Week 17 GDT - Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Honestly, no need for even a big breakdown for this game. It's a MUST win and if the Saints win today, there is a chance that it may not even matter as we will no longer control our own destiny. Way too many blown games and mediocre performances have led us to this position.

Anyways, we are 15 point favorites which seems INSANE. I'm sorry, as inconsistent as this team has been all season, I do not think that is right at all. The Texans are actually starting to play some good ball as it is.

Still, I think we end up winning.

SF 27

Hou 17

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Texans beat the chargers with like 15 players on covid list lol.

For sure, but they have been playing better as of late and looked legitimately solid yesterday. Their defense all season has been average, which isn't bad considering the talent they have lol.

Either way, we have done NOTHING all season to indicate that we should be 15 point favorites over ANYONE. 

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, no need for even a big breakdown for this game. It's a MUST win and if the Saints win today, there is a chance that it may not even matter as we will no longer control our own destiny. Way too many blown games and mediocre performances have led us to this position.

I read that if the Niners Eagles & Saints are 10-7, we lose out on the 3 team tiebreaker. So yeah, wild, we dont actually control our own destiny. And its not a lock we get to 10-7 either. 

Saints - Dolphins, Panthers, @ Falcons

Eagles - WFT, Cowboys (could be resting starters)

49ers - Texans, Rams (could be resting starters)

Definitely conceivable that all 3 teams end up 10-7. But tbh, also conceivable that the Eagles & Saints lose out. Divisional games are unpredictable 

Rooting for the Dolphins tonight!

Edited by 49ersfan

11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Oh boy. Hope he didn't take Lynch's accidental like of that tweet too seriously

I'd be surprised. There are a lot of things that this could be. We will find out soon. I can't believe that we are making any sort of shift to Lance at this juncture..that would legitimately blow my mind. And Jimmy is an incredible professional who I think would likely just keep his head down and move along knowing he's not going to be around but for a few more months. 

Maybe he got nicked up in the Titans game and we are just now hearing about it. Suppose it could be a personal / family related matter as well. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be surprised. There are a lot of things that this could be. We will find out soon. I can't believe that we are making any sort of shift to Lance at this juncture..that would legitimately blow my mind. And Jimmy is an incredible professional who I think would likely just keep his head down and move along knowing he's not going to be around but for a few more months. 

Maybe he got nicked up in the Titans game and we are just now hearing about it. Suppose it could be a personal / family related matter as well. 

Jimmy has dealt with so much over the years, one damn like by Lynch isn't going to be the breaking point lol. 

Could be he was late getting back in after enjoying Christmas with the family or something. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy has dealt with so much over the years, one damn like by Lynch isn't going to be the breaking point lol. 

Could be he was late getting back in after enjoying Christmas with the family or something. 

I would just about die of laughter if it was the breaking point for him though. 

Next thing we know he's just doing sit ups in his driveway while talking to the press explaining what's wrong 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would just about die of laughter if it was the breaking point for him though. 

Next thing we know he's just doing sit ups in his driveway while talking to the press explaining what's wrong 

LOL, I would become his biggest fan if he did that. I think he may have Covid or some other illness if he's in Santa Clara but not at practice.