Lefty, Bowles, and Spytek all being interviewed for coaching/GM jobs

kgarrett12486

NFL Network's Mike Garofolo reports the Jaguars have requested permission to interview Bucs DC Todd Bowles for their head coaching vacancy. The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud reports the Jaguars have requested permission to interview Bucs OC Byron Leftwich for their head coaching vacancy. 

I can totally see Lefty being the choice. He played for the organization for years, he's a former QB who could help Lawrence and he's had the ear of TB12 the last few years.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

SB winner on your resume is pretty good accomplishment for the retread HC.  Would the Bucs recieve a 3rd comp pick if Bowles or Leftwich get hired.  I hope Bowles does get another shot.  He's not perfect, but I figure as a fan no one is 100% thrilled with their coordinators.

If Bowles goes, and Fangio is fired, that is the play for me.  My assumption they would probably promote from within.  Best guess Caldwell or Foote.

Black Monday never is boring.  I'm now convinced at least 1 coordinator is gone.  SB win followed by tied for the best record in the league.  These guys are doing something right.  Wouldn t be surprised if Licht loses another staff member to a GM job.  Look no further then the sucess of Jon Robinson in TEN.

Edited by ravishingone

18 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

If Bowles leaves, as I think he has the better chance to land somewhere, do we kick the tires on Zimmer if and when he gets fired? 

imo of Bowles leaves, I like Fangio alot but Zimmer isn't bad either 

I think I remember wanting him that year he was available 

Flores also did very well 

Those would be my top 3

14 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Those would be my top 3

I'd be surprised if Flores didn't get another HC job right away. His firing was shocking and really wasn't a product of his record. Hell, Bears should be calling him right now.

27 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Those would be my top 3

I know PR wrote an article stating Foote would be promored internally.  I do wonder with maybe Brady's last season they would go with a novice play caller to replace Bowles.  It's a risk to learn on the job with a ready made SB team. I respect Zimmer, but do not want him.  Fangio and Flores sure.