? Week Nine: Buccaneers (2-5) @ Saints (5-2)

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Good read. To me this is more reason why we need better coaching. Jameis will always try to be the hero and risk taker he is, but the mechanics is coaching. I would argue the QB coach is probably the most important position coach right now and idk if Bajakein is all that good. I've had and friends have had position coaches in sports, it's amazing the improvement when you have a good one. I think we need a better QB coach. 

11 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Good read. To me this is more reason why we need better coaching. Jameis will always try to be the hero and risk taker he is, but the mechanics is coaching. I would argue the QB coach is probably the most important position coach right now and idk if Bajakein is all that good. I've had and friends have had position coaches in sports, it's amazing the improvement when you have a good one. I think we need a better QB coach. 

You can blame coaching but at the same time winston needs to take the time to work on his mechanics on his own time in the offseason. Remember with the CBA players get less time with coaches. 

Also he's had these mechanics since high school and through college. It's very difficult to change them 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

You can blame coaching but at the same time winston needs to take the time to work on his mechanics on his own time in the offseason. Remember with the CBA players get less time with coaches. 

Also he's had these mechanics since high school and through college. It's very difficult to change them 

He has been working on his mechanics. His throwing motion has changed a little bit but its just one of those things where he needs to be working on it every off-season.

I just want to see if the defense can play well on the road. They seem to drop an egg every time we go to the visiting team.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Why do we not design more plays to get Jameis moving around? 

He also has the ninth best passer rating in the first quarter.

I don't know why we don't roll him out more often. All that is from him scrambling and making plays.

41 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't get it. I don't see much difference between McClain and Smith. Might as well see what we have with Smith.

Word. Ryan Smith showed some impressive recovery speed last week and had a good game. I would rather see VG3 and Smith heading forward so we have an idea what we need to pick in the draft. Grimes is probably done after this year, so Bucs will have to go CB round 2 or 3 regardless.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

He has been working on his mechanics. His throwing motion has changed a little bit but its just one of those things where he needs to be working on it every off-season.

I just want to see if the defense can play well on the road. They seem to drop an egg every time we go to the visiting team.

Right so we can't continue to  blame coaching if he's working on it and it's not clicking. 

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Right so we can't continue to  blame coaching if he's working on it and it's not clicking. 

I never really blamed coaching really. This 2-5 season really is at fault of #3 and this pathetic at times defense. The Giants and Bills game were his best games every other game he was either average or below average in. I've seen reports of Winston in the off-season of him putting in work but that doesn't mean much if you don't put that work to test on Sunday.

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He also has the ninth best passer rating in the first quarter.

I don't know why we don't roll him out more often. All that is from him scrambling and making plays.

Or why we make them play slow from the beginning.  We have seen the few times we go no huddle we are much better and get in rhythm quicker.  I understand you can only do it when we are moving the chains or the defense tires out faster but when not come out and see what happens, can't go any worse than it has been in the 1st quarter. 

Archived