? Week Nine: Buccaneers (2-5) @ Saints (5-2)

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I understand what you are writing,  but 3rd and 2 this team is passing.  Dallas same down and distance will do either.  There so confident in their ability to run, they ll go for it on 4th down.   I do believe there is a self scouting problem.  Martin looks cooked and Sims cannot run the ball, yet these two guys have been the main stays for 2 years.  

The next regime has to make the running game respectable. 

I think a bit part of that should be replacing Donovan Smith and letting both Evan Smith and Pamphile walk. 

D Smith sucks. Plain and simple. Pamphile is an excellent utility guy. But if he's not gonna settle for a reasonable contract (and why should he?), he can test FA and get paid. Evan Smith is just a guy. And we have plenty of those.

Bring in a couple guys who can push people around. I don't care if that's through the draft or FA. I haven't checked to see who's gonna be available in either yet. But it looks like we're pass blocking when we run the ball. And nobody can run behind that.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting that Philly, Dallas, Houston,  and LA are 3rd, 2nd, 4th, and 5th in average rushing yards/gm.  The Bucs are 29th this season and 24th last season.  I just can't over state how important it is for an offense to run the ball will make the passing game so much better.  This is one of the main reasons Licht and Koetter will be gone and Jameis will be your starting QB next season.

But DIrk does not shy away from the run game

We came out the first few drives running more than passing. Almost every time our backs got blown up at the line of scrimmage.

I have been saying this for a week now.

7 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

But DIrk does not shy away from the run game

We came out the first few drives running more than passing. Almost every time our backs got blown up at the line of scrimmage.

I have been saying this for a week now.

he came out with Doug Martin with no success. Barber comes in and looks competent.  Players?  Scheme?  He has stayed faithful to Martin being the starter since he got here.  Was it blind loyalty? As we all know RBs have a short shelf and fall off a cliff quick.  Did that happen to Martin 2 years ago.

Archived