Josh Gordon is back

sdrawkcab321

At what point is it time to start talking contract extension with Gordon?  If he continues to improve and show he is what he was 3-4 years ago.  The contract would need serious offset language about his troubled passed and the guarantee couldn't be too high but I think they need to retain talent that is currently on the team.

1 minute ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

At what point is it time to start talking contract extension with Gordon?  If he continues to improve and show he is what he was 3-4 years ago.  The contract would need serious offset language about his troubled passed and the guarantee couldn't be too high but I think they need to retain talent that is currently on the team.

After 2019-2020.

He's under contract for next season and we can tag him after that if they can't agree on a deal.

He's got a lot to prove before he gets an extension, like staying sober for a month.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

After 2019-2020.

He's under contract for next season and we can tag him after that if they can't agree on a deal.

He's got a lot to prove before he gets an extension, like staying sober for a month.

I'm more concerned that Josh will mess up during the offseason, without these routines/fail-safes in place. If he can get through an entire off-season clean/without incident, I'll be a touch more optimistic going forward.

I WANT to believe him, but right now I don't/can't. He's got to prove it over a long period of time.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm more concerned that Josh will mess up during the offseason, without these routines/fail-safes in place. If he can get through an entire off-season clean/without incident, I'll be a touch more optimistic going forward.

I WANT to believe him, but right now I don't/can't. He's got to prove it over a long period of time.

Agreed.

He's under contract for another year so we've got plenty of time to see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

After 2019-2020.

I completely understand.  But hasn't he been sober since his last positive test?  Hasn't he been getting tested regularly since then? Like more often than once a week?

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He has pretty much all along and if he is telling the truth about being high before each game the tests weren't working the vast majority of the time

I guess it depends on how much intent they have on catching you cheat it.  I had a friend through high school and into our early twenties who I used to piss in unlubricated condoms and he would tape them to his thigh to keep them warm.  That was what he used while he was on probation.  15ish years later and he died from a heroine overdose.  I guess in retrospect I should have told him to piss for himself.

In the military they watch the pee leave your body and into the cup.  There really isn't cheating the system here.

I see 31 defensive coordinators hoping he falls of the wagon.

The idea that he could have Darnold or Rosen throwing to him has to cause many sleepless nights to every head coach in are conference.especially sense we will play a last place schedule next year

Archived