Week 17 GDT: Colts vs Raiders - Win or Die Trying

Jerry

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raiders practice squad
    • Colts practice squad

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

We really bout to go into next season with mayock rich and Olson cause we beat those 3 guys scoring 17 pts a game. 

Just look back at the entire year.  We have had favorable circumstances almost every week.  This team is not good.  They have just been lucky.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Well. Mullens has one start this season. Drew lock has one start this season and now Sam ehlginger  is about to have one start this season. So no most teams aren't playing all these qbs. 

Mayfield just threw 4 picks vs GB, I’m sure they missed him. And we already beat Denver with Teddy B. Miami just beat Ian Book to jump into 7th place. 

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just look back at the entire year.  We have had favorable circumstances almost every week.  This team is not good.  They have just been lucky.

Lol you really saying we’ve had favorable circumstances all year? Come on now, if anything it’s only leveled the playing field. 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Caught a Ravens team who lost multiple starters in practice days prior to week one, lost to Taylor Heinicke, Daniel Jones, and Justin Fields making his 1st or 2nd ever start. Got the doors blown off us both times facing the best team in our division...

I realize all the terrible circumstances this team has had to navigate through this year, and for them to somehow still be in the hunt after all that, I commend them. But can't let that emotion change what we've seen from this team this year. Same middling team we've seen the last three years. Only the defense is better and offense is worse.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Mayfield just threw 4 picks vs GB, I’m sure they missed him. And we already beat Denver with Teddy B. Miami just beat Ian Book to jump into 7th place. 

You ask is every body playing these qbs. I was just answering your question. We played 3 in their only start this year. That's facts. And yes the browns missed Mayfield no matter how bad you think he is. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Lol you really saying we’ve had favorable circumstances all year? Come on now, if anything it’s only leveled the playing field. 

We have had our own issues but you can not count Gruden and Ruggs like they are injured and will be back next year.  When I say this team sucks that does not include those two because they are no longer on the team.  I do not want to see this team out perform its talent level in the next two weeks just so we can hold on to everyone and realize we made a mistake week 1 of a new season when we can do nothing about it.  In order for this current team to compete they have to rely on covid and injuries.  I do not think covid will be an issues next year so we will have to rely on injuries and our young players getting better.  Overall I do not see us as a .500 or better team next year without some luck.  Would you be happy with this roster and coaching staff if it was week 1?  I would not but we could end up that way if we win out and make the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Caught a Ravens team who lost multiple starters in practice days prior to week one, lost to Taylor Heinicke, Daniel Jones, and Justin Fields making his 1st or 2nd ever start. Got the doors blown off us both times facing the best team in our division...

I realize all the terrible circumstances this team has had to navigate through this year, and for them to somehow still be in the hunt after all that, I commend them. But can't let that emotion change what we've seen from this team this year. Same middling team we've seen the last three years. Only the defense is better and offense is worse.

Yup. This team is no better than last year maybe worse.  Just more lucky. That's why winning these last two games shouldn't  change mark Davis course into the offseason. 

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

We really bout to go into next season with mayock rich and Olson cause we beat those 3 guys scoring 17 pts a game. 

Hmmm.

If we are judging Mayock on draft picks then we should get rid, what makes me pause is two factors...(1) Up until a few weeks ago, we all know Gruden had the power to pick who he wanted (especially early I would have thought) so are they Mayock picks? Can we judge Mayock on Ferrell / Jacobs / Abram / Ruggs / Arnette / Leatherwood?; and (2) whoever is making our picks later in the draft (I imagine Mayock) really knows what they are doing...Moehrig, Deablo, Koonce, Hobbs, Renfrow, Moreau, Crosby etc. This has been the MO of our drafting - largely reaches in the first round, with a high hit rate in the mid rounds...only people inside the building know who is making the picks and that is the key factor on whether Mayock should stay or not.

Rich I would like to see retained as ST co-ordinator, not sure he has done enough (at least yet) to get the HC gig.

Olsen I never really been a fan of and we should look to upgrade.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Just look at the last 3 wins.  Beat the Cowboys, Browns, and Broncos by a combined 9 points.  

6 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Hmmm.

If we are judging Mayock on draft picks then we should get rid, what makes me pause is two factors...(1) Up until a few weeks ago, we all know Gruden had the power to pick who he wanted (especially early I would have thought) so are they Mayock picks? Can we judge Mayock on Ferrell / Jacobs / Abram / Ruggs / Arnette / Leatherwood?; and (2) whoever is making our picks later in the draft (I imagine Mayock) really knows what they are doing...Moehrig, Deablo, Koonce, Hobbs, Renfrow, Moreau, Crosby etc. This has been the MO of our drafting - largely reaches in the first round, with a high hit rate in the mid rounds...only people inside the building know who is making the picks and that is the key factor on whether Mayock should stay or not.

Rich I would like to see retained as ST co-ordinator, not sure he has done enough (at least yet) to get the HC gig.

Olsen I never really been a fan of and we should look to upgrade.

What did mayock do before to get the job? Forget about trying to figure out who did what while he was here. Even though it's been reported Arnette was all him. He never deserve the job in the first place. What was his qualifications?. So way are we keeping him to see if he can do it without gruden now. 

22 minutes ago, Geezy said:

That was the worst game he has ever had.  Not saying he is a good QB but he is a lot better than Mullens who almost beat us.  We beat the Broncos and Teddy when we were fully healthy and Ruggs still on the team.  Miami we needed a last second FG to beat their backup QB just like the Browns.  The way the team is right now we probably have 3-4 wins next year and that is if everyone is healthy.  Gruden and Ruggs are not coming ack next year.

14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We have had our own issues but you can not count Gruden and Ruggs like they are injured and will be back next year.  When I say this team sucks that does not include those two because they are no longer on the team.  I do not want to see this team out perform its talent level in the next two weeks just so we can hold on to everyone and realize we made a mistake week 1 of a new season when we can do nothing about it.  In order for this current team to compete they have to rely on covid and injuries.  I do not think covid will be an issues next year so we will have to rely on injuries and our young players getting better.  Overall I do not see us as a .500 or better team next year without some luck.  Would you be happy with this roster and coaching staff if it was week 1?  I would not but we could end up that way if we win out and make the playoffs.

Cool, I understand your point and agree to a point. But my thing is I feel there is a lot to be said for winning games. The defense has played well as of late and I feel we can add a few weapons and get heathy/add to the OL and be alright. Especially with our cap situation. I don’t think Rich will be back and I think it’d be a mistake even if we make the playoffs, Mayock would have a better shot if we get in. I’m not opposed to seeing what Mayock can do in the first without Gruden, he has found some gems in the later rounds. 

This franchise needs some good energy, and winning games/getting into the playoffs would do that. 

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

That was the worst game he has ever had.  Not saying he is a good QB but he is a lot better than Mullens who almost beat us.  We beat the Broncos and Teddy when we were fully healthy and Ruggs still on the team.  Miami we needed a last second FG to beat their backup QB just like the Browns.  The way the team is right now we probably have 3-4 wins next year and that is if everyone is healthy.  Gruden and Ruggs are not coming ack next year.

You don’t think we can replace Ruggs and improve the OL in the offseason?