Week 17: Rams AT Ravens

MDY10

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Dont. Don't start that $hit. You bashed this team the entire thread and then when we pull out a victory and Stafford leads us down the field late in the 4th you pull the "depleted" card. GTFO with your martyr $hit. This team is winning a super bowl. 

This was in no way a good win. It is a win so we are all "happy" but my confidence in this team is worse from it. The Ravens aren't a playoff team. 

The best version of the Rams can win the SB. But I doubt they will. 

• Like 1

Thank God we won this game. The offense was ugly. Kupp and OBJ helped us survive 

Stafford has to be much better. This game shouldn’t have been close. He put us towards a loss and then dug us out of the hole he put us in

he needs to stop putting us in these holes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Dont. Don't start that $hit. You bashed this team the entire thread and then when we pull out a victory and Stafford leads us down the field late in the 4th you pull the "depleted" card. GTFO with your martyr $hit. This team is winning a super bowl. 

Stafford made a comeback, i can't deny this and i was the first surprise by this. But just don't forget againt what team we played against....i mean it was without Lamar and against one of the worst passing team defense in the NFL. And we struggled big time. 

This team was not a good team....we made it difficult ourselve

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

This was in no way a good win. It is a win so we are all "happy" but my confidence in this team is worse from it. The Ravens aren't a playoff team. 

The best version of the Rams can win the SB. But I doubt they will. 

We needed to prove we could overcome adversity. Win when we are down at halftime. Win with our backs against the wall and on the road.

I came away feeling MUCH better about this team. Our wins were always pretty ones. This was an ugly win and I havent seen that all season. 

Just now, Flounch said:

We hardly won against a depleted Ravens team....what are you talking about ?

So do you still not care about having the best QB in the 4th quarter? Stafford was money in the 4th when the Rams had to have it. Look you can say all you want about this game but the Rams are winning despite Stafford not playing his best ball. Early in the season the Rams wasnt doing that and everybody wanted to see if the Rams could win games when their QB isnt playing his best. The defense only allowed four field goals. This is the same offense that scored 30pts against the best team in the NFL in the Packers at home. The same team that was one 2pc away from beating the Packers. The Rams defense is playing lights out. 

Michel continues to run the ball great, Kupp made plays and even in a "quiet" game he still was very effective. OBJ made two big time plays that gave the Rams the lead. Oh and Von made the big sack that pretty much sealed the win for the Rams. So the Rams key acquisitions just like I said are starting to look really good and the team has won 5 in a row. That will work in the playoffs. People questioned, can the Rams win 4 straight? Well they are on a 5 game win streak. I do believe Stafford can clean up the turnovers bc early in the season he wasnt turning the ball over like this and even in this game in the 2nd half he wasnt throwing ints. He had that weird fumble loss in the 2nd half but again he was money in the 4th quarter when the Rams had to have it. Im pumped and Im loving how the Rams as a "team" is playing bc its not just one individual like so many people want to make the Rams out to be. We overcame a missed FG by Gay on the opening drive, we overcame a pick 6, then another int, we overcame the Ravens chewing up tons of clock which limited the Rams possessions on offense. All that on the road and the Rams still won. Thats a sign of a really good team and if the Rams just dont beat themselves with turnovers and penalties, the Rams are legit going to be hard to beat in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We needed to prove we could overcome adversity. Win when we are down at halftime. Win with our backs against the wall and on the road.

I came away feeling MUCH better about this team. Our wins were always pretty ones. This was an ugly win and I havent seen that all season. 

Last week was ugly too. 

I get your point to an extent but I don't think we can realistically win this way in the playoffs besides maybe round 1 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

So do you still not care about having the best QB in the 4th quarter? Stafford was money in the 4th when the Rams had to have it. Look you can say all you want about this game but the Rams are winning despite Stafford not playing his best ball. Early in the season the Rams wasnt doing that and everybody wanted to see if the Rams could win games when their QB isnt playing his best. The defense only allowed four field goals. This is the same offense that scored 30pts against the best team in the NFL in the Packers at home. The same team that was one 2pc away from beating the Packers. The Rams defense is playing lights out. 

Michel continues to run the ball great, Kupp made plays and even in a "quiet" game he still was very effective. OBJ made two big time plays that gave the Rams the lead. Oh and Von made the big sack that pretty much sealed the win for the Rams. So the Rams key acquisitions just like I said are starting to look really good and the team has won 5 in a row. That will work in the playoffs. People questioned, can the Rams win 4 straight? Well they are on a 5 game win streak. I do believe Stafford can clean up the turnovers bc early in the season he wasnt turning the ball over like this and even in this game in the 2nd half he wasnt throwing ints. He had that weird fumble loss in the 2nd half but again he was money in the 4th quarter when the Rams had to have it. Im pumped and Im loving how the Rams as a "team" is playing bc its not just one individual like so many people want to make the Rams out to be. We overcame a missed FG by Gay on the opening drive, we overcame a pick 6, then another int, we overcame the Ravens chewing up tons of clock which limited the Rams possessions on offense. All that on the road and the Rams still won. Thats a sign of a really good team and if the Rams just dont beat themselves with turnovers and penalties, the Rams are legit going to be hard to beat in the playoffs. 

We are not winning in the PO if Stafford continue to play like this and making stupid turnover. 

We were very lucky to win this game against a weak team and a scenario like this. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Last week was ugly too. 

I get your point to an extent but I don't think we can realistically win this way in the playoffs besides maybe round 1 

We can worry about the matchups as they unfold. I'm not going to poo poo on this team because we might draw a tough second round matchup. We're a Cowboys win away from clinching the division and this board is moping. It's just enough is enough. This team has had it's struggles, but all teams do. The Bucs just inched out a win vs the JETS. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I agree. He said he wanted to see Stafford pull off a 4th quarter comeback. Well he just did. He said he didnt care about Stafford being the best QB in the NFL in the 4th quarter. Stafford had to look like the best QB in the 4th quarter in this game for the Rams to comeback and win. I honestly dont know what he want to see? The Rams are on a 5 game winning streak and playing great as a team. Defense is playing great, the running game is playing great, we have receivers outside of Kupp stepping up making plays. For all Stafford faults lately, he still has made plays to push the Rams to victory. Again idk what he want to see right now? 

Plus its not like the Ravens are dog crap. They are a well-coached team that put up 30pts a few weeks ago and almost beat the Packers. You knew they werent going to get embarrassed again like they did last week against the Bengals. Plus I do think we take the Rams winning playing in the early game for granted. We see so many teams who arent used to playing the early game go out and lay an egg. 

4 minutes ago, Flounch said:

We are not winning in the PO if Stafford continue to play like this and making stupid turnover. 

We were very lucky to win this game against a weak team and a scenario like this. 

Im not disagreeing with you on that if Stafford continues to play like this making all these turnovers that we can win in the playoffs. What Im saying is that Im loving what Im seeing from this team. Early on it felt like it was the Stafford and Kupp show. The defense and special teams was the weak links and no running game. Now the defense is playing like one of the best defenses in the league, special teams is playing better with Gay being consistent in the kicking game and Powell adding the explosiveness in the return game, and Michel is giving this running game consistency with Akers coming back to add to it. Then outside of Kupp we are seeing guys like OBJ step up and make plays. So its not all about Stafford. Again of course Stafford cant be the reason the Rams lose but if he limit the turnovers or just dont turn the ball over at all while he make the plays he supposed to make like he did in the 4th quarter of this game to go along with how well the team around him is playing the Rams will be fine in the playoffs. Thats all Im saying. 

In short, if I didnt know the Rams are on a 5 game winning streak and just read your posts, Id think the Rams are on a 5 game losing streak and in fear of not making the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We can worry about the matchups as they unfold. I'm not going to poo poo on this team because we might draw a tough second round matchup. We're a Cowboys win away from clinching the division and this board is moping. It's just enough is enough. This team has had it's struggles, but all teams do. The Bucs just inched out a win vs the JETS. 

I'll worry about realistic outcomes. The way this team has played since the beginning of November won't be good enough. Unless we are getting exclusively Cardinal games. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I'll worry about realistic outcomes. The way this team has played since the beginning of November won't be good enough. Unless we are getting exclusively Cardinal games. 

Worry about w.e. TF you want, but we've won 5 straight games and we've won it in many different fashions. On the ground, in the air, with defense, losing the turnover battle. These are the things you want to see from Contenders. The way we played prior to the last 5 weeks I was concerned that we could only win games a certain way and this team disproved that.

Remember that stat about McVay's offense PPG in December plummeting? We've averaged 27.4PPG this season. Highest of McVay's career. This fanbase is mind numbing sometimes. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If anyone think the every game in the playoffs will be perfect and clean a team to get to the Superbowl then they are naive. As I mentioned before, the Bucs didnt play perfect football all throughout the playoffs. Washington hung around with their 3rd string QB in the 1st round, the Bucs trailed by 10 to the Saints at halftime in the next round before rallying to win, the next round Brady threw 3 second half ints and it almost cost them the game. The Bucs got to the Superbowl and played their best game and won.

The year before that the Chiefs literally trailed every single game of the playoffs at home and at to rally to win including the Superbowl. We know the year before that the Rams played an ugly game against the Saints in the NFCCG. They were down 13-0 in the 1st quarter and was lucky to not be down by more. They rallied from behind to win OT. So you are going to have to win so ugly tough games where things might now go your way but you still find a way to win. The Rams are showing that they can win these games when things arent perfect. Pretty doesnt win in the playoffs. You just cant make the the bad play in a key moment. As bad as Stafford has played these last two games the one thing Ill give him is in the 2nd half in key moments he hasnt made any mistakes and thats a reason the Rams were able to pull out wins. If he clean a few things up the Rams are going to be extremely hard to beat. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Worry about w.e. TF you want, but we've won 5 straight games and we've won it in many different fashions. On the ground, in the air, with defense, losing the turnover battle. These are the things you want to see from Contenders. The way we played prior to the last 5 weeks I was concerned that we could only win games a certain way and this team disproved that.

Remember that stat about McVay's offense PPG in December plummeting? We've averaged 27.4PPG this season. Highest of McVay's career. This fanbase is mind numbing sometimes. 

Agreed

I was at the game, and wow. That was crazy. After the Stafford fumble I sat down and truly lost confidence. Not for the game, because I knew we could still win. But for the Super Bowl. The rams need a miracle for stafford to stop these turnovers for the playoffs. It seems it’s just not going to stop. 

On the plus side, I was by Odell’s mom and she was awesome. If I’m being honest I think even she was worried about Stafford lol OBJ came over after the game was able to dap him up. It was a cool experience lol 

• Like 3