Week 17 : Team without a Name but probably still contagious vs Eagles Rd 2

Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Top 10!? 

People are delusional. They just look at numbers and say things like this. Gannon’s scheme is essentially just let the other QB’s team win for free if they are even semi-competent. 

This defense isn’t remotely close to top 10. 

Just now, Wentz you dog you said:

I think the defensive talent is horrible. I am not one of those who blame it on Gannon when it's clear the talent is bleak on that side of the ball. They have won us numerous games this year but can't stop good offensive teams bc they don't have any favorable matchups

Gannon not being great and the defensive personnel being underwhelming can both be true.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm pretty sure our defense is middle of the pack in most analytics by like FootballOutsiders and stuff.

We've also faced a lot of bad QBs and teams without great RBs which helps us be like top 5 in YPC given up on the ground.

Yea but so does every other NFL team. They have been very good defensively against bad offensive teams. Which considering the talent level on that side, it's a win. Regardless the defense stinks. I agree with everyone there but I am not calling for Gannon to get fired

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Yea but so does every other NFL team. They have been very good defensively against bad offensive teams. Which considering the talent level on that side, it's a win. Regardless the defense stinks. I agree with everyone there but I am not calling for Gannon to get fired

Yeah I get it. I just don't like how passive Gannon is. He's been doing some more stuff as the season has gone on and the personnel isn't ideal, especially in coverage outside of Slay/Maddox like you said. I get where you're coming from, but we aren't a top 10 defense no matter what the stats say. We are somewhere in the middle of the league.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

The defense has average talent overall with good pieces scattered at important positions. The simple OBJECTIVE fact is that gannon has been completely shredded by absolutely ANY QB that can deliver an on time short pass. This isn't debatable.

So was Schwartz's defense... Can't keep cycling thru DC's. At some point it's a personnel problem 

Just now, Daimonas said:

The defense has average talent overall with good pieces scattered at important positions. The simple OBJECTIVE fact is that gannon has been completely shredded by absolutely ANY QB that can deliver an on time short pass. This isn't debatable.

The defense is more talented then people on this board want to say. Our DB’s are not bad and our DL is above average. Our LB’s are the only truly bad group on the defense. 

Gannon isn’t overachieving. His scheme destroys bad QB’s because that is what it is designed to do. He won’t adjust at all when a QB shows they can beat it. He sucks. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I get it. I just don't like how passive Gannon is. He's been doing some more stuff as the season has gone on and the personnel isn't ideal, especially in coverage outside of Slay/Maddox like you said. I get where you're coming from, but we aren't a top 10 defense no matter what the stats say. We aren't somewhere in the middle of the league.

I agree we are a Top 15-20 defense