BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

43 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

First, although it may be obvious I put zero research into current rosters for this one.

Second, every time you guys tell me who You Will draft this is the face I make 

Suspicious GIF by SVU

Ideally I would like to come out of the top 9 with one of the top offensive linemen and 2 impact defenders (positions can vary as I feel I have some flexibility there) but BPA will reign supreme for me. So if it’s 2 olinemen and 1 defender or 3 defenders or 1 WR and 2 olinemen we shall see. I promise you this however. I won’t draft a QB, RB, or TE in the top 9 this year... everything else is fair game. And I am open to moving down from 9 so there’s that also.

For conversation's sake:

I'm a bit surprised in this format that QB's are not regarded a little higher in terms of draft capital. I'm new, but based on mocks and discussions it appears one can "reach" for OL, CB, or Edge. But QB just doesn't seem that important comparatively. I know it's a weaker crop. My point remains. To some degree even the WR's seem to lose out. I am questioning whether I've just been playing way too much dynasty fantasy football over the last few years and maybe my viewpoint is skewed. 

I have no 1st (or 2nd or 3rd or 4th) round pick. BUT...if I had my choice I couldn't tell you right now whether I'd prefer Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. And that's honesty. I think I'm starting to lean Hutch. But on re-watch that could easily change. Combine might clear this up for more people than just myself.

I have a bit of a man-crush on Kenyon Green. I get Guards aren't valued quite as highly as Tackles but in reality he probably could acquaint himself reasonably well playing either. I think he's going to be a hell of a Guard. If I had a 1st in the 8-16 range I'd absolutely have to consider him. Perhaps some of that positional value would slide him down. But it probably shouldn't.

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

For conversation's sake:

I'm a bit surprised in this format that QB's are not regarded a little higher in terms of draft capital. I'm new, but based on mocks and discussions it appears one can "reach" for OL, CB, or Edge. But QB just doesn't seem that important comparatively. I know it's a weaker crop. My point remains. To some degree even the WR's seem to lose out. I am questioning whether I've just been playing way too much dynasty fantasy football over the last few years and maybe my viewpoint is skewed. 

I have no 1st (or 2nd or 3rd or 4th) round pick. BUT...if I had my choice I couldn't tell you right now whether I'd prefer Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. And that's honesty. I think I'm starting to lean Hutch. But on re-watch that could easily change. Combine might clear this up for more people than just myself.

I have a bit of a man-crush on Kenyon Green. I get Guards aren't valued quite as highly as Tackles but in reality he probably could acquaint himself reasonably well playing either. I think he's going to be a hell of a Guard. If I had a 1st in the 8-16 range I'd absolutely have to consider him. Perhaps some of that positional value would slide him down. But it probably shouldn't.

Really depends on the class of QB but QBs can be found later in BDL. With less teams more of us have top QBs. If this was a 32 team league it would be different. A lot of guys like to go FA or Shark Tank on QB to avoid the bust rate.

• Like 2

I'm curious to see how some of the teams approach 3 Downs that they still haven't used. There's 3 or 4 teams that don't have a choice but to 3D some serious contracts with how few players they have on their roster right now ::cough , cough:: Berlin ::cough, cough:: and knowing that it pretty much devalues the likely candidates they've been trying to trade.

smoke screens? Keeping OBJ is a smoke screen if ive ever seen one. Dude tore his ACL, no chance he is on Berlins roster at 13k+ for the upcoming season when they still need at least 27 players to fill out their roster

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Really depends on the class of QB but QBs can be found later in BDL. With less teams more of us have top QBs. If this was a 32 team league it would be different. A lot of guys like to go FA or Shark Tank on QB to avoid the bust rate.

Funny thing is I'm riding that roller-coaster in a Superflex dynasty league I'm in. I have Russ but virtually nobody else. While guys have gone out of their way to take every promising QB at 1-6 I've spent my early picks on Lamb, Chase, Kyle Pitts, etc. So far it's working I think. I've made the playoffs both years I've been in the league. No Ships yet though. Last year I dealt with a TON of injuries though. I think it was a successful season simply for making it in. 

Then I'm grabbing scrubs like Davis Mills and Kyle Trask (let this be the year) late hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Going to be a very interesting rookie draft this year. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I'm curious to see how some of the teams approach 3 Downs that they still haven't used. There's 3 or 4 teams that don't have a choice but to 3D some serious contracts with how few players they have on their roster right now ::cough , cough:: Berlin ::cough, cough:: and knowing that it pretty much devalues the likely candidates they've been trying to trade.

smoke screens? Keeping OBJ is a smoke screen if ive ever seen one. Dude tore his ACL, no chance he is on Berlins roster at 13k+ for the upcoming season when they still need at least 27 players to fill out their roster

The only reason I haven't dropped OBJ is on the off chance he actually does retire.  Whats the rush?

And why do I need 27 players?