Week 17 : Team without a Name but probably still contagious vs Eagles Rd 2

Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Weird that it says hip too as I thought he had the turf toe injury again. 

Yeah, he did get the turf toe too. He's just banged up at this point.

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This one is an absolute game-changer. The best punter on the planet.

I can't say I watch enough of each punter to have accurate opinions on the league as a whole to say that, but he has to be top 5. 

Tress is always booming really good punts against us.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, he did get the turf toe too. He's just banged up at this point.

I can't say I watch enough of each punter to have accurate opinions on the league as a whole to say that, but he has to be top 5. 

Tress is always booming really good punts against us.

I recently (by which I mean this morning) stumbled on a site called Puntalytics, which is largely what it appears to promise in its portmanteau. 

Dating back 4 years (a totally random, statistically based selection that I definitely didn’t cherry pick), I’d say Tress looks to be right near the top in EPA/punt. 

A.J. Cole seems to top the list this year, and guys like Kern, Dickson, Anger, Cooke, Hekker, etc. have all pretty consistently been in the mix at the top. But Tress finished 5th, 1st, and 6th from 2018-2020, and he currently ranks 5th this season. There’s no one else who has so consistently ranked at the top of the heap in that span. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I recently (by which I mean this morning) stumbled on a site called Puntalytics, which is largely what it appears to promise in its portmanteau. 

Dating back 4 years (a totally random, statistically based selection that I definitely didn’t cherry pick), I’d say Tress looks to be right near the top in EPA/punt. 

A.J. Cole seems to top the list this year, and guys like Kern, Dickson, Anger, Cooke, Hekker, etc. have all pretty consistently been in the mix at the top. But Tress finished 5th, 1st, and 6th from 2018-2020, and he currently ranks 5th this season. There’s no one else who has so consistently ranked at the top of the heap in that span. 

Thanks for that site and yeah I'd say if he's somewhere in the top 3-6 every year he should probably be established as elite at this point.

Two of the NFCE punters in the top 5 with Anger and Way.

Then, you have the Eagles and Giants in the bottom 8.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Thanks for that site and yeah I'd say if he's somewhere in the top 3-6 every year he should probably be established as elite at this point.

Two of the NFCE punters in the top 5 with Anger and Way.

Then, you have the Eagles and Giants in the bottom 8.

One of the things that’s probably worth noting is that we’re talking about pretty slim differences here. 

The site has Siposs (literally had never heard that name until I started this post) as worth about -0.07 per punt, with a total of 50 punts. Which comes out to a total EPA of -3.5 points. Tress Way, arguably the greatest living American, is at 0.13 per punt, with 54 punts. Which comes out to a total EPA of 7.0 points. 

Extrapolating that out over the remaining two games, we’re looking at a difference of about 12 points (over the course of a season) between a top 5 punter and a completely anonymous bottom 8 punter. Hard to lose too much sleep over that...

...unless you’ve become accustomed to basking in the warm glow and majesty of Tress Way’s towering punts. Then you lose all your sleep over it when he gets COVID.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

One of the things that’s probably worth noting is that we’re talking about pretty slim differences here. 

The site has Siposs (literally had never heard that name until I started this post) as worth about -0.07 per punt, with a total of 50 punts. Which comes out to a total EPA of -3.5 points. Tress Way, arguably the greatest living American, is at 0.13 per punt, with 54 punts. Which comes out to a total EPA of 7.0 points. 

Extrapolating that out over the remaining two games, we’re looking at a difference of about 12 points (over the course of a season) between a top 5 punter and a completely anonymous bottom 8 punter. Hard to lose too much sleep over that...

...unless you’ve become accustomed to basking in the warm glow and majesty of Tress Way’s towering punts. Then you lose all your sleep over it when he gets COVID.

What are we going to do if the game goes into sudden overtime and they have an impromptu corner coffin putting competition to see who wins the game?

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed. It's about what Rivera is doing outside of football games as much as on them. We've got a lot of areas to fix not just on the football field. 

Definitely brings some goodwill in. If they had a HC everyone hated too I think it’d help everyone to get the organization flushed. Think everyone wants Snyder gone, but there isn’t much they can do. The owners don’t want to set a precedent for getting their teams taken away.

Not having tumultuous leadership changes, huge egos and despicable acts done to people by higher ups definitely helps improve the culture. Does feel like building a house on bad foundation with Snyder intact but is what it is I suppose.