BDL 2021 Bizzbowl Championship - #7 Berlin Blitzkrieg vs #6 Death Valley Nightmare

Whicker

2021 Bizz Bowl  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2021 at 05:00 AM

not voting yet, but one thing i notice instantly is with DV only rushing four early, it is leaving Crosby or Burns in coverage (zone and/or man)

However, i do like the double moves against a single high.  Wish there was more Knox with Edmunds struggling in coverage this season

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

not voting yet, but one thing i notice instantly is with DV only rushing four early, it is leaving Crosby or Burns in coverage (zone and/or man)

However, i do like the double moves against a single high.  Wish there was more Knox with Edmunds struggling in coverage this season

Good point about the linebacker. I think ideally (i believe I did not specify this in the gameplan) that coverage LB would cover a shallow zone, but still coverage.

Edited by wwhickok

First I'd like to say congrats to @Ragnarokand @wwhickok for making it to the championship.   

As for the game, I spent last night trying to figure out how DV could win this matchup.  Poor play this weekend will lead to poor execution of the gameplan.  So then it comes down to are their players good enough to overcome poor execution against a Berlin team that is going to be executing well.  

The conclusion i have made is that with a weaker roster, poor gameplan execution, and the pressure of the big game, this game ultimately snowballs on DV and Berlin coasts to a 24-9 Bizzbowl victory 

(Top notch writeups from both teams, I might need to copy those for next season 🤔)

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Not sure if this was pointed out, but it's a different Micheal Carter.

Yeah I realized that after the fact. I hadn't realized there were 2 of them but as suggested in a response to someone (don't remember who without looking) my approach to the run game for Jones, Foreman, etc would simply be applied to Carter. 

• Like 1

Much respect to both owners and their accomplishments this season. I voted for Berlin in what will be a very close game in my opinion. I like their plan against Kamara and I think they are a team that did get hot at the end like others had said beating the #1 #2 and #3 seeds their last three games played. Both gameplans had their pluses and minuses. Injuries and covid as well as mental health issues affect this game. I think if DV had Henry and Ridley we might be looking at a different result gameplan execution pending of course. I think it’s a field goal deciding type of match.