BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 hours ago, MD4L said:

I think Cross is going blow the combine out the water.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Not necessarily on Cross. Some of these players skipped my mind, although I've seen Cross projected all over the place.

Whoops, I was thinking Nick Cross when I said this.

Charles Cross might have a Tristian Wirfs type of year one. He’s got top notch upside.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah Nick Cross, Safety, he is an interesting prospect, I'll be curious to see his combine performance. 

Yeah, I’m pretty sure he’s a high caliber athlete. Maryland wasn’t playing in big games but 4.4/40 inch vert territory is very realistic with him.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

That’s not saying much IMO

“He'll have a better career than Hutchinson.“- Rags

If I end up with him at 2 I hope the rest does not follow...

On 4/13/2021 at 4:22 AM, Blue said:

Collins is my top-rated LB, think he's Bobby Wagner reincarnated. Just love him as a prospect.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:24 AM, wwhickok said:

I seriously considered him at 11 before trading back and again at 13 before trading back. No way after he fell to me I was passing on him again here. I've gotten 2 of the 3 Defensive players I wanted before the 4th round so far. The other one is staring me in the face still. Great chance he makes it to 3.1 

On 4/13/2021 at 4:27 AM, rackcs said:

Yeah, I was telling wwhickok that I didn't think he would last till his pick, thought for sure someone would scoop him up before now.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:27 AM, Jlash said:

Thanks I hope so

He was next on my BB

On 4/13/2021 at 4:31 AM, wwhickok said:

I honestly thought you'd pick Collins. I like Marshall, I think that's a solid addition to your WR group. Nice pick 

On 4/13/2021 at 4:50 AM, Scoundrel said:

Yeah he will likely be like the Jeremy Chinn pick for WW. 

On 4/13/2021 at 7:20 AM, Ragnarok said:

Marshall and Zaven are two excellent picks.

Now we wait for pheltz to finish getting his sponge bath.

On 4/13/2021 at 7:32 AM, pheltzbahr said:

Nothing like a sponge bath.  Collins was a great pick, had him 17 on my BB.

On 4/13/2021 at 7:34 AM, MD4L said:

It was Etienne or Collins for me. I’m also a big believer.

Although I still do think Collins turns into a very good player

On 3/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, wwhickok said:

If we are talking about Parsons, I see him as a much better LB in the NFL than a DE.

PSU, as good of athletes as they have had, have been very under coached. That teams' roster has been capable of so much more than that coaching staff is capable of imo.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, Blue said:

It is a negative. Not a fan of Oweh as a prospect.

Parsons didn't really play any rush backer at PSU. He was always an off-ball guy. You're not confusing him with Shaka Toney, are you?

On 3/27/2021 at 10:11 PM, wwhickok said:

Um. No. I am a PSU fan. First of all, I dont think Oweh will live up to any of the hype. Second of all, I see Parsons as being very similar to Navarro Bowman pre-injury.

I think Parsons best position is absolutely Off ball LB in the NFL but can, imo, play OLB

On 3/27/2021 at 10:22 PM, Blue said:

Well now I'm really confused because I don't know why you would even bring up Parsons as an Edge at all in that case.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:36 PM, wwhickok said:

I'm simply saying in the NFL, who knows what a coach will do.  Having said that, when I said Edge that was a mistake. I was referring to him as being used outside. But I could see an NFL coach trying to force him to be a 4-3 End which would be a major mistake.

On 3/28/2021 at 7:21 AM, Blue said:

...why? That's like saying you could see a team using Zach Wilson at safety.

On 3/28/2021 at 8:18 AM, Scoundrel said:

That’s not even remotely close. That’s the different side of the ball. Parsons came to PSU as a defensive end. LBer is also front 7 on defense. Will he play end? No. But could he be used to rush off the edge on passing downs or long to go situations on a four man line? He very well could. A creative defensive mind may use him there. But he will not play every down 4-3 end. His arms are too short and he hasn’t played it in years. But come on. WW saying that is nothing like saying a team could use Zach Wilson at safety. 

Off season convos are always fun

14 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

“He'll have a better career than Hutchinson.“- Rags

If I end up with him at 2 I hope the rest does not follow...

Although I still do think Collins turns into a very good player

Do more of this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

We out on Zaven Collins after 1 year? I'll take him.

Not out on him read what I said at the end. No other player got more props after being picked last season. I was high on him too. He was Blues top linebacker though over Parsons which was interesting to me.

• Like 1