Week 9 GDT: Packers vs. Lions

CWood21

7 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Found this in another forum - I've been unable to find the original quote in Google so I can't provide a source. It's a quote from Stafford:

If it's real, I don't know how it's not damning. They knew exactly the what, the when and the how of our blitzes.

Allot of teams know what's coming or can see it especially with a good vet QB. With that said i'm still on the fire DC bandwagon, but at some point one of our 40-50 million dollar men must beat the other guy across from him. Teams with good D's seem to get pressure with 4 often and that is what makes them so good. If you can rush 4 and get pressure you're rolling. Ask the Seachickens from a few years back. Pitt's great D was predicated on teams not knowing who is/was coming and Dom maybe help build that but he now seems predictable with it and or what is behind his blitzes sucks.

At any rate i'm sure our O should be similar but at the same time MM seems to stick to his way and not adjust along the lines of the NFL. Teams run crossing routes and sure it gets a WR killed from time to time but it gets guys open. Ask any other OC in the league. We do not run near enough crossing routes to get guys open.

Archived