How are those Rookies Doing? Mid-Season Edition

Chiefer

Chris Godwin started three games for us this year; twice for an injured DJax and once for Evans' suspension. In those games he put up some pretty good numbers.

15 receptions for 277 yards and one touchdown.

He barely saw the field on offense at the beginning of the year, playing mostly special teams. But he's been a badass since we started giving him opportunities on offense.

8 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

Pretty aggressive posts, and without any cause (in this thread). Someone strike a nerve? Sensitive much? Insecure? ;)

Nope just speak the truth. Haven't seen a decent rebuttal to Juju being better than Kamara despite a terrible thread on "Juju being better". Try again though you're almost there lol

7 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

Pretty aggressive posts, and without any cause (in this thread). Someone strike a nerve? Sensitive much? Insecure? ;)

...I feel like I could ask you the same thing. No one called you, tagged you, or anything. I'm just here posting my opinion. I would take Kamara all day over Juju. I'm sorry if my post hurt your feelings, but you see this is how a forum works. People post things and sometimes it doesn't align with how you feel. Don't worry, buddy. I'm sure there are people who feel the same way as you.

Now you go run along and have fun. OK, champ?

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Chris Godwin started three games for us this year; twice for an injured DJax and once for Evans' suspension. In those games he put up some pretty good numbers.

15 receptions for 277 yards and one touchdown.

He barely saw the field on offense at the beginning of the year, playing mostly special teams. But he's been a badass since we started giving him opportunities on offense.

Loved him coming out...really wanted the niners to take him in round 3. I am going to assume that Jackson is gone next year...I think you guys will be just fine promoting him up to the other starting receiver. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Loved him coming out...really wanted the niners to take him in round 3. I am going to assume that Jackson is gone next year...I think you guys will be just fine promoting him up to the other starting receiver. 

I assumed we were replacing Koetter before a couple days ago. So I also figured we were trading DJax. Now I think we keep him around. And I don't know what we'll do.

1 minute ago, RedRider said:

I’m just here reaping the fruit. Seeing all the Saints fans in a fuss about JuJu’s ability and people clamoring over a non-Saints rookie is delicious. B|

Who's fussing about Juju's ability? I know I haven't. The only thing I have implied is that Kamara is the more talented player. That takes nothing away from Juju. Juju is a heck of a receiver who only seems to be getting better. Not sure what you guys are going on about.

8 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

...I feel like I could ask you the same thing. No one called you, tagged you, or anything. I'm just here posting my opinion. I would take Kamara all day over Juju. I'm sorry if my post hurt your feelings, but you see this is how a forum works. People post things and sometimes it doesn't align with how you feel. Don't worry, buddy. I'm sure there are people who feel the same way as you.

Now you go run along and have fun. OK, champ?

Just odd that those JuJu remarks were made and without being provoked (in this thread). Definitely seemed like praise of another rookie got under ya’lls skin.

Just now, RuralBill said:

seemed like praise of another rookie got under ya’lls skin.

I literally saw someone say Kamara > Juju and I agreed. People talk about rookies all the time in this thread without Saints fans screaming "KAMARA IS BETTER". Someone mentioned Juju and you came running.

Are you sure you are not talking about yourself? Chill out dude. Maybe log off for a few. Go for a walk.

Potential could be one of the greatest offensive draft classes. Kamara, Cook, Fournette, Hunt, McCaffery, (Jones/Williams combo from packers) all playing great as Rb's. Wr's Ju-Ju Smith, Te- Howard had an ok year. Watson played great. Any rookie OL playing great??

Raiders top 3 rookies:

1)Gareon Conley CB - Played in two games all year with a nagging shin injury. 

2) Obi Melifonwu CB/S - IRd to start the season. Came back and was active for 3 games, seeing minimal snaps before getting IRd again.

3) Eddie Vanderdoes DT - Started all 16 games. Showed occasional flashes here and there but mostly was the definition of JAG. Tore his ACL in the final game today

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Raiders top 3 rookies:

1)Gareon Conley CB - Played in two games all year with a nagging shin injury. 

2) Obi Melifonwu CB/S - IRd to start the season. Came back and was active for 3 games, seeing minimal snaps before getting IRd again.

3) Eddie Vanderdoes DT - Started all 16 games. Showed occasional flashes here and there but mostly was the definition of JAG. Tore his ACL in the final game today

That's pretty brutal. At least it'll be like you get multiple first and second round picks for next year? 

25 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

Potential could be one of the greatest offensive draft classes. Kamara, Cook, Fournette, Hunt, McCaffery, (Jones/Williams combo from packers) all playing great as Rb's. Wr's Ju-Ju Smith, Te- Howard had an ok year. Watson played great. Any rookie OL playing great??

IDK that I'd list Cam Robinson as great, but he was pretty damn impressive this year, especially prior to his ankle injury. Whenever he's been out it's taken a large toll on the OL.

The upside of Cam's is pretty damn high I feel like. He's clearly still relatively raw/can get much bigger up top. The sky is the limit for him really. 

3 hours ago, hoekd0250 said:

Ryan Ramcyzk looks like he will be a very good starter for years to come for the Saints 

Garrett Bolles OT- well. He’s been pedestrian in the running game and has treadmarks on his chest from getting steam rolled in the passing game. Yet, probably our 2nd best OL behind Paradis. Wouldn’t mind moving him to RT if a better LT is available.

Demarcus Walker DE/DT/OLB- so he’s an OLB who’s been in active quite a bit. Personally I think he’d be better bulking and play DE. Nothing to show for. 

Carlos Henderson WR- IR. Disappointing because we could’ve used a guy with his athletic ability in the slot.

Jake Butt TE- IR. Could surprise next year.

Deangelo Henderson RB- Shined in our last game. Didn’t play at all otherwise. Keeper.

Chad Kelly QB- QBOTF ??

Archived