2022 Offseason Thread

Emerica

3 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

These reports coming out that the “entire organization was in on Watson” is to interpretation.

If Flores went to Grier and said “Tua sucks and I can only win with Watson”, and Grier allowed Flores to make personnel decisions, that’s Grier trying to accommodate Flores.  Grier is passive, which is one of his flaws.  

I do wonder if that 2020 draft was/is the wedge that divided the organization.  

If Grier made that call on Tua, A. Jackson and Iggy, did Flores lose faith in Grier?  Or was it the other way around where Grier allowed Flores to pick “his guys” and the fact 2/3 have been complete busts, did Grier lose faith in Flores ability to assess talent?  

Either way, the majority of defensive picks, besides Iggy, have developed really well.  Only Robert Hunt has shown promise on the offensive side of the ball.  It’s very clear Flores had not hired an offensive staff that can develop talent.

Waddle?

My mock from the PFN Simulator.

The assumption is Miami signed 2 good OTs in free agency.

026. WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas 

O50. RB Isaiah Spiller, TA&M

099. OC Alec Lindstrom, BC

118. RB Zonavon Knight, NC State

122. CB Tariq Castro-Fields, CB

157. OT Obinna Eze, TCU

179. ED Tyreke Smith, Ohio St

201. S Bubba Bolden, Miami

223. RS/WR Britain Covey, Utah

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

157. OT Obinna Eze, TCU

If we did sign 2 good OTs in FA then that would be an awesome draft.

I'm keeping an eye on Ravens UFA Center Bradley Bozeman.  He is PFF's 11th ranked player last year at the Center position (73.3 ovr, 73.8 pass, 70.8 run, 1125 snaps).  That is a significant upgrade over Dieter IMO (ranked 29th, 60.6 ovr, 57.2 pass, 61.7 run 546 snaps).  Played with Tua at Alabama in 2017, fits the size requirement at 6'5" 320 lbs.

Bradley Bozeman Highlights 2021 Baltimore Ravens - Bing video

LT Orlando Brown Jr UFA / LG Liam Eichenberg / C Bradley Bozeman UFA / RG Robert Hunt / RT Trent Brown UFA or Morgan Moses UFA

Add Treylon Burks at WR and Isaiah Spiller at RB and our Offense could be vastly upgraded for 2022

Edited by Swampbilly

On 1/19/2022 at 8:51 PM, Tetsujin said:

157. OT Obinna Eze, TCU

Overall pretty good draft, I just really don’t like Spiller though, Walker, Hall, and Allgeier, are the guys I prefer with Allgeier being my favorite, he’ll even Jerome Ford, something about Spiller just doesn’t seem right. Also instead of taking 2 RB’s I would like to see us take a ILB or EDGE player with either one of those picks. If Linderbaum is there at 26 and Drake London is gone I would rather have the Center and take Christian Watson later.

I have a feeling we will end up with Vance Joseph as our HC, no one else will want to coach for this owner, at least the defense is already built for his style, and it would be interesting to see what he can fro with Holland, Howard, The Jones’s and the pass rush we have with Ogbah, Phillips, Baker, Seiler, hopefully a new EDGE rookie/FA, hell even the safety’s we’re getting some nice blitzes in This season Just trying to find the silver lining 

31 minutes ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Also instead of taking 2 RB’s I would like to see us take a ILB or EDGE player with either one of those picks. 

I didn’t like any EDGE or ILB available at that pick and thought we needed more of a RB overhaul. I really like Z. Knight.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Overall pretty good draft, I just really don’t like Spiller though, Walker, Hall, and Allgeier, are the guys I prefer with Allgeier being my favorite, he’ll even Jerome Ford, something about Spiller just doesn’t seem right. Also instead of taking 2 RB’s I would like to see us take a ILB or EDGE player with either one of those picks. If Linderbaum is there at 26 and Drake London is gone I would rather have the Center and take Christian Watson later.

I feel you on Spiller.  He has zero juice.  Great size and good vision, but I don't like his game at the NFL level.  

15 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I didn’t like any EDGE or ILB available at that pick and thought we needed more of a RB overhaul. I really like Z. Knight.

Honestly, we only need to add 1 RB if we bring back Duke.  He showed quite well in his short time.  Keep Gaskin around as the designated 3rd down back.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I take Allgeier over Spiller every time.  I like Allgeier.  

His physicality is truly great but I feel like his speed and agility to make cuts an explode out of said cuts is vastly underestimated. When you watch the highlights there’s no one who can catch him an it seems like he gets faster the further he runs, the gap literally gets further as the run goes on not shorter. Everytime I watch his game tape I’m in awe of his running style and blend of physicality and quickness/speed. He’s a very elusive Bowling ball.