BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

I remain convinced Warner is a top 10 player in the league. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Nothing Fred Warner has done this season is equivalent to TJ Watt. Warner has exactly .5 sack this year.  I will credit Warner he has double the tackles but then Warner is also not routinely getting double teamed or flat out avoided on plays.

He’s off ball LB. People don’t value them the same as pass rushers and CB’s. 

Armstead is a baller, very good player. Perhaps one of the more underrated in the league, but not what Warner is to that defense.

Warner isn’t much of a schematic need to gameplan but he’s the QB of that defense. He always finds the ball, great in pursuit, comfortable in coverage, down hill run defender, forces TOs(Forced Fumbles + INTs), beats OL to the spot against the run. He’s an elite player with his biggest asset being the intangibles he brings to the 49ers defense.

Elite off ball LBs don’t win games in this league, but I think the single biggest influence (there are many) for SF’s defense holding up so well is the impact Warner brings to the game.

Edited by MD4L

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

TJ Watt

Aaron Donald

Myles Garrett

Jalen Ramsey

Vita Vea

Demarcus Lawrence

Tredavious White 

Cam Heyward

Nick Bosa

Micah Parsons

Chris Jones

JC Jackson

Okay... that was more than 10

This is definitely a talented group, but I definitely take Warner over every CB without consideration except Ramsey. 

I take him over Vita and Lawrence (Vita is elite; Lawrence very good)

Parsons is a good one. I can’t really pick right now.

I take him over Heyward. It’s close bc I like Heyward a lot. Hall of famer.

I’d slightly take him over Bosa. Two cornerstone talents.

Watt, Donald, Garrett, & Ramsey bring about some very good conversations IMO. Can’t go wrong at that level of talent.

EDIT 1.0: After 2nd thought and among elites, I’d definitely go Warner over Jones too. Very close but comfortable w the choice.

And I would include Jeffery Simmons in this pathelon of talent. I’d take him over all CBs not named Ramsey too in terms of talent.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Damn time to trade Micah

Micah is elite. He’s actually a legitimately dynamic edge rusher. He’s a boss everywhere he lines up. If I’m a DC, I keep him everywhere to maximize defensive upside. If I’m his agent, full time EDGE bc that is where the financial upside is on defense. 

• Like 1