BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

31 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Why?

I have Carlton Davis (who will be 3 upped), Rock Ya-Sin, Trayvon Mullen, Cameron Dantzler, Javon Holland, Xavier McKinney, Jeremy Chinn? What about that is incomplete?

Can I add to it? Sure. Do I need to? Not in my opinion.

Other than Davis, Holland and Chinn (who you list as an ILB btw) the rest of those guys are just JAGs IMO.

But you are happy with that group so that is what matters.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Other than Davis, Holland and Chinn (who you list as an ILB btw) the rest of those guys are just JAGs IMO.

But you are happy with that group so that is what matters.

McKinney was pretty darn good last year.  Rock is just bad.  Id have no issue going after either Dantzler or Mullen in a game plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Ironically, I told him I'm putting 8 in the box, and he went out and traded for a QB who allows me to do just that. Hello Cover 0 engage 8 just like every NFL team used against him this year and shut him down going down the stretch.

This intrigues me schematically on what he's going to try to do.

I like Lamar Jackson and think the trade is fine, I even think he got really good value. Just hilarious that he spent all last season absolutely trashing Lamar and then traded for him. When people start talking about Lamar's passing struggles next season and he tries to defend it, people can just pull up all of ww's quotes about how Lamar sucks. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

This is how I expect even after the combine the top 6 to go... I’ll stop short of my own pick at 7 because reasons...

1. Cancun- Hamilton
2. Anchorage- Thibodeaux 
3. Gotham- Neal
4. Antarctica- Hutchinson 
5. Rome- Stingley Jr
6. Lancaster- Burks

I think Ekwonu has a shot to go in there. I'd be really torn there between two similarly talented players. Ekwonu who fills a bigger need but Burks being probably my biggest draft crush.

55 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Why?

I have Carlton Davis (who will be 3 upped), Rock Ya-Sin, Trayvon Mullen, Cameron Dantzler, Javon Holland, Xavier McKinney, Jeremy Chinn? What about that is incomplete?

Can I add to it? Sure. Do I need to? Not in my opinion.

I like the safeties for sure but that CB group is definitely not enough in a 16 man league.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

.I like the safeties for sure but that CB group is definitely not enough in a 16 man league.

2 things: 1).when I said complete, I simply meant from a starter standpoint. 

2) have you ever thought that me talking trash on Lamar is because I wanted him and wanted to reduce the value it would take to get him?

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Just hilarious that he spent all last season absolutely trashing Lamar and then traded for him.

I'm gonna go on a limb and guess a lot of that was divisional hatred that WW was very clearly taking too far.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Your DC already said that, smart guy.

Just really want to hammer home how it makes no sense to pair his run game with a quarterback who, realistically, is just encouraging teams to play with more guys in the box to stop the run.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I dare you to put 8 men in the box every down when you play me.

Okay!

• Like 1