Week 17 GDT: Colts vs Raiders - Win or Die Trying

Jerry

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Raiders practice squad
    • Colts practice squad

Just now, big_palooka said:

Trade Waller? Do you guys like being a terrible team? Want to just trade anyone who has value now?

Waller doesn't even want to be here anymore and his new born relationship with Klutch Sports makes things a lot more complicated. He has 0 guaranteed money left on his deal and a $7M cap hit in 2023/2024. He's not stepping foot on the field next year without a new contract that makes him one of, if not the, highest paid TE's in football. Mark Andrews new deal (4 yr/$56M) is likely a starting point for what he'll be seeking. And he's going to be 30 years old next year coming off of an injury plagued season where he really only produced in 1 game. 

I like Waller but we're 4-5 in the games that he has played and 4-2 in the games he has missed.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not yet. Let's wait and see how things play out. That's my attitude for the next 2 weeks.

Waller isn't playing over the next two weeks and if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs, it won't be because of Carr, it will be because the defense plays lights out. Regardless though Waller/Carr aren't playing another down of football after this season here or anywhere else without new contracts. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Waller isn't playing over the next two weeks and if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs, it won't be because of Carr, it will be because the defense plays lights out. Regardless though Waller/Carr aren't playing another down of football after this season here or anywhere else without new contracts. 

Again let's wait and see. Waller can apparently still play with negative tests. Carr's play over the next 2 games will go a long way toward determining his future here IMO.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Again let's wait and see. Waller can apparently still play with negative tests. Carr's play over the next 2 games will go a long way toward determining his future here IMO.

My point though is that neither guy is playing next season, here or if we trade them, without a sizeable extension. Waller has 2 yr/$14M left on his deal ($0 GTD) and Carr has 1 yr/$19M left on his deal. They're both going to be over 30 to start next season and this will be their last chance to earn a big, long term extension. 

3 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Totally agree, but David needs to shut the hell up. Derek is twice the QB David ever was, and he doesn’t need his older brother’s help to do his job 🙄 

I agree iirc didn’t carr take shots at waller after the bengals game saying “but waller got his targets”

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Waller doesn't even want to be here anymore and his new born relationship with Klutch Sports makes things a lot more complicated. He has 0 guaranteed money left on his deal and a $7M cap hit in 2023/2024. He's not stepping foot on the field next year without a new contract that makes him one of, if not the, highest paid TE's in football. Mark Andrews new deal (4 yr/$56M) is likely a starting point for what he'll be seeking. And he's going to be 30 years old next year coming off of an injury plagued season where he really only produced in 1 game. 

I like Waller but we're 4-5 in the games that he has played and 4-2 in the games he has missed.

I never knew Waller is with Klutch! yuck, hate what they do in the NBA