Mayhem Mafia - Game Over - Anarchy (Mafia) Wins!

Slappy Mc

37 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I barely even know what it is tbh. Not sure I even want to learn. 

"Not sure" is how we all start. You should give it a try. We have a lot of very seasoned players that can fill in any gaps. You probably wont regret joining, but you 100% will never know until you try. @JoshstraDaymus and @Daboyle are the other WFT forum regulars that can help you through your first game.

Going to invite these NFC East division rivals:
@DaBoys, @Jeezla, @Rtnldave, @WizardHawk, @D82
@Acgott, @Shockwave, @y*so*blu, @ny92mike
@Danger, @Nabbs4u, @TheRealMcCoy, @EaglesPeteC, @ninjapirate

This is an open invitation to you all to try your hand at mafia. Some of us are already eliminated from the playoffs (WFT and NYG), and the other two will most likely be in at least one playoff game. In the meantime, I say you all join up and get out some of your friendly NFC East Rival aggression in a game of Who Dun It.

Anyone that is interested, need only say "sign me up". If anyone needs an explanation of mafia basics, just ask. Look forward to having any of you participate.

49 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Going to invite these NFC East division rivals:
@DaBoys, @Jeezla, @Rtnldave, @WizardHawk, @D82
@Acgott, @Shockwave, @y*so*blu, @ny92mike
@Danger, @Nabbs4u, @TheRealMcCoy, @EaglesPeteC, @ninjapirate

This is an open invitation to you all to try your hand at mafia. Some of us are already eliminated from the playoffs (WFT and NYG), and the other two will most likely be in at least one playoff game. In the meantime, I say you all join up and get out some of your friendly NFC East Rival aggression in a game of Who Dun It.

Anyone that is interested, need only say "sign me up". If anyone needs an explanation of mafia basics, just ask. Look forward to having any of you participate.

Never participated in this.  Could you tell me about it?

18 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Never participated in this.  Could you tell me about it?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

Basic Rules

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Eliminate; they are trying to get rid of the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are eliminated. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.

During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly all members will send in their moves via PM to me so that I can process the nights results. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone, in addition to other potential happenings.

The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are gone, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

This version is a modified version of basic mafia. This version is what is defined as "Role Madness" which basically amounts to everyone having some sort or role/ability. Hosts will do this sometimes to increase the likelihood that players will be active.

If you decided to join, please feel free to ask questions from everyone up until the start of the game.

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

This version is a modified version of basic mafia. This version is what is defined as "Role Madness" which basically amounts to everyone having some sort or role/ability. Hosts will do this sometimes to increase the likelihood that players will be active.

If you decided to join, please feel free to ask questions from everyone up until the start of the game.

Thanks...

How long does it take to run it from start to end?  Also when are you looking to start this one up?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thanks...

How long does it take to run it from start to end?  Also when are you looking to start this one up?

I expect this game to last approximately a week. (give or take a few days) I will pass out roles, when all of the spots have been filled up, then I will announce day 1 has started in the thread. I am hoping to have the last spots filled by the end of this weekend.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:
20 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Thanks...

I expect this game to last approximately a week. (give or take a few days) I will pass out roles, when all of the spots have been filled up, then I will announce day 1 has started in the thread. I am hoping to have the last spots filled by the end of this weekend.

Also, an elaboration on how a typical day goes. Days usually last 24 hours. For the purpose of this game, I live on the West Coast, the daytime period will end each day at 6pm PST. At the end of the day time, the player with the most votes for elimination will be "lynched" and their role/alignment will be revealed to the participants. Each nighttime will be a maximum of 1 hour and the "night write-up" will be posted with the nights results. The following day will begin after that. This happens until a win condition is met for one of the alignments.

If I just tag everyone that is online, maybe I can fill this up.

@BullsandBroncos @BgDawg @MSURacerDT55 @Thomas5737 @Reginaldm9 @Calamity_Cometh @Canadian Saint @djw4bucs @FinSting @SMashMouthMike @MarkPrice25 @SemperFeist @catcheryea @1ForTheThumb @arKnaD7 @gridirongorilla @BobbyPhil1781@beekay414 @Chops013

There are only a few spots left, can I tempt any of you into playing Mafia with us?