What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

brownie man

What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. What moves will Andrew Berry make at the Quarterback Position this Offseason?

• Keep The QB Depth Chart As Is - Resigning Keenum
    • Trade For Deshaun Watson
    • Trade For Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade for Russel Wilson
    • Trade for a different QB to compete with Baker
    • Sign a QB in Free Agency
    • Draft a QB First Round
    • Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds
    • Draft a QB 4th round or Later

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2022 at 08:38 PM

The only guy I could see this front office drafting is Willis because of his upside. He’s got Allen / Mahomes arm strength. He’s also just a notch below Lamar athletically. His only physical flaw is that he’s short.

He gets comped to Vick for a reason.

However, I don’t think we’d be patient with him.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

In 2019?  We were the 22nd ranked passing offense.  Off that criteria there were 3 other teams had 2 1000 yard WRs (might have been more but I only looked at the top 10 teams).

Buccaneers (Evans/Godwin), Cowboys (Cooper/Gallup), Chargers (Allen/Williams)

The Chiefs and Falcons would have had 2 without injury (Kelce/Hill) (Jones/Ridley).I would take all 5 of those teams weapons over 2019 Landry and Beckham. 

I would also say the Saints had better weapons because Michael Thomas had 1700 yards and Kamara is pretty elite out of the backfield.  The Vikings had Diggs and Thielen who I think were better but didn't accumulate the yards that year.  Pretty much all these combinations out-performed our duo as far as catch rate % goes, which in 2019 we were pretty ineffective completing passes partly because we threw the hell out of the ball to Beckham.

So maybe at our pinnacle we had like the 7th best weapons.

lets take dallas you say is number 3

Gallup and Cooper outper performed landry and obj

but Chubb and Hunt out performed Ezekiel that year in receptions catches in yards so do you make Cleveland number 3 or do you drop Dallas to number 7

also New Orleans Thomas had his best year but I like are 2 thru 4 

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, even if they do get Watson they’ll ruin him within a year or two.

Or he’ll force a trade.

Or both.

Sign me up for Option A or C if this happens. Ruining Watson might just be exactly what we need to break the curse, do our penance, and turn this thing around.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sign me up for Option A or C if this happens. Ruining Watson might just be exactly what we need to break the curse, do our penance, and turn this thing around.

despite all the love for watson how many playoff games has he won?

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

lets take dallas you say is number 3

Gallup and Cooper outper performed landry and obj

but Chubb and Hunt out performed Ezekiel that year in receptions catches in yards so do you make Cleveland number 3 or do you drop Dallas to number 7

also New Orleans Thomas had his best year but I like are 2 thru 4 

Our next leading receiver after Beckham/Landry had were our RBs with ~280 yards.  If you want to argue for the totality of our weapons receiving you're going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat because we had the 22nd passing offense even with 2 1,000 yard WRs.

Side note Beckham/Landry had over 50% of our targets, Beckham catching an awful 55% of them and Landry a very mediocre 60% of them.  It stunk.

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Our next leading receiver after Beckham/Landry had were our RBs with ~280 yards.  If you want to argue for the totality of our weapons receiving you're going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat because we had the 22nd passing offense even with 2 1,000 yard WRs.

Side note Beckham/Landry had over 50% of our targets, Beckham catching an awful 55% of them and Landry a very mediocre 60% of them.  It stunk.

you brought in running backs I believe

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The only guy I could see this front office drafting is Willis because of his upside. He’s got Allen / Mahomes arm strength. He’s also just a notch below Lamar athletically. His only physical flaw is that he’s short.

He gets comped to Vick for a reason.

However, I don’t think we’d be patient with him.

He also got beat out by Stidham and Nix and put up some pretty pedestrian passing numbers against a pretty uninspiring group of opponents, even as a 5th year senior.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

True and I think it's fair to consider them as receiving weapons, as well as TE's and backup WRs, but that doesn't help the Browns at all in the 2019 season since we barely even targeted any of those guys.

to the point we had 2 1000 wide receivers and now we have none 

say what you want top 7 to 30 my daughter can draft that well.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

That means nothing to me.

Joe Burrow got beat out by JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins.

Bo Nix starting was purely a legacy / PR thing.

very interesting

question where do you think are receiving group ranks i am saying 30th

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That means nothing to me.

Joe Burrow got beat out by JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins.

Bo Nix starting was purely a legacy / PR thing.

JT Barrett was an all time great college QB and Haskins was a first rounder.

Not beating those guys out isn’t a knock on him. It was a matter of preference or wanting someone more mobile for the offense which clearly they prefer.

Stidham is a career backup and Nix beat him out as a true freshman iirc. Nix hasn’t been good either.