This was a game we had in hand prior to that idiotic pick. 

Kendrick gives up a huge play a game that leads to a TD. I don't know why we haven't given someone else a shot. It was inexcusable to at least not make a tackle on Johnson there. And Maher has to be done. I don't know why we signed him in the first place but we cannot have him losing us another game. 

The refs sucked yesterday. The PI call bothers me more than the spot. Pittsburgh was physical all day with our WRs and they decided that Witherspoon's slight nudge rose to the level of PI? Absolutely insane ending. 

The pick didnt cost the Rams the game. The Rams led 9-3 at halftime. After the pick the Rams actually led 17-10 with the ball marching in the 4th quarter. Maher freaking MAHER is what cost the Rams this game. The refs just Coupe de grace "the final blow" the Rams with that bad 4th and 1 call at the end. 

As I always say, dont leave the game in the hands of the refs. The league can always hide behind that and the refs get away squeaky clean. 

And I think the spot of the ball bothered me more than the PI just bc I do think PI calls are inconsistent just like holding calls are. OL can hold all the time and its just if the refs feel like throwing the flag they do. No reason for them to get that spot call wrong when you have replay. And some situations shouldnt require a challenge flag. They review TDs automatically. Review spotting the ball if you arent sure. Its just like baseball with check swings. The back umpire always look to the side umpires to see if the batter went around or not. No excuses for the NFL to get spot calls wrong. 

The only positive things that came away from this game was Henderson and Freeman looked good running the ball and the NFC as a whole stayed the same. The Rams are in the 8th spot only bc the Bucs had their BYE last week so they are up by 1/2 in the loss column. But they all have the same amount of wins. So the Rams remain in the thick of the wildcard race and still have to play the Seahawks again, the Saints, the Commanders, the Packers, and the Giants. All those teams will be battling for those wildcard spots. So the Rams still can control if they want to play in the playoffs or not. 

36 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The pick didnt cost the Rams the game. The Rams led 9-3 at halftime. After the pick the Rams actually led 17-10 with the ball marching in the 4th quarter. Maher freaking MAHER is what cost the Rams this game. The refs just Coupe de grace "the final blow" the Rams with that bad 4th and 1 call at the end. 

The Rams had all the momentum before the pick. It was the first play out of the half, we could have built off the previous drive and take a commanding 2 score lead. The pick energized the Steelers team/fans and put us in a hole. Sure we ended up taking the lead at some point but I think it is fair to say in a game we lost by 7 that Stafford is to blame when he directly gave up 7. This has been an issue with Stafford and Goff before that. There are games where we really just need to not give up short fields on turnovers and we likely win. And they fail spectacularly at that. 

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The Rams had all the momentum before the pick. It was the first play out of the half, we could have built off the previous drive and take a commanding 2 score lead. The pick energized the Steelers team/fans and put us in a hole. Sure we ended up taking the lead at some point but I think it is fair to say in a game we lost by 7 that Stafford is to blame when he directly gave up 7. This has been an issue with Stafford and Goff before that. There are games where we really just need to not give up short fields on turnovers and we likely win. And they fail spectacularly at that. 

We also could have gone three and out. Truth is, TJ Watt taketh and giveth - he had a pick that set up their TD, then next drive lined up offsides that saved our drive  and it resulted in a TD, and a larger lead.

Then our defense got a stop and we drove down the field.

Just looking at the sequence - even despite the INT, we had all the momentum there. Higbee's drop  I believe was on that drive and was probably the single  biggest miss of any Ram yesterday.

I get wanting to blame Maher, but his two misses (extra point was missed sure but then we got the 2 pt conversion) were both 50+ yards. Tough to consistently rely on 50 yard FGs from any kicker.

I also don't like blaming the defense much in these types of games, just from an expectations standpoint. We have a lot more money in the offense, therefore our team is structured for the offense to perform better. Three of those guys that are paid - Kupp, Stafford and Higbee - all played poorly at times in the game. Higbee's drop IMO ended up being the biggest issue though.

Or said another way, we should expect Kendricks to give up some plays and miss some tackles - and we should expect Higbee and Kupp to catch wide open passes.

24 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

We also could have gone three and out. Truth is, TJ Watt taketh and giveth - he had a pick that set up their TD, then next drive lined up offsides that saved our drive  and it resulted in a TD, and a larger lead.

Then our defense got a stop and we drove down the field.

Just looking at the sequence - even despite the INT, we had all the momentum there. Higbee's drop  I believe was on that drive and was probably the single  biggest miss of any Ram yesterday.

I get wanting to blame Maher, but his two misses (extra point was missed sure but then we got the 2 pt conversion) were both 50+ yards. Tough to consistently rely on 50 yard FGs from any kicker.

I also don't like blaming the defense much in these types of games, just from an expectations standpoint. We have a lot more money in the offense, therefore our team is structured for the offense to perform better. Three of those guys that are paid - Kupp, Stafford and Higbee - all played poorly at times in the game. Higbee's drop IMO ended up being the biggest issue though.

Or said another way, we should expect Kendricks to give up some plays and miss some tackles - and we should expect Higbee and Kupp to catch wide open passes.

The offense was certainly more responsible for the loss yesterday. My issue with Kendrick is why not try someone else. He has killed us the horrible PI in the 49ers game, the PI and explosive pass play AJ Brown against the Eagles, and the explosive play against Johnson. At some point, when you keep screwing up the same thing over and over it becomes inexcusable to leave them out there. 

It wasn't just the missed kicks, they got great field position due to those misses and scored 10 points off of it. I think we do win if Maher just makes 1 FG. Which an NFL kicker should go 50% from that range. But what bothers me the most about his misses is you can tell it was in his head for the 2nd missed FG. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The offense was certainly more responsible for the loss yesterday. My issue with Kendrick is why not try someone else. He has killed us the horrible PI in the 49ers game, the PI and explosive pass play AJ Brown against the Eagles, and the explosive play against Johnson. At some point, when you keep screwing up the same thing over and over it becomes inexcusable to leave them out there. 

It wasn't just the missed kicks, they got great field position due to those misses and scored 10 points off of it. I think we do win if Maher just makes 1 FG. Which an NFL kicker should go 50% from that range. But what bothers me the most about his misses is you can tell it was in his head for the 2nd missed FG. 

Well the PIs were mostly a terrible defensive play call. We know that Kendrick is a decent player right now - certainly not great - and yet we left him one on one with Deebo and AJ Brown in situations where we need to play it safe to hold those teams to a FG?

Kendrick is everyone's whipping boy right now on ROD and I'm sick of it. His passer rating against is 76.8

He's allowing 5.0 yards per target which is damn near an elite number.

Completion % is 51.6 - again damn near elite.

He's a plus in run support.

I know the penalties are annoying, but overall he and Witherspoon have been amazing. Our team pass defense is incredible. We are tied for allowing the fewest pass TDs in the league, 4th in completion percentage allowed and good in most stats across the board, including 3rd down %, in that category.

I'm not saying he's arrived - but he is WELL on his way. When you factor in that we played the Seahawks, Niners and Bengals into that - and how difficult our schedule has been in general - it's truly amazing. I hate losing, and I hate losing games we should win - but part of the journey this year is seeing these young guys progress and people seem to be unjustifiably blinded  by Kendrick for some reason. I think he is our future CB2

EDIT: stats from pro football reference for the most part, but I have seen them substantiated other places as well

Edited by FrantikRam

5 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Well the PIs were mostly a terrible defensive play call. We know that Kendrick is a decent player right now - certainly not great - and yet we left him one on one with Deebo and AJ Brown in situations where we need to play it safe to hold those teams to a FG?

Kendrick is everyone's whipping boy right now on ROD and I'm sick of it. His passer rating against is 76.8

He's allowing 5.0 yards per target which is damn near an elite number.

Completion % is 51.6 - again damn near elite.

He's a plus in run support.

I know the penalties are annoying, but overall he and Witherspoon have been amazing. Our team pass defense is incredible. We are tied for allowing the fewest pass TDs in the league, 4th in completion percentage allowed and good in most stats across the board, including 3rd down %, in that category.

I'm not saying he's arrived - but he is WELL on his way. When you factor in that we played the Seahawks, Niners and Bengals into that - and how difficult our schedule has been in general - it's truly amazing. I hate losing, and I hate losing games we should win - but part of the journey this year is seeing these young guys progress and people seem to be unjustifiably blinded  by Kendrick for some reason. I think he is our future CB2

Annoying? They were a huge reason we lost 2 games this year. Any stats on Kendrick don't mean much to me as they don't factor in the penalties. What would his passer rating be if we added 2 passing TDs against him? Because he basically did give those up. 

He's not the biggest problem with the team or even the defense. But his issues pop up every week with no corrections. 

Edited by LeotheLion

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Annoying? They were a huge reason we lost 2 games this year. Any stats on Kendrick don't mean much to me as they don't factor in the penalties. What would his passer rating be if we added 2 passing TDs against him? Because he basically did give those up. 

He's not the biggest problem with the team or even the defense. But his issues pop up every week with no corrections. 

I mean, again, he never should have been covering those guys one on one in those situations. Even with those added as TDs though, that wouldn't change his near elite completion percentage allowed and the rating would still be above average