Week 9: Washington Redskins @ Seattle Seahawks

showtime

XNcFnSj.jpg

Huge game for both teams.  The Eagles look like they're starting to run away with the NFC East title, but both wild card spots are still up for grabs.  Being 3-5 would really damper the Redskins chances at one of those spots.  For the Seahawks, they are tied at 5-2 atop the NFC West with the Rams.

The running game for the Seahawks looks non-existent at this time and everything seems to be on Russell Wilson.  Wilson has been amazing, but I'm starting to worry that he has too much pressure on him.  Seems like he needs to play flawlessly for the Seahawks to win games.  On the flip side, the Seahawks defense has struggled at times this season and that was no different this past week vs the Houston Texans.  Luckily, I don't think Kirk Cousins will play anywhere close to the level Deshaun Watson played at.  I'm really expecting a Seahawks win and I'm really confident the defense will tighten up after their lackluster performance last week. 

Seahawks comfortably 24-10.

On 11/1/2017 at 7:20 PM, showtime said:

XNcFnSj.jpg

Huge game for both teams.  The Eagles look like they're starting to run away with the NFC East title, but both wild card spots are still up for grabs.  Being 3-5 would really damper the Redskins chances at one of those spots.  For the Seahawks, they are tied at 5-2 atop the NFC West with the Rams.

The running game for the Seahawks looks non-existent at this time and everything seems to be on Russell Wilson.  Wilson has been amazing, but I'm starting to worry that he has too much pressure on him.  Seems like he needs to play flawlessly for the Seahawks to win games.  On the flip side, the Seahawks defense has struggled at times this season and that was no different this past week vs the Houston Texans.  Luckily, I don't think Kirk Cousins will play anywhere close to the level Deshaun Watson played at.  I'm really expecting a Seahawks win and I'm really confident the defense will tighten up after their lackluster performance last week. 

Seahawks comfortably 24-10.

Our D is too vanilla and Kirk Cousins is too good of a QB to be held to 10 points. Even Ray Lewis in Inside the NFL said as much about the D. Cousins will lead the Skins to 20 - 23 points and we'll pull it out again by scoring 24. It was obvious Earl was hurt on the 72 yd bubble screen TD to Hopkins as he grabbed his hammy. Earl at 75% is better than most safeties but not in this case.  I hope we don't act like we're going to get Lacy going. Hand off just enough to allow play action to freeze a backer or DB and go to PRich. We're lucky Bill O'Brian (and Houston's OC) pulled a Bevell and handed off to Miller on that 3rd and 4. Allow Watson to run a read option there and we're 4-3. Otherwise, I loved the plays they installed for a rookie QB. All of the misdirection play fakes kept our D off balance. I was going to create a you tube but didn't have the time. I wish we could create more deception with RW. JD faking a jet sweep, a fake pass left and then come back on a corner route or something to Jimmy down the seam. Fuller torched Sherman on that 2nd TD with the misdirection. Hopkins as well. 

Back to the Skins. They beat themselves vs Philly when Cousins threw for 300 yds and 3 Td's. Momentum changed when they had Wentz on a 3rd down and 12 in Philly territory with momentum. He somehow escaped to get 14 yds and a 1st down which led to a TD. Did the same thing on a TD pass to Agholar. They were controlling up to that point. Same last week vs Dallas. Ready to go up 16-7 right before the half, they had a fg blocked that Dallas recovered and took it deep in Skins territory which led to a TD right before the half and a 14-13 Dallas lead. Huge swing.  The Skins appear to be a fragile squad but they'll play us tougher than 24-10 and are better than their 3-5 record. I hope I"m wrong but I see another 4th qtr nail biter.

Go Hawks!

24-13 Seahawks.

Seahawks are going to make an uncharacteristic score on the first couple of drives. The rain gets tighter, the Redskins start to force the pass, but sees the best pass rushing perfoance of this D in the year, Cousins gets picked off by Griffin on the last drive. 10-3 to the second half. Seahawks will get the ball quickly and score twice in the third quarter. Cousins will get a TD in 4th quarter.

McDougald will look good, McKissic will be our most utilized back. Our receiving corps will have another big game as a whole.

Archived