Week 9: Bills (5-2) @ Jets (3-5)

LeeEvans

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

While it was a bad performance I don't agree with this assessment.  Our talented players struggled... White struggled, McCoy struggled, Glenn struggled, Hughes made mistakes. It was the rest of the guys that stepped up. Tyrod had tremendous game. Matthews, Zay, and Thompson all had good games. We have won 5 games at this point with a ton of draft picks. Think it's very possible to build with this group with addition of Benjamin and 5 draft picks in first 3 rounds

I'm sorry but I just can't say Tyrod had a good game. He killed us with sacks and I would argue the majority were on him. The play calling hurt him but he could see and feel the pass rush and continued to take sacks. Not his fault but not something that makes me think he had a great game. Zay really gave me some faith in him going forward and I'm really happy for him. I'm still all on in on the process but this one is razor blades to every inch of skin.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm sorry but I just can't say Tyrod had a good game. He killed us with sacks and I would argue the majority were on him. The play calling hurt him but he could see and feel the pass rush and continued to take sacks. Not his fault but not something that makes me think he had a great game. Zay really gave me some faith in him going forward and I'm really happy for him. I'm still all on in on the process but this one is razor blades to every inch of skin.

Hope you are joking... He was one player who was making plays. I counted numerous times were he was running around and should have been sacked but made a play or threw it away. Literally every single linemen sucked. Every single one of them got blown up. I'm not biggest fan of Tyrod but tonight was probably the best game I've seen from him. Used his TEs, used his Recievers, led us in rushing. Dennison didn't adjust the game plan until late in 4th. Those passes Tyrod had at end were there all day but Dennison tried to run the ball and use play action even tho running the ball wasn't a threat. Play action with blocking non existent is a recipe for a ton of sacks. To be honest Tyrod should have been sacked 10 times. Just look at the very 1st play of the game for our offense... Dude came in unblocked.

He was 

29 for 40 285 Yards 2TDs 7.1 Avg 108.9 QB rating

6 rushes 35 yards 5.8 Avg 1 TD

4 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Hope you are joking... He was one player who was making plays. I counted numerous times were he was running around and should have been sacked but made a play or threw it away. Literally every single linemen sucked. Every single one of them got blown up. I'm not biggest fan of Tyrod but tonight was probably the best game I've seen from him. Used his TEs, used his Recievers, led us in rushing. Dennison didn't adjust the game plan until late in 4th. Those passes Tyrod had at end were there all day but Dennison tried to run the ball and use play action even tho running the ball wasn't a threat. Play action with blocking non existent is a recipe for a ton of sacks. To be honest Tyrod should have been sacked 10 times. Just look at the very 1st play of the game for our offense... Dude came in unblocked.

He was 

29 for 40 285 Yards 2TDs 7.1 Avg 108.9 QB rating

6 rushes 35 yards 5.8 Avg 1 TD

I'm absolutely blaming the lack of adjustment 1000 times more than I'm blaming Tyrod but in that first half he took sacks when he should have thrown the ball away and they were crushing. The offensive line was garbage, the play calling was awful and Tyrod was certainly better than both but good just wasn't the first word i came to. Maybe I'm just caught up in a blame everyone movement but I just thought he held the ball too long and too often but I'll have to look at it again. The result certainly wasn't his fault though.

9 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm absolutely blaming the lack of adjustment 1000 times more than I'm blaming Tyrod but in that first half he took sacks when he should have thrown the ball away and they were crushing. The offensive line was garbage, the play calling was awful and Tyrod was certainly better than both but good just wasn't the first word i came to. Maybe I'm just caught up in a blame everyone movement but I just thought he held the ball too long and too often but I'll have to look at it again. The result certainly wasn't his fault though.

I'm sure it seemed that way but it was all the play actions. They take a long time to develop. But they were so unnecessary... Adams was already playing as a 4th linebacker. So what's the point of a play action... The point is to bring the safety up and get themt trying to make a stop on a run play... But the issue was that Adams was already up  and committed to stopping the run so the play action literally did nothing but make a play longer to develop and allow the Jets to get into the backfield. Mayes was all alone all day long... When we had quick passes to Zay, Matthews, and Thompson that's when we were at our best. Play calling made no sense and the adjustment didn't come until 5 minutes left in the 4th when they were desperate.

I blame the offensive line, not Tyrod (for once). He didn't appear to take sacks to me. The play-calling was atrocious–no adjustments were made to neutralize or limit their pass-rush it seemed. Jordan Mills looked awful... again... I still don't understand why Dawkins isn't starting in his spot. The only bright spot was Zay Jones, and of course, he gets hurt. Poor guy.

The defense... ooof were they bad. We desperately need pass-rush help. We will definitely be eyeing some help there. Shaq Lawson has been very quiet and Hughes had a rough game. Shareece Wright might be one of the worst corners we've ever had. Please get someone else in there... let's hope EJ Gaines has had enough recovery time by next Sunday.

And most notably to me–WHY ARE WE USING TOLBERT SO MUCH?! I get so frustrated seeing him in for those short passes. We need a playmaker with more speed behind McCoy. Tolbert has his pluses but he's being used incorrectly. 

2 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I blame the offensive line, not Tyrod (for once). He didn't appear to take sacks to me. The play-calling was atrocious–no adjustments were made to neutralize or limit their pass-rush it seemed. Jordan Mills looked awful... again... I still don't understand why Dawkins isn't starting in his spot. The only bright spot was Zay Jones, and of course, he gets hurt. Poor guy.

The defense... ooof were they bad. We desperately need pass-rush help. We will definitely be eyeing some help there. Shaq Lawson has been very quiet and Hughes had a rough game. Shareece Wright might be one of the worst corners we've ever had. Please get someone else in there... let's hope EJ Gaines has had enough recovery time by next Sunday.

And most notably to me–WHY ARE WE USING TOLBERT SO MUCH?! I get so frustrated seeing him in for those short passes. We need a playmaker with more speed behind McCoy. Tolbert has his pluses but he's being used incorrectly. 

Completely agree about the lack of pass rushing. It was glaringly obvious and really let McCown just pick us apart. We were awful against the run but the pass rush was even worse. 

I think Tolbert was just there because Shady got dinged up. 

I'll take back my comments on Tyrod, I still think he took a handful of sacks that he maybe shouldn't have but like you and I said earlier the play calling and offensive line were much more the issue. I'm glad we have 10 days to face the Saints I think McDermott will have these guys ready to go and I really think we beat the Saints in Buffalo. 

On 11/3/2017 at 11:24 AM, LeeEvans said:

Reading this made my heart sink. 

Some things are destiny. Just purely meant to happen. For example. The Saints hot win streak is not sustainable. I think we are destined to drop one and I am predicting it happens next Sunday in Buffalo. The combination of unfamiliar road game with rowdy, passionate fans, Brees never quite being himself on the road (and playing a Buffalo D that will capitalize on the type of mistakes he makes on the road), and that the Saints are just "due" leads me to see the light. The streak ends in Buffalo.

4 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Some things are destiny. Just purely meant to happen. For example. The Saints hot win streak is not sustainable. I think we are destined to drop one and I am predicting it happens next Sunday in Buffalo. The combination of unfamiliar road game with rowdy, passionate fans, Brees never quite being himself on the road (and playing a Buffalo D that will capitalize on the type of mistakes he makes on the road), and that the Saints are just "due" leads me to see the light. The streak ends in Buffalo.

I feel pretty confident as well for some reason. I think McDermott is going to get into the guys and have them ready to play at home on 10 days rest. I think the Saints defense has been a little overhyped after playing three hugely dysfunctional offenses that past three weeks. I do think Brees is more than talented enough to slice our defense up if he is given time and our pass rush has been horrendous lately. I think it'll be a close one and could definitely go either way. I think the 10 days to prepare and home field advantage might be enough in our favor. 

I am way too over confident for the game against NO. Probably because I am going to the game.

But this is a recipe for a bounce back Bills win.

NO is on a 6 game winning streak meaning they are due for a loss.

Buffalo is undefeated at home.

The Saints defense has been over achieving and Tyrod gets Benjamin and Clay in the offense this week.

Bills are coming off a 10 days rest and know the season could slip away with a loss.

Early prediction: 
Bills 27
Saints 14.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am way too over confident for the game against NO. Probably because I am going to the game.

But this is a recipe for a bounce back Bills win.

NO is on a 6 game winning streak meaning they are due for a loss.

Buffalo is undefeated at home.

The Saints defense has been over achieving and Tyrod gets Benjamin and Clay in the offense this week.

Bills are coming off a 10 days rest and know the season could slip away with a loss.

Early prediction: 
Bills 27
Saints 14.

It's certainly going to be closer than that, but I do think the Saints will lose. We are due for a loss. The Bills are a really good home team, and the Saints haven't been tested by a QB that's scrambles like Taylor. I'm guessing it's like 26-20. 

7 hours ago, JMG5 said:

It's certainly going to be closer than that, but I do think the Saints will lose. We are due for a loss. The Bills are a really good home team, and the Saints haven't been tested by a QB that's scrambles like Taylor. I'm guessing it's like 26-20. 

So far, your prediction is the closest to what I am expecting, but:

Saints 24 (110 yds rushing, 260 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Bills 21 (115 yds rushing, 200 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Your guys' ability to run the ball now is worth more than those passing yards IMHO. I feel like we need a win here, but even on 10 days rest that offense is going to be just too much for us to overcome.

1 hour ago, Yibbyl said:

So far, your prediction is the closest to what I am expecting, but:

Saints 24 (110 yds rushing, 260 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Bills 21 (115 yds rushing, 200 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Your guys' ability to run the ball now is worth more than those passing yards IMHO. I feel like we need a win here, but even on 10 days rest that offense is going to be just too much for us to overcome.

You guys play a lot better at home. If this game was in New Orleans I would pick the Saints, but it's not.

Archived