BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, RedGold said:

If Lamar signs an extension..   Technically Ww still has the option to use that correct?   It is a 5th year.

That part was interesting to me

Yes, if Lamar signs an extension and ww can fit it into his cap, then he has the choice to update the deal to match the extension or keep him on the 5th year option.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Wait...so he's a good zone corner but Indy doesn't let him play enough zone to show that he's a good zone corner?

That isn't what I said. When indie uses him the way he should be used he seems to excel. But when Indy is using their defensive players in ways that they're  Not necessarily at their best, both those players & that defense fails. There was plenty of evidence over that this past season

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

These are all the reactions I expected and I and I am completely OK with it.

And I will also be completely OK with it while I'm climbing over the dead bodies in my division

Lamar has been on a bit of a downslide since his MVP season.  Whether thats due to injury, poor blocking, teams adjusting the defense, or whatever...he could definitely regain his old form and be what you hope.  Or he continues this slide.

The part that confuses me more is that you had a QB who just showed he can win the big game for the first time in his career.  And that will alter how he is viewed here.  Why not stick with him?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That isn't what I said. When indie uses him the way he should be used he seems to excel. But when Indy is using their defensive players in ways that they're  Not necessarily had their best both those players in that defense fails. There was plenty of evidence over that this past season

Never use the word excel when talking about Rock unless its his ability to get flags thrown on him.

Not really sure what you're saying after that.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Lamar has been on a bit of a downslide since his MVP season.  Whether thats due to injury, poor blocking, teams adjusting the defense, or whatever...he could definitely regain his old form and be what you hope.  Or he continues this slide.

The part that confuses me more is that you had a QB who just showed he can win the big game for the first time in his career.  And that will alter how he is viewed here.  Why not stick with him?

You're absolutely right I traded the quarterback that should have won the Bizz Bowl.

I regret that, explained earlier, because rebuilding was my oriental intent..

But now all I can do is move forward.