2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

me neither but like... has williams played center at any level? thought he was a tackle in college...

Not anywhere that I can find. definitely concerning, my only thought is, he must be showing some aptitude for it, for Miami to move him in from of Dieter and not even kick the tires on Tretter. That's the glass half full take anyway... 

Hopefully they have it figured out before the season starts unlike that clown show last year. Flores was just terrible with that side of the ball coaching/administratively. 

• 4 weeks later...

I switched to Xfinity this summer so this will be the first season since 2006 that I will not have Directv Sunday ticket, it's going to be a killer the first Sunday that I cannot watch the Miami game. I would guess I have missed watching less than a half dozen Dolphin games the last 15 years so this will be a tough season on me those weeks I cannot watch the game. I hear DirecTV may lose the Sunday Ticket in 2023 and it go to Amazon or another carrier I sure hope so.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:21 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

I switched to Xfinity this summer so this will be the first season since 2006 that I will not have Directv Sunday ticket, it's going to be a killer the first Sunday that I cannot watch the Miami game. I would guess I have missed watching less than a half dozen Dolphin games the last 15 years so this will be a tough season on me those weeks I cannot watch the game. I hear DirecTV may lose the Sunday Ticket in 2023 and it go to Amazon or another carrier I sure hope so.

It's unfortunate, but I've had to stream Fins games for a few years now.  They are never shown in my area and I refuse to purchase DirecTV.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:27 AM, Tetsujin said:

Just because 

Gesicki is a beast in the passing game, but I dont see him ever being able to display it in Miami.  Sure he flashes with a dynamic catch just about every other game or so, but he's capable of Kelce type numbers with the right QB and OC.  IMO he doesn't have a future in Miami because of scheme, QB, and price tag.  For that reason, I hope we can trade him for a 2nd rounder (doubtful) or even a 3rd, before he walks in 2023.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb from Tua to Hill hitting him in stride... yea its training camp, but far better than the video of the pass Hill had to wait on and reason to be optimistic. I was banging the drum big time last season to just get a line that can give Tua some time to get the ball out. Not saying that has been proven but there is reason to be optimistic.

Hill thus far has been a great team addition, I know some get tired of him hyping Tua, but I think the confidence displayed by Hill definitely matters to Tua and the team. 

The AFC is an absolute beast this year. If Miami was in the NFC anything less than a wildcard would be a let down. So I will not let whether or not they make it to the playoffs be the deciding factor of success, unless Tua is the obvious reason they are left out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb from Tua to Hill hitting him in stride... yea its training camp, but far better than the video of the pass Hill had to wait on and reason to be optimistic. I was banging the drum big time last season to just get a line that can give Tua some time to get the ball out. Not saying that has been proven but there is reason to be optimistic.

Hill thus far has been a great team addition, I know some get tired of him hyping Tua, but I think the confidence displayed by Hill definitely matters to Tua and the team. 

The AFC is an absolute beast this year. If Miami was in the NFC anything less than a wildcard would be a let down. So I will not let whether or not they make it to the playoffs be the deciding factor of success, unless Tua is the obvious reason they are left out. 

Not gonna lie, the TC videos of Tua and Tyreek have got me hot and bothered.  I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a season to start.

I'm really digging the reports on 4th rounder Erik Ezukanma.  Seems like he has the #4 WR job almost wrapped up.  UDFA Braylon Sanders is apparently making it a tough decision on who to keep in that WR room as well.

But I would have to say that easily the most surprising guy that is showing out is Skylar Thompson, the 7th round QB we took out of Kansas State.  Dude looks like he belongs and I never thought I'd write that about him.

18 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm really digging the reports on 4th rounder Erik Ezukanma.  Seems like he has the #4 WR job almost wrapped up.  UDFA Braylon Sanders is apparently making it a tough decision on who to keep in that WR room as well.

But I would have to say that easily the most surprising guy that is showing out is Skylar Thompson, the 7th round QB we took out of Kansas State.  Dude looks like he belongs and I never thought I'd write that about him.

Loving this as well, "Eazy E" as he is referred to in camp, (baller nickname), was a gamer in college, played his senior year without a legit starting QB or he would not have lasted till the 4th round. 

Thompson I hope they keep on the roster as well. I think he can develop and maybe be trade bait at some point.  

On 8/8/2022 at 11:42 AM, Phinsesq said:

Loving this as well, "Eazy E" as he is referred to in camp, (baller nickname), was a gamer in college, played his senior year without a legit starting QB or he would not have lasted till the 4th round. 

Thompson I hope they keep on the roster as well. I think he can develop and maybe be trade bait at some point.  

Watching Thompson in the Tampa Bay preseason game.  Nothing flashy but he’s made some solid throws in the first half.  I think he will be on the final 53 with the intent that he will be Tua’s backup in 2023.

OLine hasn’t looked as good as I hoped.  No Williams and no Armstead so hopefully it looks 100% better when they are on the field.  Dieter looks bad.       Eichenberg spent half his snaps at LG on the ground, and Solomon Kindley looked better IMO.

Eguaveon is having a rough game.  Missed tackles and bad angles.  Duke Reily has looked suprisingly functional, he’s getting into his coverage drops on time and has tackled well so far.  Igby is done…..he’s getting wrecked by 3rd stringers at this point.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cut on Monday.

The absence of Hunter Long has been suspicious.  I don't think he even made an appearance in the game until sometime in the 3rd quarter.  My bust radar is on full alert now.  In a game where backups were highly featured, Hunter Long was invisible except for a missed block or two.  With Gesicki on the Franchise tag and Shaheen nearly moved to Dallas for almost nothing Long has a huge opportunity to show he is the future at TE, but he is vanishing.

Long and Eichenberg were both head scratching draft picks and now they are both head scratching players.  If they don't show up in a significant way this season, then my mind will be made up.

Edited by Swampbilly