Josh Gordon is back

sdrawkcab321

15 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

The team being sour on him and being true to their word that they have "moved on" from him.

This would be another boon to firing Hue; it was Hue who said all that crap about moving on from Josh Gordon.  Gordon needed help and the team bailed on him.  I understand it from a professional standpoint, but Gordon didn't rape anyone or fund a dog fighting ring; he had a substance abuse problem.  Heck, he wasn't even juicing like many of the stars in the game.  There was likely some coach speak in there, but I remember it--just reviewed it again--and it was on the cold side for my taste.  I would love for a new coach to embrace Josh Gordon's comeback with some closed door conversations about needing 100% commitment for Josh and believing in him.  We have Julio Jones with a substance abuse problem.  I'm rooting for the guy and want him back.  If he can turn his life around, his is the kind of jersey I'd love to have.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

This would be another boon to firing Hue; it was Hue who said all that crap about moving on from Josh Gordon.  Gordon needed help and the team bailed on him.  I understand it from a professional standpoint, but Gordon didn't rape anyone or fund a dog fighting ring; he had a substance abuse problem.  Heck, he wasn't even juicing like many of the stars in the game.  There was likely some coach speak in there, but I remember it--just reviewed it again--and it was on the cold side for my taste.  I would love for a new coach to embrace Josh Gordon's comeback with some closed door conversations about needing 100% commitment for Josh and believing in him.  We have Julio Jones with a substance abuse problem.  I'm rooting for the guy and want him back.  If he can turn his life around, his is the kind of jersey I'd love to have.

They were only cold after he blew... what?  his 3rd or 4th second chance?  He obviously did not want help at the time.  I can't blame the statement what so ever.  Until he proves me wrong, I will never believe that he is serious about getting help and reforming his life and career.  He has completely squandered all benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Good JG is better than good JJ>. 

he is faster, more fluid and tracks the ball better. JJ never had 100 yards in 14 games. 

actullay he did in 2015 he had 116 ypg. but 14 games straight in that year he wouldn't of had it. 

Less TD's though. and way worse YPR

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Few coaches in the league have a better reputation of connecting with their players than Hue. What Hue said may have been cold, but it was due and not unwarranted. If Gordon has become as woke to his situation as his YouTube videos claim, he'll understand that.

I have no doubts if the front office wants to keep Gordon, Hue will motivate him to play.

9 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

They were only cold after he blew... what?  his 3rd or 4th second chance?  He obviously did not want help at the time.  I can't blame the statement what so ever.  Until he proves me wrong, I will never believe that he is serious about getting help and reforming his life and career.  He has completely squandered all benefit of the doubt.

Fair points.  It's understandable how they were feeling at that time.

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Good JG is better than good JJ>. 

he is faster, more fluid and tracks the ball better. JJ never had 100 yards in 14 games. 

actullay he did in 2015 he had 116 ypg. but 14 games straight in that year he wouldn't of had it. 

Less TD's though. and way worse YPR

I love this.  Gordon IS phenomenal.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Few coaches in the league have a better reputation of connecting with their players than Hue. What Hue said may have been cold, but it was due and not unwarranted. If Gordon has become as woke to his situation as his YouTube videos claim, he'll understand that.

I have no doubts if the front office wants to keep Gordon, Hue will motivate him to play.

I hope all that motivator stuff is true about Hue.  That would be great if Hue can turn it around.  I've been vocal about my having lost trust in Hue, though I'd be completely happy if Hue was at the helm when the franchise turned around.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If Gordon plays he will be by far the greatest weapon we have. Unfortunately defenses know that too and we don't have a lot of great second options that he will create better matchups for but it will definitely be a plus for our pathetic offense.

Coleman might be back by then as well. If we just used our TE’s more as well

20 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Does this mean Britt gets cut tho?

I'm gonna jump in as an outside fan and say they should, because Kenny Britt is a bad influence wherever he goes and the last thing Josh Gordon needs is Kenny Britt around him.

47 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If Gordon plays he will be by far the greatest weapon we have. Unfortunately defenses know that too and we don't have a lot of great second options that he will create better matchups for but it will definitely be a plus for our pathetic offense.

As @hornbybrown said, add Coleman to the mix and they'll have the start of something.

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wasn’t it just a couple of months ago he posted something about throwing out all of his browns gear?

Archived