Rams Vikings

Flounch

Stafford played his worst game but the Rams still won impressively. The scoreboard doesnt indicated how well the Rams played. The running game was dominant, Kupp was Kupp, the defense bent but didnt break outside of that one drive in the 4th where the Vikings were down by 2 tds and marched down the field easily and scored. The special teams was special with Gay continuing to be amazing and the punt return for the td that changed the game. 

Stafford has to be better but Im not concerned. He is a gamer. I only was frustrated by the first int where he avoided the sack and threw the pick. The second int was where he was trying to push the ball down the field and the third int was a tipped pick which happens and nearly happens to all QBs if the defender can hold on to the ball. But Stafford wasnt sharp today. He missed easy throws too and took some dangerous chances trying to fit balls into tight coverage. Im definitely not going to let McVay off the hook bc he shouldve ran the ball even more seeing that Michel literally was dominating. 

All in all the Rams got the job done. Impressive by what this team has been through in the past three weeks with two practices, uncertainty of guys going and coming off the covid list to play literally the day of the game and then to be on a short week and travel to a crazy environment to face a team that is playing for their playoff lives in the early game to still win thats impressive. Now the Rams are in sole 1st place and if they win next week and the Cards lose next week the Rams clinch the division. Who wouldve thought that three weeks ago?

Outstanding game from most everybody but Stafford. He was brought in so the team didn't have these kind of games from the QB and that's what his 4th or 5th of the year? Absolutely unacceptable.

Game balls to Sony, Brandon Powell, Morris and his entire defense, Carberry and his OL especially with UDFA rookie Alaric Jackson stepping in for his first real game experience at LT just an amazing effort from the young man.

• Like 1

Excellent win IMO. Our offensive line depth is insane at the moment, not to mention the o line coach. If Stafford stops BSing around and the STs is consistent, the Rams are no doubt the most dangerous team in football. 

Watching Hendo get his first carry of the game and basically get stretched out on the field like road kill solidifies my faith in Michel even more. Pairing him with a healthy Akers seems almost unfair at the moment. 

This forum is dead… pretty sad. 

This was a great team win with the exception of Stafford. He had a really bad game and we can’t afford to have him play like this when we’re in the playoffs—or even the games leading up to them for that matter. Feels like every time we’re backed up to our own 20 or more, he throws a pick or a throw that should be a pick. Very concerning. On the other hand, feels like once he gets it passed the 50 he’s golden. 
Defense played a great game for the 4th game in a row. Morris has deservedly gotten a lot of flack throughout the year, but this D seems to be hitting its stride right at the perfect time.

My god was it nice to see that punt return TD. Powell had earned that job even before today but today should solidify him in that role.

Michel keeps on rolling which is making us a lot more balanced. Just seems like the offense plays better with him at the helm than Henderson—kinda similar to when we were gashing teams with CJ Anderson. 

Next two weeks are going to tell us a lot about this team. Baltimore is likely to have Jackson back next week and I’m sure they’ll be hungry after getting embarrassed today. And the Niners obviously always give us trouble—I hate that we end the season against them but it could be a HUGE confidence boost if we end the regular season with a win against a team that seems to be our kryptonite.

Go Rams!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

This forum is dead… pretty sad. 

This was a great team win with the exception of Stafford. He had a really bad game and we can’t afford to have him play like this when we’re in the playoffs—or even the games leading up to them for that matter. Feels like every time we’re backed up to our own 20 or more, he throws a pick or a throw that should be a pick. Very concerning. On the other hand, feels like once he gets it passed the 50 he’s golden. 
Defense played a great game for the 4th game in a row. Morris has deservedly gotten a lot of flack throughout the year, but this D seems to be hitting its stride right at the perfect time.

My god was it nice to see that punt return TD. Powell had earned that job even before today but today should solidify him in that role.

Michel keeps on rolling which is making us a lot more balanced. Just seems like the offense plays better with him at the helm than Henderson—kinda similar to when we were gashing teams with CJ Anderson. 

Next two weeks are going to tell us a lot about this team. Baltimore is likely to have Jackson back next week and I’m sure they’ll be hungry after getting embarrassed today. And the Niners obviously always give us trouble—I hate that we end the season against them but it could be a HUGE confidence boost if we end the regular season with a win against a team that seems to be our kryptonite.

Go Rams!

Like a lot of us I just don't participate much in this entire forum not just this sub.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Great win. Didn’t get a chance to see the game. 

The hell happened to stafford? Was he as bad as the stat line indicated? Also I’m sure Zimmer knows him too well and Zimmer is a top defensive coach but still, no excuse 

He might have been worse. He could have had 5-6 picks. It was a lot of really bad decisions and a lot of underthrows to OBJ. Was unlucky with 1 pick on a batted ball but the rest were tough to understand what he was thinking. 

• Like 1

Great win. I knew the Vikings would be tough but we let them stay in the game. Mcvay and Stafford have to be better if we want to go on a run in the playoffs. Both are too inconsistent right now and that's not going to fly in the postseason. If Mcvay sticks to the run game and Stafford learns that he can throw it away/check down, we'll be in great shape. I just don't see any of those things changing.

Defense has been amazing the last few weeks. I still don't see Morris making many adjustments at half, but he's coming into the games with better gameplans. Losing Ernest could be huge though so hopefully Howard is ready to step up. 

Also, OBJ has pretty much proven me wrong. In my defense, Woods was healthy at the time and the only thing I was questioning was his mindset but he's happy here and when he's happy, he's a stud. 

• Like 2