BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Take away the names. 

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I'm sick of arguing. You all win. Congratulations @bcb1213 @wwhickok @MWil23 @Ragnarok. It was fun 

I think I'm saying is it's dependent upon the player/scheme and their ability to fit within what you're asking them to do.

Richard Sherman, in his prime, was a tremendous outside zone corner. I don't know how he fits in the NICKEL. I also am not saying I'd ding you for that. If he's going up against some JAG slot receiver that 20 of the 32 NFL teams have, he's probably shutting that dude down.

If he's going up against Kupp, prime Welker, Torry Holt, etc., then I don't think he's able to be that lockdown guy he was on the outside.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I think I'm saying is it's dependent upon the player/scheme and their ability to fit within what you're asking them to do.

Richard Sherman, in his prime, was a tremendous outside zone corner. I don't know how he fits in the NICKEL. I also am not saying I'd ding you for that. If he's going up against some JAG slot receiver that 20 of the 32 NFL teams have, he's probably shutting that dude down.

If he's going up against Kupp, prime Welker, Torry Holt, etc., then I don't think he's able to be that lockdown guy he was on the outside.

..... Congratulations, you are right and won't get any further argumentation from me 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I did not know we were having an argument I thought we were having an open discussion and I did not know this was a competition

@Whicker this is where I am too man. I thought it was a discussion not an argument. I feel like we agree on 90% of what we've been saying.

Take Nick Chubb. If you put him in the slot, he's going to bomb, whereas I think he's as good of a pure runner as has been in the NFL in YEARS. If you put Marshall or LT in the slot, they're going to roast whoever is trying to cover them and also be threats motioning back into the backfield, doing jet sweeps, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

@Whicker this is where I am too man. I thought it was a discussion not an argument. I feel like we agree on 90% of what we've been saying.

Take Nick Chubb. If you put him in the slot, he's going to bomb, whereas I think he's as good of a pure runner as has been in the NFL in YEARS. If you put Marshall or LT in the slot, they're going to roast whoever is trying to cover them and also be threats motioning back into the backfield, doing jet sweeps, etc.

Okay.

I guess I understand where you guys are coming from, but we disagree on what it means in BDL. So there's really not a discussion here as you guys are arguing reality football whereas I'm arguing BDL. They are two different concepts of football 

• Like 1

Just now, Whicker said:

Okay.

I guess I understand where you guys are coming from, but we disagree on what it means in BDL. So there's really not a discussion here as you guys are arguing reality football whereas I'm arguing BDL. They are two different concepts of football 

OK so let me ask you this question it might help people understand more from where you're coming from. Why do you think it is different for bedia what makes you feel that way how do you view view it?

Are you suggesting that positional use should not matter?

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

OK so let me ask you this question it might help people understand more from where you're coming from. Why do you think it is different for bedia what makes you feel that way how do you view view it?

Are you suggesting that positional use should not matter?

I feel like people either aren't reading my posts or I'm doing a poor job of explaining myself. 

I'm suggesting that if a dude plays CB in the NFL, he's eligible to be put at CB in BDL. 

If I'm playing fantasy and have 3 WRs, no one cares if they play slot or out wide. All that matters is that they score points. 

If I have a CB in BDL, it doesn't matter if it's a slot or outside CB, as long as he can cover the WR on a particular play. 

This really isn't a difficult concept and it bothers me there's so much pushback 

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Okay.

Fair enough :) 

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Got it. So I'd get penalized for having both L.T. and T.J. Watt and having them occasionally drop into coverage since they were never asked to do it...that's just weird to think about.

And I suppose having Tomlinson or Marshall Faulk as a slot WR in some situations if I had another dynamic HOF level RB would also be a bad decision.

...I don't get it

So without having time to catch up on all the reading, I think I can sum this debate up by saying that you can put players wherever you want, we all can. You can sell it in your game plan however you wish.

But the reality is that the weakness of a voting system (I am sure guys have quit over this) is that not everyone is going to agree equally on any concept you see a certain way. Maybe four guys vote with you thinking your idea is genius, but on the other hand there’s probably two who disagree on some level. Maybe it even costs you a W some time. Probably just easier to accept that even if you are 100% correct at least 1 of the voters will not see it that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PR said:

I'm just saying... if someone puts a WR or CB in at LT, I'm voting against you 

We are discussing whether putting a CB at CB is a problem or not. No one is saying anything close to your post or what wwhickok was suggesting 

• Like 1