Comeback Player:

1. Nick Bosa, New Orleans
2. Joe Burrow, Anchorage
3. Robert Quinn, Cancun

Breakout Player:

1. Trevon Diggs, Ivory Coast
T-2. Larry Ogunjobi, Cancun
T-2. Javon Hargrave, Death Valley

You said I can't handle the truth so let's do this. I don't have an issue with you voting for yourself, I was kidding hence the lol, but...

What are you basing You being the best Exec on?

Best Coach? I don't have a problem with Mwil being your top choice. 

Best Draft? I mean.. 50% of your class was meh at best, the other 50% was good.

I agree with the waiver claim.

Robert Quinn has a case.

Larry O is not a Breakout Player. He only had 1.5 sacks more than his career high and didn't even hit his career high in tackles, this wasn't even his best overall season.

But Hey you're entitled to your opinion, thanks for sharing your votes.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

2021 BDL Awards

Offensive Rookie of the Year

Winner: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, Anchorage Trappers

Player Votes
Ja'Marr Chase 31
Rashawn Slater 11
Najee Harris 8
Jaylen Waddle 5
Kyle Pitts 5
Creed Humphrey 3
Mac Jones 3
Javonte Williams 1
Kadarius Toney 1
Rhamondre Stevenson 1

Defensive Rookie of the Year

Winner: Micah Parsons, LB, Anchorage Trappers

Micah Parsons 32
Patrick Surtain II 15
Eric Stokes 4
Jaelan Phillips 3
Joe Tryon 3
Gregory Rousseau 2
Odafe Oweh 2
Azeez Ojulari 1

Offensive Player of the Year

Winner: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Anchorage Trappers

Player Votes
Jonathan Taylor 27
Cooper Kupp 18
Deebo Samuel 8
Aaron Rodgers 5
Derrick Henry 4
Devante Adams 3
Kyler Murray 3
Matthew Stafford 3
Tom Brady 2

Defensive Player of the Year

Winner: Myles Garrett, EDGE, Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

Player Votes
Myles Garrett 23
T.J. Watt 21
Micah Parsons 12
Trevon Diggs 7
J.C. Jackson 4
Aaron Donald 3
Jalen Ramsey 3
Kevin Byard 3
Darius Leonard 1

MVP

Winner: Aaron Rodgers, QB, Berlin Blitzkrieg

Player Votes
Aaron Rodgers 14
Josh Allen 13
Tom Brady 12
Jonathan Taylor 9
Cooper Kupp 5
Deebo Samuel 5
Kyler Murray 4
T.J. Watt 4
Matthew Stafford 3
Myles Garrett 3
Micah Parsons 2
Derrick Henry 1

And that's all folks. Thanks to everyone for voting, I think I got more responses this year than any previous year so I really do appreciate it. The more ballots, the better results.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

2021 BDL Awards

MVP

And that's all folks. Thanks to everyone for voting, I think I got more responses this year than any previous year so I really do appreciate it. The more ballots, the better results.

Thank you Rack for everything.

• Like 1

MVP

1. Edge TJ Watt - Lancaster
2. LB Micah Parsons - Anchorage
3. QB Kyler Murray - Raleigh

RB Jonathan Taylor - Anchorage
WR Cooper Kupp - Camden
QB Kyler Murray - Raleigh

1. Edge TJ Watt - Lancaster
2. LB - Micah Parsons - Anchorage
3. Myles Garrett - Ivory Coast

1. RB Najee Harris - Rome
2. WR JaMarr Chase - Anchorage
3. RB Javonte Williams - Seoul

1. Micah Parsons - Anchorage
2. Gregory Rousseau - Cancun
3. Patrick Surtain II - Anchorage

Just now, wwhickok said:

You said I can't handle the truth so let's do this.

What are you basing You being the best Exec on?

Best Coach? I don't have a problem with Mwil being your top choice. 

Best Draft? I mean.. 50% of your class was meh at best, the other 50% was good.

I agree with the waiver claim.

Robert Quinn has a case.

Larry O is not a Breakout Player. He only had 1.5 sacks more than his career high and didn't even hit his career high in tackles, this wasn't even his best overall season.

Are you serious with the first one? I took over a team in Week 2 last year that could barely field a legal lineup and had almost no draft picks. Okay, so we're voting on this year, not last, I get that. I could argue that Scoundrel is getting a lot of his Exec votes on the basis of players he acquired in years past, but I'm not gonna do that.

Instead, I'm going to point out that I replaced 8 of 11 starters from last year's offense and 9 of 11 starters on defense. The second-highest paid player on my team never played a snap. Our third-highest paid player tore his ACL and missed the last two (I think) games of the season. My top two defensive tackles going into the year, Akiem Hicks and Stephon Tuitt, played a total of 269 snaps (less if we're only counting the BDL season). In spite of that, we were competitive in nearly every game and finished the year with three straight wins, including against two playoff teams (one the BizzBowl runner-up) and knocking another team out of the playoffs. I traded for a potential 2021 All-Pro safety in Kevin Byard, signed Robert Quinn (17 sacks in 16 games) for league minimum, picked up the near-unanimous top waiver claim, and had two players mentioned as best waiver claim of the year (albeit Nijman only got one 3rd place vote).

So yes, I think I did a pretty damn good job as an executive this season. Thank you for asking.

Best draft: I had six draft picks last year and five of them are contributors if not outright starters despite not having a pick until the bottom of the second round. I'm not knocking Scoundrel at all but it's a lot harder to draft well when you have 6 picks total and none in the top 25, instead of 6 of the top 11 picks. Okay, yes, my last two picks didn't play well, if at all. But Cosmi, Rousseau, and Moore have all looked really good and Werner looks very promising.

1.5 sacks is a lot when you're a defensive tackle (not named Aaron Donald). 7 sacks puts Obunjobi in the top 6 at his position. He's done that while playing 100+ fewer snaps than when he had 5.5 in previous seasons. I could not care less about tackles at any position. He did, however, set a career high in TFL this season with 11, again, on significantly fewer snaps.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Are you serious with the first one? I took over a team in Week 2 last year that could barely field a legal lineup and had almost no draft picks. Okay, so we're voting on this year, not last, I get that. I could argue that Scoundrel is getting a lot of his Exec votes on the basis of players he acquired in years past, but I'm not gonna do that.

Instead, I'm going to point out that I replaced 8 of 11 starters from last year's offense and 9 of 11 starters on defense. The second-highest paid player on my team never played a snap. Our third-highest paid player tore his ACL and missed the last two (I think) games of the season. My top two defensive tackles going into the year, Akiem Hicks and Stephon Tuitt, played a total of 269 snaps (less if we're only counting the BDL season). In spite of that, we were competitive in nearly every game and finished the year with three straight wins, including against two playoff teams (one the BizzBowl runner-up) and knocking another team out of the playoffs. I traded for a potential 2021 All-Pro safety in Kevin Byard, signed Robert Quinn (17 sacks in 16 games) for league minimum, picked up the near-unanimous top waiver claim, and had two players mentioned as best waiver claim of the year (albeit Nijman only got one 3rd place vote).

So yes, I think I did a pretty damn good job as an executive this season. Thank you for asking.

Best draft: I had six draft picks last year and five of them are contributors if not outright starters despite not having a pick until the bottom of the second round. I'm not knocking Scoundrel at all but it's a lot harder to draft well when you have 6 picks total and none in the top 25, instead of 6 of the top 11 picks. Okay, yes, my last two picks didn't play well, if at all. But Cosmi, Rousseau, and Moore have all looked really good and Werner looks very promising.

1.5 sacks is a lot when you're a defensive tackle (not named Aaron Donald). 7 sacks puts Obunjobi in the top 6 at his position. He's done that while playing 100+ fewer snaps than when he had 5.5 in previous seasons. I could not care less about tackles at any position. He did, however, set a career high in TFL this season with 11, again, on significantly fewer snaps.

Hey man you don’t need to include me in this at all. I acquire my picks by making moves. My best defensive players were two rookies I drafted this season and one player I traded for in the offseason in Jaylon Johnson other than Vita. My offensive pass weapons were all rookies. A lot of my success was based on what I did this season. 

• Like 2

MVP

1. Josh Allen - With the way New Orleans were steamrolling teams he probably puts up insane stats, especially given the talent at disposal at WR. 
2. Tom Brady - Leads a Singapore team to a strong season and 5th seed despite not having the greatest offense and injured players around him. 
3. Matthew Stafford - Despite injuries to Henry, Kamara, Davis and losing Ridley, Stafford keeps Death Valley in games and wins them some they probably don't with a lesser QB. 

1. Jonathan Taylor - In that high powered Anchorage offense he would've put up some crazy good numbers. 
2. Cooper Kupp - Camden's most consistent player as they pinch the division and number 4 seed. 
3. Deebo Samuel - Would've had a load of rushing + receiving yards & TDs in a dominant team.

1. Myles Garrett - Ivory Coast would've won a lot of games just off the back of his performances. 
2. Micah Parsons - Excellent year and the defensive star of an Anchorage team which did really well. 
3. Trevon Diggs - Quite possibly would've had a couple of game changing pick-sixes which helped Ivory Coast. 

1. Jamarr Chase - While Jones likely wins IRL, Chase has the biggest impact of any offensive rookie in this format leading Anchorage in receiving. 
2. Kyle Pitts - Good year for a top Anchorage team. 
3. Creed Humphrey - Anchored the Death Valley OL to a good finish.

1. Micah Parsons - No brainer. 
2. Patrick Surtain - Would've been great for Anchorage at CB. 
3. Eric Stokes - Would've stepped up and done a good job for Berlin in their late charge. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes, I was serious. I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was genuinely asking.

As far as Larry O, definitely don't think he fits the idea of a Breakout Player but u get where you're coming from.

• Like 1

The rest of my ballot

MVP:

1. Aaron Rodgers, Berlin
2. Deebo Samuel, New Orleans
3. Derrick Henry, Death Valley

OPOY:

1. Deebo Samuel, New Orleans
2. Jonathan Taylor, Anchorage
3. Cooper Kupp, Camden

DPOY:

1. Kevin Byard, Cancun
2. Micah Parsons, Anchorage
3. Myles Garrett, Ivory Coast

OROY:

1. Rashawn Slater, Antarctica
2. Ja'Marr Chase, Anchorage
3. Kyle Pitts, Anchorage

DROY:

1. Micah Parson, Anchorage
2. Jaelan Phillips, Rome
3. Patrick Surtain, Anchorage

Okay I'll admit I full-on homered on Byard, BUT let me explain. I think in BDL, a lot of stock is put into how much you can take a defensive player out of the game or minimize their impact. With the number of quality left tackles in BDL, I don't think it's hard for a defensive end to have that kind of impact on a game on his own. On the other hand, it's very, very hard to neutralize the free safety or middle linebacker on defense because they're the quarterback of the defense. Other than maybe Antoine Winfield, I think Byard has been in a league of his own at safety this season and would drastically improve any team's pass defense instantly with his instincts, athleticism, and ball skills.

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Hey man you don’t need to include me in this at all. I acquire my picks by making moves. My best defensive players were two rookies I drafted this season and one player I traded for in the offseason in Jaylon Johnson other than Vita. My offensive pass weapons were all rookies. A lot of my success was based on what I did this season. 

Hey man, I'm not attacking you and you know that I respect what you did based on what my ballot looks like. I'm just saying that most of us would have done pretty well with 5 picks in the top 9 and 6 picks in the top 15 last year.

I also think you know you wouldn't have gone anywhere this year without a backfield of Burrow and Taylor, neither of whom have anything to do with moves made this season.

• Like 2