Week 9: Bills (5-2) @ Jets (3-5)

LeeEvans

I think we were all ready to start this thread right after the end of the game on Sunday so let's get it started!

All you need to know is right here:

9b2b56H.png

This is another huge game for the Bills and if we can make it to 6-2 we are in a really, really good position as we cross the halfway point of the season. I expect this to be a close game and that it will really be a fight for all four quarters. We'll see if Kelvin Benjamin plays at all and if the running game and Shady can keep up the momentum against a very strong Jets defensive line. I can't wait for kickoff and will be counting down the hours till then! 

Injuries:

Bills: 

• Gaines-Out
  • Clay-Out
  • Incognito- Practiced Wednesday 
  • Poyer- Practiced Wednesday

Jets:

Tbd

Per ESPN @ 6:PM Wed.

New York Jets

There are two key injury questions for Thursday against the Bills: defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson (foot/shoulder) and cornerback Morris Claiborne (foot), who are both listed as questionable. Wilkerson has a better chance of playing than Claiborne, who was hurt on last week and has yet to practice. It's a tough situation on a short week. He'd likely be replaced by Darryl Roberts. The Jets are hopeful that Wilkerson can play. He's coming off two good games despite not having practiced in a few weeks.

I also think this will be a close game. I got us winning, though by 4. Last time, we ran the ball down their throats, but I suspect, even with Shady running better lately,  they will still give up less yardage on the ground this time. If we see Benjamin, I expect it will be mostly on the last plays of each half...hail Mary-type stuff. I thought Wright had a good game last week, but don't believe that will continue either. McCown will get some yards on us, but I expect our D to bend not break...still, it makes me uneasy though.

Bills 24 (125 yds rushing, 205 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Jets 20 (85 yds rushing, 265 yds passing, 2 turnovers)

19 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Shady always seems to play well against the Jets... Even when they have had great defenses. McCoy is getting hot at the right time as well.

I saw a stat last night that the Jets are 27th in the league against the run, that is very good for us. 

49 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I saw a stat last night that the Jets are 27th in the league against the run, that is very good for us. 

If Wilkerson is out the watch out. Shady gonna have a big day... Even with him in there I still think Shady as a decent day.

Anyone else see the Jets dlinemen who said that McCoy isn't a superhero... He can be stopped. Really hope that Shady has a superhero TD celebration planned

9 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

If Wilkerson is out the watch out. Shady gonna have a big day... Even with him in there I still think Shady as a decent day.

Anyone else see the Jets dlinemen who said that McCoy isn't a superhero... He can be stopped. Really hope that Shady has a superhero TD celebration planned

Oh I'm sure Shady heard that, I wouldn't be surprised if he does just that. Still won't beat the Stevie Plax/Holmes celebration haha. 

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Let's win this boys! We win this we take the lead AFC East from the Patriots and move from #5 seed to the #1 or #2 depending on tie breaker with the Steelers

I'm going to go out this afternoon and attempt to track down some Blue for the game. I'm going all in tonight. 

I was listening to Joe B's podcast yesterday and have to agree with his prediction, I can def see Shady going for over 200 total yards tonight if Wilkerson is out. Shady always performs on primetime games + a weaker run D + a Jets defender giving him bulletin board material.

I'm thinking 28-16 Bills. Defense plays solid, Bills offense establishes the run and doesn't turn it over. If Mo Wilk and Clariborne are both out tonight that would be huge.

I unfortunately will be on a plane from Chicago to Rhode Island for a wedding and will miss the 1st hour.. Anyone know of anyway to watch a game up in the air? I'm going to buy Wi-Fi to at least track the game but don't think you can stream live TV up in the air.. sucks.

2 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I was listening to Joe B's podcast yesterday and have to agree with his prediction, I can def see Shady going for over 200 total yards tonight if Wilkerson is out. Shady always performs on primetime games + a weaker run D + a Jets defender giving him bulletin board material.

I'm thinking 28-16 Bills. Defense plays solid, Bills offense establishes the run and doesn't turn it over. If Mo Wilk and Clariborne are both out tonight that would be huge.

I unfortunately will be on a plane from Chicago to Rhode Island for a wedding and will miss the 1st hour.. Anyone know of anyway to watch a game up in the air? I'm going to buy Wi-Fi to at least track the game but don't think you can stream live TV up in the air.. sucks.

I don't think you will have a strong enough wifi signal to stream it even if you found a way. I'd recommend just listening to the audio on WGR, that way you can at least still follow along. 

3 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

What airline are you flying? Some of the new, bigger Delta planes have tvs on the back of the seats that have satellite tv so you can watch FOX, CBS, NBC, ESPN etc. And I wanna say NFL Network is on there as well. I flew from Seattle to Detroit last year on a Sunday and I was able to catch the games that were on National Broadcast.

Archived