Josh Gordon is back

sdrawkcab321

Just now, buno67 said:

Lots of different routes? I call BS. Gordon is a very below avg route runner. 

Only good thing from this is I hope the browns release Britt to make room if they do keep him

I didn't say he was a good route runner. I said he made big plays from lots of different routes. I never said he ran those routes well. He is such a supperior athlete that he doesn't need to run them as well as other WR's

Also in 2013 there was a lot more to his game than speed, he was also so strong and physical dbs could not do anything with him.  He breasted at contested catches, breaking tackles, etc.  just speed is ted ginn.  Gordon in 13 was not ted ginn.

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

man he's Josh Gordon

He came in one preseason game after getting off the couch and was the best player on the field in Tampa Bay

Yeah if NFL players are the top 1% athletically then Josh is in the top 1% of that 1%. This guy is a superior athlete 

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah if NFL players are the top 1% athletically then Josh is in the top 1% of that 1%. This guy is a superior athlete 

Yeah I think control has a lot to do with success. If you are gifted enough that you don't have to give everything you've got every play just to keep up at the NFL level then it allows you to play at the speed you are comfortable with while still being under control. Gordon played with a lot of that.

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

man he's Josh Gordon

He came in one preseason game after getting off the couch and was the best player on the field in Tampa Bay

Ok that was a preseason but what about in ‘14 when he was a non impact?

its like everyone is so blind about the good he did in the past they forgot about his bad. With how good and how big of an impact he made in ‘13, he was the opposite in ‘14. 

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

Lots of different routes? I call BS. Gordon is a very below avg route runner. 

Only good thing from this is I hope the browns release Britt to make room if they do keep him

He's an average route runner

12 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Rarely.  Yes there were drops, that were not on him.  However had you been keeping up you would realize there is a lot more to accuracy that completion percentage and drops.  Kizer may well be the worst in the league in that regard.

I've watched every single snap of this guy's season, he is no where as inaccurate as you say he is, also do you know that its more to inaccuracy than the QB throwing the ball? No one on this forum knows what Hue is instructing him to do, it looks to me like he wants Kizer to throw to areas and not the actual receiver, any person who knows football know that is what pro Quarterbacks do, if he throws to a spot or area, and the receiver is not there or late getting there, what is the QB supposed to do? Of course for those who don't know the game, it comes off like he's (lets all say it together) inaccurate.

8 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent post but one of the biggest helps he will is in the run game with 9 man fronts facing the run game.

Ding ding ding, winner!!!!!, you beat me to it bro, this is the #1 remedy for our running game, this is the cure all for all of the 8 and 9 man boxes. This is what killed the Patriots when we played them, they though they could do that to us and got burned for 80 on a simple slant. We now have a legit chess piece that teams will have to respect

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Ok that was a preseason but what about in ‘14 when he was a non impact?

its like everyone is so blind about the good he did in the past they forgot about his bad. With how good and how big of an impact he made in ‘13, he was the opposite in ‘14. 

his bad 5 game stretch where he still had 300 yards?
you hate the guy, we get it

Archived