BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I just don't see why he'd continue to put up with Green Bay who puts forth minimal effort to provide Rodgers with substantial weapons on offense when he could go to another team that has better weapons and possibly have an actual chance of winning in the playoffs. 

Rodgers has one of the best offenses in the league around him. Two starter quality running backs, one of the top receivers in the league, one of the top offensive lines in the league, and a solid 2/3 in Allen Lazard and Marquez Valdes-Scantling (who may or may not be back). They need to give him another receiver, sure, but this is a great offense with a great offensive-minded head coach.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Can we be honest here? That's not exactly what happened last season.

He pulled this "or else" attitude about every roster move GB made or would make. 

Dudes ego is the size of the entire west coast.

He did not and that is a laughable take. He asked for Randall Cobb back and that's it.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Can we be honest here? That's not exactly what happened last season.

He pulled this "or else" attitude about every roster move GB made or would make. 

Dudes ego is the size of the entire west coast.

That is unequivocally untrue.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Rodgers has one of the best offenses in the league around him. Two starter quality running backs, one of the top receivers in the league, one of the top offensive lines in the league, and a solid 2/3 in Allen Lazard and Marquez Valdes-Scantling (who may or may not be back). They need to give him another receiver, sure, but this is a great offense with a great offensive-minded head coach.

He did not and that is a laughable take. He asked for Randall Cobb back and that's it.

He publicly criticized some of the releases. 

And idk man... MVS leaves a lot to be desired.  That offense probably is better than I'm giving it credit for. It won't shock me no matter what he does. And as long as he does it without winning a SB, I'm here for it lol

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He publicly criticized some of the releases. 

And idk man... MVS leaves a lot to be desired.  That offense probably is better than I'm giving it credit for. It won't shock me no matter what he does. And as long as he does it without winning a SB, I'm here for it lol

Name one

MVS is a No. 3 receiver and a deep threat, what more do you want? Career 17.5 YPR. He's not a star or anything but plenty of teams would take that.

2 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

For conversation's sake:

I'm a bit surprised in this format that QB's are not regarded a little higher in terms of draft capital. I'm new, but based on mocks and discussions it appears one can "reach" for OL, CB, or Edge. But QB just doesn't seem that important comparatively. I know it's a weaker crop. My point remains. To some degree even the WR's seem to lose out. I am questioning whether I've just been playing way too much dynasty fantasy football over the last few years and maybe my viewpoint is skewed. 

I have no 1st (or 2nd or 3rd or 4th) round pick. BUT...if I had my choice I couldn't tell you right now whether I'd prefer Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. And that's honesty. I think I'm starting to lean Hutch. But on re-watch that could easily change. Combine might clear this up for more people than just myself.

I have a bit of a man-crush on Kenyon Green. I get Guards aren't valued quite as highly as Tackles but in reality he probably could acquaint himself reasonably well playing either. I think he's going to be a hell of a Guard. If I had a 1st in the 8-16 range I'd absolutely have to consider him. Perhaps some of that positional value would slide him down. But it probably shouldn't.

As you state it's a weaker crop 

Secondly you need to remember that a bdl second is a real life first.  3-4 is a real life second etc 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Name one

MVS is a No. 3 receiver and a deep threat, what more do you want? Career 17.5 YPR. He's not a star or anything but plenty of teams would take that.

Firstly, I don't recall who the player was that they waived and Rodgers threw a fit about it, thats how insignificant the player was. Then there was him wanting the GM removed. The man is a walking head case.

Edited by wwhickok

26 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Firstly, I don't recall who the player was that they waived and Rodgers threw a fit about it, thats how insignificant the player was. Then there was him wanting the GM removed. The man is a walking head case.

Jake Kumerow, two years ago, who they cut instead of some no-name receiver who also isn't on the roster anymore? yes how dare our four time MVP and 1st ballot Hall of Fame quarterback be upset that the front office cut a guy literally days after he praised him and clearly had a good connection with. How dare a quarterback want to play with receivers he trusts!

If you were one of the best employees at your company and your boss picked up a guy who is clearly meant to be your replacement instead of getting you other people to help you do your job, you would be upset with your boss too. Frankly I don't think Gutekunst is a great GM.

Of course there's also the fact Rodgers never actually said any of this publicly, it's all second-hand media reports.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blue said:

Jake Kumerow, two years ago, who they cut instead of some no-name receiver who also isn't on the roster anymore? yes how dare our four time MVP and 1st ballot Hall of Fame quarterback be upset that the front office cut a guy literally days after he praised him and clearly had a good connection with. How dare a quarterback want to play with receivers he trusts!

If you were one of the best employees at your company and your boss picked up a guy who is clearly meant to be your replacement instead of getting you other people to help you do your job, you would be upset with your boss too. Frankly I don't think Gutekunst is a great GM.

Of course there's also the fact Rodgers never actually said any of this publicly, it's all second-hand media reports.

If you count the Pat McAfee show as public which I do, he definitely made public comments.

But my goal wasn't to sit here and bash the packers or Rodgers. As a player there is no denying his talent. As a person, to me, dude is trash.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Not disagreeing with him being a head case or unlikable.

But Rodgers didn't throw a fit, try to get the GM removed, or really comment on anything.  The media turned it into a story.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Remaining 3D Predictions:

Singapore: OG Matt Feiler / Edge Danielle Hunter / S Jabrill Peppers

Why would I 3 Down my starting LG who played very well last season? Over the other guy who is always injured.

I won't be making any 3 Downs until June. There is 0 reason to do so before then.