BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I feel like people either aren't reading my posts or I'm doing a poor job of explaining myself. 

I'm suggesting that if a dude plays CB in the NFL, he's eligible to be put at CB in BDL. 

If I'm playing fantasy and have 3 WRs, no one cares if they play slot or out wide. All that matters is that they score points. 

If I have a CB in BDL, it doesn't matter if it's a slot or outside CB, as long as he can cover the WR on a particular play. 

This really isn't a difficult concept and it bothers me there's so much pushback 

I think what's getting lost is your arguing that a number one corner would perform the same at any corner position where others feel some wouldn't work as well in the slot.  I think there's a lot of guys who could legit switch back and forth but there's also dudes who wouldn't be anywhere near as effective inside 

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

So without having time to catch up on all the reading, I think I can sum this debate up by saying that you can put players wherever you want, we all can. You can sell it in your game plan however you wish.

But the reality is that the weakness of a voting system (I am sure guys have quit over this) is that not everyone is going to agree equally on any concept you see a certain way. Maybe four guys vote with you thinking your idea is genius, but on the other hand there’s probably two who disagree on some level. Maybe it even costs you a W some time. Probably just easier to accept that even if you are 100% correct at least 1 of the voters will not see it that way.

No question this is true, and we can see through dialogue likely where guys are going to side with those votes going forward. Right now, this is the "posturing" for these inevitable arguments instead of doing the unthinkable and trying to sway votes in season (which is what the gameplans are for).

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I think what's getting lost is your arguing that a number one corner would perform the same at any corner position where others feel some wouldn't work as well in the slot.  I think there's a lot of guys who could legit switch back and forth but there's also dudes who wouldn't be anywhere near as effective inside 

There is a difference between BDL and reality, just as there's a difference between fantasy football and reality 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

And I think @Whicker is saying this is more or less glorified fantasy football and filling out a roster spot as a 3rd CB makes this all a moot issue if you have a stud CB

Just now, Whicker said:

There is a difference between BDL and reality, just as there's a difference between fantasy football and reality 

I think that's the disconnect. Some see it how you do and others like to view it as if these guys were actually on the field as a unit instead of a straight talent competition 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jlash said:

I hated Justin Smith just because every time I saw a Niners game they would stop keying on him with "Oh boy Justin Smith is just so tough. So tough. Tough guy. Look how his helmet barely fits. Tough guy".

how dare you criticize former BDL stud Justin Smith

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Has Rousseau played inside for the Bills much?

I want to say they played him there a bit, but I might be mixing up his college stuff. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be effective there like the Packers/Ravens used Zadarius Smith inside, though.

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Someone make me a meme about the absurdity of talking about Rousseau for pages after he had one sack in his past 13 games 

He was effective on a hits/pressure basis, but yeah, fair take. It was frustrating to see that he was playing well and the stat sheet not reflecting it.

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

So I am brand new here. But this league is at least 10 years old, and it would appear you have all come to agree on nothing.

That’s a good sign for me. 

*put’s next to “make it up as I go”

Glad you're on the same page as the rest of us!

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I think that's the disconnect. Some see it how you do and others like to view it as if these guys were actually on the field as a unit instead of a straight talent competition 

How do you suggest, then, that we simulate the players playing on field as a unit? 

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I feel like people either aren't reading my posts or I'm doing a poor job of explaining myself. 

I'm suggesting that if a dude plays CB in the NFL, he's eligible to be put at CB in BDL. 

If I'm playing fantasy and have 3 WRs, no one cares if they play slot or out wide. All that matters is that they score points. 

If I have a CB in BDL, it doesn't matter if it's a slot or outside CB, as long as he can cover the WR on a particular play. 

This really isn't a difficult concept and it bothers me there's so much pushback 

Alright so now that I understand completely where you're coming from I think the issue is this;

BDL is not necessarily meant to be fantasy football in the way that you play fantasy football on Yahoo or NFL app or ESPN. It is designed to resemble the NFL as much as you can within a within a fantasy forum based league. Hence the reason there are so many realistic aspects intertwined in the league and that also leads to the expectation of realistic positional use

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

He was effective on a hits/pressure basis, but yeah, fair take. It was frustrating to see that he was playing well and the stat sheet not reflecting it

Do you want me to share his elite PFF grade with you from a run stop and pressure standpoint? *Smirks*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Alright so now that I understand completely where you're coming from I think the issue is this;

BDL is not necessarily meant to be fantasy football in the way that you play fantasy football on Yahoo or NFL app or ESPN. It is designed to resemble the NFL as much as you can within a within a fantasy forum based league. Hence the reason there are so many realistic aspects intertwined in the league and that also leads to the expectation of realistic positional use

Okay. We disagree.

This is not realistic football, nor is it fantasy football. It's BDL. It has its own quirks and nuances, and I do not believe it actually represents realisitic football nor does it need to. 

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

I want to say they played him there a bit, but I might be mixing up his college stuff. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be effective there like the Packers/Ravens used Zadarius Smith inside, though.

I'd be skeptical unless I saw it in the NFL.  But MWils explanation of how they use him in a 4-3 under makes a lot of sense.