BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Except we had seen Brady operate in a more vertical passing attack when he had Randy Moss.

Another viable example would be an OT playing OG or vice versa.  Its not just defensive.

Just because I believe I know what my guys can do doesn't mean others agree.  Thats part of the fun of BDL.  Differing viewpoints.

I get the point about a 5T in a 4-3 under being much the same as a 3T in a wide 9 scheme.

And yes, this league is on paper, but the foundation is a real sport with real players we can and should look to.

So Rags what says you about me playing Micah Parsons primarily at edge

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

The bigger issue would be playing a strictly outside corner like a Richard Sherman in the slot.

The thing is most number one corners don’t play nickel. So if a team in a 16 team league has three number 1 corners they will want their best players on the field and one will play nickel. Just because they don’t do it in the league doesn’t mean they can’t here if they are being used against number ones outside irl.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

The thing is most number one corners don’t play nickel. So if a team in a 16 team league has three number 1 corners they will want their best players on the field and one will play nickel. Just because they don’t do it in the league doesn’t mean they can’t here if they are being used against number ones outside irl.

That one is dependent on the player for me.  I can buy Jaire Alexander playing slot much more easily than Sherman.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I figured a rant was incoming.

I think all WRs work from the slot some nowadays.  The bigger issue would be playing a strictly outside corner like a Richard Sherman in the slot.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves in BDL. Why should “we” punish people for collecting #1 corners? I ran into this issue all the time in OKC and it really is backwards to me 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

So I am brand new here. But this league is at least 10 years old, and it would appear you have all come to agree on nothing.

That’s a good sign for me. 

*put’s next to “make it up as I go”

No appear.  We bicker like old women.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Running deep from the slot requires a great route runner?

i mean, i guess not but it kind of completely nullifies the idea of why you put guys in the slot in the first place is that they can go left or right and not run into the boundary quickly