Chicago Blackhawks Thread...!

coors

If there already is a Blackhawks Thread, I must have missed it. Couldn't find it.

So, my NHL allegiances lie with the 'hawks.. my family have been fans of the Blackhawks for generations. I'm from Atlanta, and I was a fan of the Thrashers when the team was still in Atlanta and before they moved.. it was hard for me to follow them when they switched cities, especially when they switched to a city that was so far away and I couldn't relate to at all. My mom's side of the family all live here in Chicago, and I myself have lived here in Chicago since June of 2015.. so because of my family ties, the Blackhawks went from "my families team" to my team full time in 2015. I wouldn't consider myself a bandwagon fan.. I'd still be following them even if they weren't a really solid franchise who has won multi Stanley Cups over the last few years.

I'm a bit nervous about this season.. I'm still upset that they traded Panarin to CBJ.. The Bread Man had been an absolute STUD for the Hawks and easily is becoming a young superstar. I understand that they got Saad back in return as part of the package.. but Saad was traded away from the Hawks before I moved up here to Chicago, so I am not familiar with him as much as I had been familiar with Panarin. I personally would rather have had Panarin.. but there are A LOT of Blackhawks fans up here that do not agree with me.. they had no problem getting rid of Panarin and bringing Saad back. It's still early in the new season.. but I definitely miss Panarin. I'm hoping Saad shows why all these Chicagoians are happy with that move. 

Hawks are 5-5-2 going into tonight.. it is still way early on in the season, I think they will end up with roughly 40 wins.. maybe 3-5 seed going into the playoffs. Interested to see how this year plays out.

Do we have many fellow Blackhawks fans here on FF?

• 1 month later...

Archived