BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

The whole stockpiling of number one wider seavers and number 1 corners et cetera that doesn't bother me at all. Having said that I also think it becomes a little bit illogical is agricultural to attempt to use Some of those players in certain ways just because the a guy is a number one corner doesn't make him a good slot corner. Just because a guy is a number one wide a fever doesn't make him a good slot receiver. You probably aren't likely depending on the type of scheme you run to put a guy who basically almost always runs straight down the field In the slot to run slant routes. So it's not just about acquiring a certain level of player it's also as much about Is building your depth chart with reasonable logic. In my opinion if you're gonna run 4 corners on the defense the defense one of them should be a nickel corner to cover the slot guy I in theory

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

You are really far away from what we're arguing. You disagree and that's fine. 

From what I can tell you're arguing that Richard Sherman should be an acceptable nickel nickelcorner that we should just think that makes sense because this is a fantasy league wherein reality it doesn't

Just now, wwhickok said:

From what I can tell you're arguing that Richard Sherman should be an acceptable nickel nickelcorner that we should just think that makes sense because this is a fantasy league wherein reality it doesn't

It makes a lot more sense then people arbitrarily deciding each week whether or not each player would fit into a scheme. So yes, that's what I'm arguing. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The whole stockpiling of number one wider seavers and number 1 corners et cetera that doesn't bother me at all. Having said that I also think it becomes a little bit illogical is agricultural to attempt to use Some of those players in certain ways just because the a guy is a number one corner doesn't make him a good slot corner. Just because a guy is a number one wide a fever doesn't make him a good slot receiver. You probably aren't likely depending on the type of scheme you run to put a guy who basically almost always runs straight down the field In the slot to run slant routes. So it's not just about acquiring a certain level of player it's also as much about Is building your depth chart with reasonable logic. In my opinion if you're gonna run 4 corners on the defense the defense one of them should be a nickel corner to cover the slot guy I in theory

So slot corner is among the most important positions in BDL to have depth. Specifically slot corner. If your slot corner gets injured good luck covering the slot 

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So this is specifically about Sherman and not about the fact that I believe CBs should play CB in BDL 

I don't think it's about Richard Sherman at all. I think it's about playing players where they can realistically play. Not every corner can be a nickel corner not every corner can be an outside corner not every wide receiver can be an outside receiver or a slot receiver et cetera et cetera. Not every running back is a feature back things of that nature

29 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Okay well I disagree. If I have Champ Bailey and Darrelle revis on my roster that shouldn’t keep me from acquiring Sherman just because “I can’t play him inside”. I can’t really grasp that concept in this league. 

If you traded for him you'd put Revis inside. But Sherman is more a specific case of a guy who played in a zone scheme more often than not.  It's more why would you take this guy and make him not do what he's proven to be elite at than you can't possibly have him 

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

So slot corner is among the most important positions in BDL to have depth. Specifically slot corner. If your slot corner gets injured good luck covering the slot 

I mean in a way yeah yeah I have run into that issue before believe me. It just comes down to the logic of using player as a certain positions we're not talking about penalizing somebodyou know eyes in somebody or punishing them for having good players but we are talking about using players in logical situations

Just now, wwhickok said:

I don't think it's about Richard Sherman at all. I think it's about playing players where they can realistically play. Not every corner can be a nickel corner not every corner can be an outside corner not every wide receiver can be an outside receiver or a slot receiver et cetera et cetera. Not every running back is a feature back things of that nature

Apples to oranges again. A back being a feature back or not is not even related to whether or not a CB plays inside or out. One is related to skill level. One isn't 

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So this is specifically about Sherman and not about the fact that I believe CBs should play CB in BDL 

Exactly

I think you absolutely COULD march all 3 of those guys out there, but then depending upon what scheme you have in your gameplan and what you're asking Sherman to do (in the slot vs. outside), that would depend upon my analysis as to whether or not that gameplan would work.

If you have Sherman on the outside with one of those other two in the slot, I see that as a complete NO FLY ZONE and whoever is gameplanning against you had better try to establish the run or exploit you vertically in the seams if you have some weak safety/safeties, whereas if you had Sherman on the inside and he was going up against a solid slot WR, I don't personally see that as a "win" for you on that matchup and the edge might go to the offensive player.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

If you traded for him you'd put Revis inside. But Sherman is more a specific case of a guy who played in a zone scheme more often than not.  It's more why would you take this guy and make him not do what he's proven to be elite at than you can't possibly have him 

People really did not grasp the concept of that post. That's my fault 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Exactly

I think you absolutely COULD march all 3 of those guys out there, but then depending upon what scheme you have in your gameplan and what you're asking Sherman to do (in the slot vs. outside), that would depend upon my analysis as to whether or not that gameplan would work.

If you have Sherman on the outside with one of those other two in the slot, I see that as a complete NO FLY ZONE and whoever is gameplanning against you had better try to establish the run or exploit you vertically in the seams if you have some weak safety/safeties, whereas if you had Sherman on the inside and he was going up against a solid slot WR, I don't personally see that as a "win" for you on that matchup and the edge might go to the offensive player.

Take away the names. 

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Apples to oranges again. A back being a feature back or not is not even related to whether or not a CB plays inside or out. One is related to skill level. One isn't 

See I disagree with that But regardless my point is simply that the idea is to use players in positions that are realistic to their skills and abilities