Week 9: Bills (5-2) @ Jets (3-5)

LeeEvans

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Short week, division game and two fluky turnovers. I was expecting to lose one of the next two anyways, so if we win both of those then we’ll be aight. 

CANNOT however be sitting at 5-5 getting set to face KC and NE then we are toast. 

We'll be here next weekend like we always are. We ***** and moan but we're all Stockholm syndromed to this team and will support it till we die. For the record I guarantee we beat the Saints. 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Soooo 5-3, 1-1 in Division, 3-2 in conference, 4-0 at home, and the sky is falling rofl. Mad funny 

Not laughing, but not bitching. I still have faith in our staff. I love all the draft picks we have collected. I expect to see us improve. Thing is, I felt we needed this game, because I have no faith in us beating NO next week. Ten days won't fix what ails us vs. a team that actually has seen their D improve, an offense that finally added a rushing attack, and Brees, who throws a lot of quick timing passes that attack our main weakness on D - the LBers ability to cover. Were 5-4 after next week.

Mathews makes a garbage time score! Anyone got him on a fantasy team? Or...not. To the one yard line.

Just now, Yibbyl said:

Not laughing, but not bitching. I still have faith in our staff. I love all the draft picks we have collected. I expect to see us improve. Thing is, I felt we needed this game, because I have no faith in us beating NO next week. Ten days won't fix what ails us vs. a team that actually has seen their D improve, an offense that finally added a rushing attack, and Brees, who throws a lot of quick timing passes that attack our main weakness on D - the LBers ability to cover. Were 5-4 after next week.

Mathews makes a garbage time score! Anyone got him on a fantasy team? Or...not. To the one yard line.

I actually really think we beat the Saints. I think they're overrated and their defense is inflated by playing offenses that are terrible. I think we have a response and win and then we're back in that playoff hunt once again. I'm way more confident of beating the Saints than I was of winning tonight, I always predicted a tough game. 

7 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I actually really think we beat the Saints. I think they're overrated and their defense is inflated by playing offenses that are terrible. I think we have a response and win and then we're back in that playoff hunt once again. I'm way more confident of beating the Saints than I was of winning tonight, I always predicted a tough game. 

I expected a tough game too. In fact, I also mentioned that you never knew which Jets team would show up - the good or the bad. Well, there's no more guessing on that part now. All season, we have been giving up more yardage than we have gained. The turnovers have saved our butts. It's not realistic to expect that to continue and tonight, it didn't. The Saints offense is pretty complete now that they have decided to embrace the running game. We will give up the yardage, but unlike a lot of the teams we've faced so far, the Saints actually turn those yards into points. Again, I don't think we're getting that W.

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Really tonight show's we are way, way too talent deficient and it's honestly probably going to take more than just one draft and one FA class to fix that.

While it was a bad performance I don't agree with this assessment.  Our talented players struggled... White struggled, McCoy struggled, Glenn struggled, Hughes made mistakes. It was the rest of the guys that stepped up. Tyrod had tremendous game. Matthews, Zay, and Thompson all had good games. We have won 5 games at this point with a ton of draft picks. Think it's very possible to build with this group with addition of Benjamin and 5 draft picks in first 3 rounds

Archived