QB Brock Osweiler to start for Broncos

SteelKing728

On 11/2/2017 at 10:06 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I worry way more about Brock facing Philadelphia then I ever did Siemian. Osweiler has proven he can play / win in this Offense and with these same players every bit as much if not more then Trevor. What he did as a Texan last year means nothing to me. Different Offense.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they try to implement a quick passing attack like the Giants did vs the Eagles to limit their Pass Rush and avoid negative plays. Especially if Sanders is back ! Only question is whether or not the Eagles can force TO's and continue to limit the Run? If not this game might surprise people.

Just like the Giants did in Denver a few weeks back.

I don't think any NFL system can make Osweiler better than Siemian. Osweiler's lack of accuracy, footwork, mechanics (release is too slow), and inability under pressure go beyond what any system can ameliorate or fix. So it's a waste of time to play Brock in my opinion. What he did on the Texans does matter because he was given enough to work with and he flamed out worse than Hoyer usually does.

If the Broncos try to implement a quick passing attack against the Eagles, they'll fail because Osweiler isn't accurate enough to run such a system. Even at his worst, Trevor is still consistently more accurate and anticipatory than Brock in any short passing attack. Osweiler can't take advantage of Sanders like he couldn't take advantage of Houston's weapons. 

Brock Osweiler is an older, less talented Deshone Kizer. The Eagles will have no trouble stymieing any system the Broncos put Osweiler in because Osweiler sucks.

1 hour ago, celestial said:

Brock Osweiler is an older, less talented Deshone Kizer. The Eagles will have no trouble stymieing any system the Broncos put Osweiler in because Osweiler sucks.

Look I hope that's the case but still have a weird feeling about this game. All he has to do is manage the game, not try to win it on his back. Something he's actually done in the past. Any given Sunday still applies IMO. That's all.

Just as I thought, anyone that thinks it is smart to start Osweiler over Siemian is clueless. Even though Siemian has definitely struggled this year, he gives the Broncos a WAY better chance than Osweiler does.  Guy is absolute trash.

Archived