2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

That Jones news is brutal.  Fins play the Bills and the Bengals in those first 4 weeks and the CB play will be crucial.  I was quite impressed with Crossen in the preseason, but I would really like to see another CB brought in via trade.  Somebody must be willing to trade a solid CB for Gesicki?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Bowden, VM3, Gustin, Diesch, Scarlett, Goode, and Kindley. The 3 rookies could make the PS.

I think Kindley and especially Gustin could start for several teams around the league.  I don't know why we brought in Trey Flowers because Gustin was performing well, and Flowers has to cost more.

15 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

They absolutely should grab this kid. 

Totally agree.  His college Line Coach is our Line Coach, and he would be an upgrade over Deiter IMO, maybe even be a capable starter should Williams be injured or have to move to LG.  I love the idea of Williams and Armstead playing next to each other, that would definitely help our run game, although Eichenberg has shown improvement throughout preseason.

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I think Kindley and especially Gustin could start for several teams around the league.  I don't know why we brought in Trey Flowers because Gustin was performing well, and Flowers has to cost more.

Totally agree.  His college Line Coach is our Line Coach, and he would be an upgrade over Deiter IMO, maybe even be a capable starter should Williams be injured or have to move to LG.  I love the idea of Williams and Armstead playing next to each other, that would definitely help our run game, although Eichenberg has shown improvement throughout preseason.

exactly my thoughts and if they don't try and get him that also tells me all I need to know. We currently have 5 TE's on the roster, I  would gladly let Carter or Connor go for him. 

• Like 1

Pretty wild to see 5 WR's and 5 TE's make the cut, eh?

OTOH, at least 2 of those TE's have cross-trained with the FB position because Ingold can't be out there 24-7 after all. 

The mix-n-match of these position groups is so interesting. Seek out the weakest coverage LB and make them pay, every time. 

On 8/31/2022 at 7:07 PM, FinSting said:

Pretty wild to see 5 WR's and 5 TE's make the cut, eh?

OTOH, at least 2 of those TE's have cross-trained with the FB position because Ingold can't be out there 24-7 after all. 

The mix-n-match of these position groups is so interesting. Seek out the weakest coverage LB and make them pay, every time. 

Going to be interesting to see what happens with Shaheen.  Looks like he is on the Injured Reserve list for now, but I can't believe we would roster 6 TE's and only 5 WR's.  Although Gesicki is more of a WR/TE hybrid I suppose, and as you mentioned a couple of the TE's have reps at the FB spot.

8 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

We signed UDFA C James Empey to the PS. I always had him in my mocks in Day 3.

CB Justin Bethel from the Patriots is signed to the 53.

Clayton F to IR.

To nobody’s surprise, LBJr is signed by NE.

I'm good with Empey, over Lindstrom since Miami has Lindstroms Oline coach on staff and they didn't make a play for him when he was released by Dallas. I will trust the "experts". 

4 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

I'm good with Empey, over Lindstrom since Miami has Lindstroms Oline coach on staff and they didn't make a play for him when he was released by Dallas. I will trust the "experts". 

Yeah, it's quite telling when his collegiate OL coach isn't banging the table for him.  

• Like 1