Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger officially retires

RaidersAreOne

It will be bittersweet.    Ive never been Ben's biggest fan, but he has provided alot of good memories over the years, and is the last remaining piece of a bygone era.

Still...he is done.   He could probably remain an okay stopgap for a team with a great OL and run game....but he isnt close to what he was.

• Like 1

Dunno where he ranks all time but he was one of the most entertaining QBs ever on the field. I'll always remember him as that dude chucking passes with multiple sprained somethings with like 3 guys hanging onto his legs, arms, face.. fun to watch when not facing my team. ✌️✌️

3 hours ago, bertuzzi said:

just wondering what the steelers do next season. Go with Rudolph? Trade for a QB? Gonna be a interesting offseason

There are going to be a lot of options on the table - up to three QBs are up for trade, a few guys about to hit the market, a lackluster class that could have a few gems with some refining - a few options for Pittsburgh to dive into.

A rookie like Malik Willis sitting behind a vet like Tyrod Taylor for a year could pay off. If Pittsburgh goes run heavy with Najee, Tyrod could game manage it to 9-10 wind IMO.

2023, it's the Malik Willis show.

I've heard of worse plans... Like Josh Dobbs...

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I've heard of worse plans... Like Josh Dobbs...

VanS dislikes this.

Seriously...I kinda hope the Steelers dont touch a QB in this draft.   If it happens, so be it, but its a weak class and we have too many holes to fill...maybe even more if Alualu and Tuitt leave.

Best case scenario....Raiders decide to persue Rodgers, Wilson or Watson, move on from Carr and we sign him....although he would probably be part of a package to get those guys....so it will probably be Jimmy G or Tyrod Taylor.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was looking up his record against all teams just out of interest and found some notable stats:

https://edge.twinspires.com/nfl/ben-roethlisbergers-record-against-every-nfl-team/

26-2-1 regular season record against the Browns suggests they’ll be happiest to see the back of him.

He went 2-6 against the Raiders, never beating them on the road, and it’s worth remembering the Raiders have been awful for the majority of his career. He lost to Andrew Walter, Bruce Gradkowski and Terrelle Pryor in these matchups.

He also only ever played the Rams twice, with a 2-0 record. No idea how he managed that in a 17-season career considering he’s a guy who generally played most games.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Was looking up his record against all teams just out of interest and found some notable stats:

https://edge.twinspires.com/nfl/ben-roethlisbergers-record-against-every-nfl-team/

26-2-1 regular season record against the Browns suggests they’ll be happiest to see the back of him.

He went 2-6 against the Raiders, never beating them on the road, and it’s worth remembering the Raiders have been awful for the majority of his career. He lost to Andrew Walter, Bruce Gradkowski and Terrelle Pryor in these matchups.

He also only ever played the Rams twice, with a 2-0 record. No idea how he managed that in a 17-season career considering he’s a guy who generally played most games.

I remember that at one point he owned the most wins by any QB at the Browns FirstEnergy stadium.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Even if the Browns were "bad" for a long time, that's incredible.