Week 9 GDT: Packers vs. Lions

CWood21

Three things need to happen for me to have faith in saving this season, and they're ranked in order of importance:

1. Win
2. Good second half performance on defense and under 24 points scored
3. More than 200 yards passing

If we can't perform at an average rate on defense and offense at home, might as well tell Aaron Rodgers to pick up a hobby for the year. 

I really want to see some more progress from Brett.  He was not good against MN or NO.  We have seen him play better than that.  

In my opinion, this season was over when Aaron got hurt.  I am not giving up, but expectations have changed.  I would like to see better play or continued growth from all of the rookies, and guys like Brice, Allison, and Davis.  This is a winnable game, they just have to win.

Definitely time to next man up....Hundley has has three years to learn the system, and two weeks to prepare for Detroit...Time for our backup QB to make a statement....Unfortunately New England has sent their second stringer to San Francisco.....One less potential market for him, which can be a little disconcerting...Hope he hasn't gotten too comfortable riding the pine behind Rodgers.....

At this point there really isn't any excuses. We need both Hundley and the defense to do their part. If this game doesn't go well there is going to be plenty of blame to go around. First game in a long long time that I am not really all that excited for. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Two weeks to prepare. Heathier than we've been in weeks, minus ARod. At home. Reeling team in Detroit. If the Packers dont have the stones to win this one, MM and Capers dont get any more excuses.  

I feel like Capers in particular is way past excusing. But you're right, MM's gameplan better be on ******* point this week. 

Oh, and Brett Hundley better stand up when he pees this game aswell. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Two weeks to prepare. Heathier than we've been in weeks, minus ARod. At home. Reeling team in Detroit. If the Packers dont have the stones to win this one, MM and Capers dont get any more excuses.  

Green Bay Packers‏Verified account @packers  3h3 hours ago

McCarthy: #Packers close to "being fully healthy as a team" (other than at QB that is).

Detroit will be going with a beat up, but good when healthy RT (Rick Wagner) and either a gimpy 2nd stringer or a 3rd stringer who was picked up after the final cuts at LT.

Might be a good time for the D to turn it on:

"Detroit’s offensive line has been among the league’s worst. The run blocking and pass protection have equally suffered, with 30 percent of the team’s carries resulting in no gain or a loss of yardage, while quarterback Matthew Stafford has been sacked 25 times." http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/11/01/hes-back-taylor-decker-returns-practice-lions/107233018/

It's put up or shut-up time for the Packers.  Coming off the buy ... no excuses.  If the teams plays like the 2nd half against the Vikings McCarthy should be pelted with rotten tomatoes at his post game press conference.  Brett Hundley plays like crap and I'd get someone else under center to try their hand at it.

1) Zone read, Zone read, Zone read.  This should be our primary running play.

2) Hundley needs to turn the ball loose on 1st and 2nd down.  PA to Kendricks/Adams/Nelson

3) Pass early in the game (1st quarter) to set up Jones runs.

4) Use Montgomery as a WR/RB not as a RB.

10 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I really want to see some more progress from Brett.  He was not good against MN or NO.  We have seen him play better than that.  

In my opinion, this season was over when Aaron got hurt.  I am not giving up, but expectations have changed.  I would like to see better play or continued growth from all of the rookies, and guys like Brice, Allison, and Davis.  This is a winnable game, they just have to win.

I too am going to look for improvements in our young guys and Hundley.  Unless we find a way to stay in the playoff hunt by winning some of these remaining games over the next several weeks Rodgers is not coming back - if we don't have a shot at the playoffs what good would it do to rush Rodgers back? - and I have a hard time believing we'll go very far with Brett as our starter.  It sucks but it is what is is.  :(

Archived