Week 17 : Team without a Name but probably still contagious vs Eagles Rd 2

Nabbs4u

40 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And other NFL games. And NBA games have been postponed.  And NCAA basketball games. Yet they want to whine that the Eagles were singled out. 

Dense beyond belief. The NFL cares so much about safety that they have relaxed every single COVID procedure they have during the middle of the season simply to make it easier for players to get back. This includes vaccinated and unvaccinated players.

The point is you specifically came into our forum and said that we as fans should WANT the game to be moved back because of the safety of our players. As ridiculous as that was to suggest from the get go, the NFL then goes on to prove you wrong by making it significantly easier for players who literally have COVID to play in games that week by allowing asymptomatic players to play. The reason they did this is because they have found that the spread of COVID is very unlikely on the field and almost entirely happens during these outbreaks while people are in the building together. So your statement was not only not backed up by actions, it is also isn't backed up by science.

You came into our forum and preached at us. That is what the issue was. They moved the game for one reason: to help the teams that had outbreaks to be more competitive. That is it. If you want to argue that was a good thing you would have a leg to stand on. Instead you argued some crazy "safety" theory that was literally contradicted days later by the NFL's policy changes. 

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You came into our forum and preached at us. That is what the issue was.

I posted in the gameday thread about the upcoming game. Also I post in the Eagles forum all the time so its not like this was some one off. 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

They moved the game for one reason: to help the teams that had outbreaks to be more competitive. That is it.

That's your opinion.  I don't agree with your opinion. 

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If you want to argue that was a good thing you would have a leg to stand on. Instead you argued some crazy "safety" theory that was literally contradicted days later by the NFL's policy changes.

First of all I don't agree with the NFL's policy changes about reducing the amount of days players have to quarantine after testing positive.  They claim its backed by doctor's opinions but if you have the amount of money they have I'm sure you can get a doctor to say anything. In the case of the prior game, Washington had a full on breakout of COVID in the locker room with players literally testing positive almost every hour during the week. The speed of how quickly so many players were testing positive, and the fact that it continued happening throughout the week is what made it a serious situation. There was a real risk of putting players out on the field that were contagious and spreading the disease to both rosters. Its unlikely that any of the players in the condition they are in would be at serious risk from the disease, but the chance of serious complications isn't zero. Also these players interact with lots of staff inside the organization, and families/friends outside of work who would all be put at risk. The game was postponed to stop the spread and protect all of those people. That isn't a crazy theory that is what actually happened. 

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Anyone have Fox's televised area map for the game? On my guide it's just saying "NFL football game." They are acting like they don't know who they are televising in my area. More than likely it's gonna be the epic match of Gspots and Bears... but it's fun to hope. 

Go Birds

MC

17-FOX-E.png

blue is the eagles game.

506 sports is usually the best place to get these.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Not sure what else you expected to happen. I forgot who said it years ago, but these two forums, while hating each other, are very similar at core. 

I actually like y'all because you're either realistic or completely zaney like Ace.

• Like 1