2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

1 hour ago, Phinsesq said:

Vance Joseph intrigues me. Guy can coach defenses and we have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Hopefully he would be better at hiring offensive assistants. Not my first choice but he could win me over. 

I want nothing to do with Vance Joseph... under-performed as DC here and already failed as a HC once before.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I want nothing to do with Vance Joseph... under-performed as DC here and already failed as a HC once before.

He was fine as a DC here, IMO.  That defensive roster that year was abysmal, outside of Suh and Wake.  But I was not impressed with him as a HC at all.  

It’s amazing how much we as fans DONT hear during the season. 
The entire year I thought it was Ross and Grier pushing the Watson narrative. I

It’s very clear the Flores had some pretty poor communication issues. After last season, offensive coordinators should have been lining up to take over this team. Instead we got no one even wanting it. Word spreads in the NFL. Head coaches are CEO’s not managers. 
turnover, whether it be at a company or professional sports team, is not good for sustained success. Flores can coach no doubt, but sounds like he was an ******* and no one wanted to work with him. 
If Tua wasn’t Flo’s choice, I would love to know who chose A. Jackson and Iggy. 
I, like most, was shocked about the firing, but the stuff coming out seems like Flo had it coming. 

Peterson and Harbaugh could attract good assts which is what we have lacked. 

I’d be concerned with Bienemy and K. Moore. They have elite talent through their offenses and who can they bring with them as coordinators?

I will need to see the coach/OC/DC to determine which guys miami retains.  

5 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

It’s amazing how much we as fans DONT hear during the season. 
The entire year I thought it was Ross and Grier pushing the Watson narrative. I

It’s very clear the Flores had some pretty poor communication issues. After last season, offensive coordinators should have been lining up to take over this team. Instead we got no one even wanting it. Word spreads in the NFL. Head coaches are CEO’s not managers. 
turnover, whether it be at a company or professional sports team, is not good for sustained success. Flores can coach no doubt, but sounds like he was an ******* and no one wanted to work with him. 
If Tua wasn’t Flo’s choice, I would love to know who chose A. Jackson and Iggy. 
I, like most, was shocked about the firing, but the stuff coming out seems like Flo had it coming. 

Peterson and Harbaugh could attract good assts which is what we have lacked. 

I’d be concerned with Bienemy and K. Moore. They have elite talent through their offenses and who can they bring with them as coordinators?

I will need to see the coach/OC/DC to determine which guys miami retains.  

If true, he did learn from Belichick, Belichick love it or hate it, kind of has that license though, through years of success. Maybe he adjusts his style some. 

I’d rather we go with an experienced HC (Harbaugh, Pederson, Caldwell) but if we’re going first time HC give me McDaniel. I am not sold on Daboll at all. Not a fan of guys getting propped up by franchise QBs, call it Adam Gase PTSD

27 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Dolphins reportedly requested an interview with Rams running backs coach Thomas Brown....

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/1/14/22884007/miami-dolphins-request-interview-with-los-angeles-rams-running-backs-coach-thomas-brown

This is exactly the kind of thing that scares me. 

Not even an OC.  That's quite the stretch.

Was OC for Mark Richt at the U from 2016-18 but yeah.. i guess they are going really outside the box

Edit: Looking into him, you can definitely see he is a leader and a player's coach. He has been compared to Tomlin in that regard. He looks to be HC materiaI but I feel like it may be a few seasons too early. He is assistant HC tho so I'm sure he does more than just deal with RB in LA

Edited by Emerica

Interesting considering literally 4 days ago Ross said the HC would have input/decide what they do at QB. Ross often puts his foot in his mouth when talking publicly so I assume this was another one of those occasions.

I feel like a lot of jobs will be hanging in the balance depending on Tua's next season.

• Like 1

These reports coming out that the “entire organization was in on Watson” is to interpretation.

If Flores went to Grier and said “Tua sucks and I can only win with Watson”, and Grier allowed Flores to make personnel decisions, that’s Grier trying to accommodate Flores.  Grier is passive, which is one of his flaws.  

I do wonder if that 2020 draft was/is the wedge that divided the organization.  

If Grier made that call on Tua, A. Jackson and Iggy, did Flores lose faith in Grier?  Or was it the other way around where Grier allowed Flores to pick “his guys” and the fact 2/3 have been complete busts, did Grier lose faith in Flores ability to assess talent?  

Either way, the majority of defensive picks, besides Iggy, have developed really well.  Only Robert Hunt has shown promise on the offensive side of the ball.  It’s very clear Flores had not hired an offensive staff that can develop talent.

• Like 1